PDA

View Full Version : Hotmail - Windows Live Mail (Beta)

John
24th June 2006, 00:40
Hi folks

I usually jump at the option of trying something new, and this was no different. So after taking up Hotmail's generous offer and enabling their Live Mail beta service on my Inbox, I thought it'd look just the same as it does on my housemate's PC. I.e. a list of all the Inbox messages on the left, and a preview pane on the right, which opens up the message when clicked on.

Having just enabled it, I can see everything in the Inbox, but it's all stacked on top of another. So I've got about ten sets of New, Edit, Reply, Forward buttons on top of each other followed by my list of Inbox messages sat below that, and then below that sits my preview pane.

So you can imagine how much scrolling I'm having to do just to read my messages. And I hate scrolling, as Keith well knows. With a passion! :yikes:

Now, I'm back home this weekend, so it might just be Internet Explorer playing games on me or Windows 98 (yes, I use a very old, fast and unclogged machine when in Grimsby) having a barrell of laughs at my expense.

When I return to Sheffield on Sunday I'll be hoping things are laid out just as I expected them to be. If they're not, I've got a problem.

I've tried looking through the options and customise list... but there aren't any options, as far as I can see, that relate to LAYOUT. :doh

If anyone has enabled this on their Inbox and has it looking absolutely fine, I'd love to hear from you. But nevertheless, ANY help would be much appreciated! Thanks.

wb
24th June 2006, 01:28
It was so ironic that your whole post did not fit on my page, and I had to scroll to read it. :box

Sorry, dont know how to fix it john :(

Win2Win
24th June 2006, 08:36
Sorry John, couldn't answer your post, I'm so annoyed after having to scroll down this far :D

John
25th June 2006, 00:54
Thanks for your help. :doh

TheOldhamWhisper
25th June 2006, 09:04
It's a Beta test - you are supposed to contact the support team so they can fix the problem!

Bite the Bullet, scroll down and send them an email :D

John
25th June 2006, 10:50
I don't mind a little bit of scrolling. Just annoys me when I have to scroll down a very very long page to click a button or a link that should be at the top of the page. It's bad user interface design.

Anyway I got this sorted eventually by switching to "Classic Hotmail View." It lists all your Inbox or otherwise folder messages and displays the Preview pane to the right. So now I have it looking normal at least.

Thanks anyway Oldham.