PDA

View Full Version : Inkjet Print Cartridges

vegyjones
7th September 2006, 13:55
Have an expiry date on them!
What happens after that expiry date? Can you still use them?

I have a bundle of old cvartridges that I could see on ebay!
But obviously don't want to sell them if they are now dodgy!

The expiry dates are about 1999 - 2000!

Win2Win
7th September 2006, 13:58
2000 :laugh

The printer probably doesn't even exist!! :doh

vegyjones
7th September 2006, 14:00
The same cartridges are still sold on ebay!

Just wondered wether my expired ones are any good!

GlosRFC
7th September 2006, 14:31
It's possible that the ink has congealed or solidified inside the cartridge and use of them would probably invalidate any printer manufacturer's guarantee. But, as Keith points out, any guarantee would be long expired by then too plus the cartridges for older printers probably aren't manufactured any more so their owners would bite your arm off for them. And why can't you sell stuff on Ebay that's dodgy? Most of it seems to be. Providing you've told people that they're expired the old maxim will apply - caveat emptor!

Win2Win
7th September 2006, 15:12
Just add "Vegy's T&C apply*"

*Bugger all warranty. :)

roma
7th September 2006, 21:14
I buy old Hewlett Packard cartridges on ebay and the black ones seem good for a few years after the date. I've never tried any that old though! Colour may be not so good - I had a problem with a colour one about 2 years old, one of the colours had dried up.

No problem with putting them on ebay as long as you say they're out of date. You might not get much for them but as long as they're a good brand and still sealed someone might be willing to take a chance for a couple of quid. :)

Win2Win
7th September 2006, 22:10
Just give them to the chairty shop you tight :butthead: :D

roma
8th September 2006, 11:22
I don't think they would want them .... the ones round here would definitely turn their noses up at them anyway :ermmm

Win2Win
8th September 2006, 11:56
I took my kids into a charity shop last week................but the owner gave them back :(

vegyjones
8th September 2006, 12:17
Boom Boom!