PDA

View Full Version : Labelthou(Fr) - Now hear this!

Godspot
6th December 2006, 17:25
:rolleyes: First Qualifier on soon to be published system, is last Friday's Sandown winner, Labelthou(Fr).

The system is called - 'SPART,' which stands for something like, Speed Above Ratings and to qualify all a horse has to do is record a Raceform SS or Racing Post TS figure above it's Official H'cap Rating.

According to Raceform, Labelthou(Fr) clocked a similar SS to Kauto Star on Saturday of [117], no mean feat seeing as no other horse who ran last week did.
According to RP's TS, Labelthou(Fr) clocked a [142].

Both these figures can be said to be, 'above, Labelthou(Fr)'s OR of a measly [94]. The 'MAD' thing is, the Official H'capper did not touch the rating in his re-assessment - he lowered the 57l's 4th by 7lb's. When you think Kauto has an OR of [176].....

One thing i've learnt today is that the Raceform Ratings & Racing Post Ratings are the same (person even). If you look through Saturday's Cheltenham entries you will see that Labelthou(Fr) is entered to run 3.45, 3m Grade2 Nov Hdle and is some 20lb clear of the next best in the RPR or RR column.

My guess is that they don't run here but wait, there must be a couple of valuable h'caps to be had with Labelthou(Fr) before Cheltenham!!!!!

Definitely, One To Follow......:wink

Win2Win
6th December 2006, 18:41
http://files.myopera.com/prosperingbear/albums/87991/Cliff%20Fall.jpg

:wink

Godspot
7th December 2006, 03:47
Can I insert pictures like that?

bigcumba
7th December 2006, 07:34
bend over and we'll soon find out :laugh

Win2Win
7th December 2006, 09:56
Can I insert pictures like that?
Why...? One like that is already there :doh.....here's another....:D

http://www1.talksport.net/images/features/9/3/6/100639/specsavers.jpg

Godspot
10th December 2006, 14:18
3.45 Class 1 Grade 2 (0-150+) nh 24f

(=) Massini’s Maguire, Posted, C, fresh, solid form but
(+7) Flight Leader, Noted
(+49) Labelthou, Posted, fit & class above this judged on last week’s performance. Strongest Win prospect of the day.

An excerpt from yesterday's Notebook. I was so transfixed with Labelthou's (+49) I didn't even notice Flight Leader. I was convinced by the way she had ran that she should get the trip. Luckily, they didn't clock too fast a time & I can't see her rating being affected too much by this run. I still think however that they will put her up a stone but that will still leave (+31). When she runs in a h'cap over 20f on 'st grnd, she will be a serious Hot Ting Qualifier.

PS. I'll keep you posted as to how her OR was affected, Weds/Thurs....

Godspot
15th December 2006, 12:57
The only way I can make sense of this is if the handicapper took into account that there was an OR of [136], Massini's Maguire, in the race.

You've got an OR[121] vs OR[93] at level weights, OR[121] wins by 9l's, does that really constitute a hike of 25lbs for the winner? Labelthou(Fr) has achieved RPR's of 145 & 137 in her last two races & so far remains unaffected by the handicapper, she is still on an OR[93]. Fortunately, for all those who have :snooze :snooze , nodded off on the matter, she is being put away for a well earned rest but what's the bet that she returns in a handicap but of more import, what will her rating be?

To be continued.....:ermmm

Godspot
2nd January 2007, 12:14
We could have 4 for the price of one if The Abbots Habit gets anywhere near The Whisperer in the 1.40 at Ayr this afternnon.

Cracking little race where The Whisperer, who was more fancied in the betting than Flight Leader in the Grade 2 he contested last time, is more proven over this trip than The Abbot’s Habit. He was giving 4lb when beaten 16l’s by the winner who was upped to an OR of 146 & who confirmed the form in no uncertain terms yesterday.

After yesterday's Grade 2 win by Flight Leader, I can see Labelthou(Fr) getting a crafty in-between race weight rise by the Official H'capper this Sunday, rather like Nenuphar Collonges(Fr) after the exploits of Brave Villa. The mad thing now though, is she likely to run in a h'cap? I doubt it for some time.

Godspot
13th January 2007, 13:58
2.30 Warwick,

Good for favourites & statistically, that she was only placed last time, like all previous winners of this race. She's 'fresh again & has required ground, over a trip she is proven at. I wouldn't say she was a safe lay but we'll be lucky to get anything above evens.

So it's bye bye official rating of 93, I'm pretty sure of that!

TheOldhamWhisper
13th January 2007, 16:46
I'm amazed you haven't worked this out yet - they're NOT trying to pull a fast one with the handicapper!! The horse is Group class and I wouldn't be surprised if they are thinking about the Festival for this one.

Godspot
14th January 2007, 13:59
I don't think anyone is trying to pull anything. I've realised for some time she is Group class - it's just that her official rating seems to have been forgotten about. Next week's Weight Watcher will be interesting - what will they do? Just plant a 140 by her name in the results or actually show in WW that she's had to be upped something like +47 from 93 - 140. Flight Leader is rated 160 now.

TheOldhamWhisper
14th January 2007, 14:54
there must be a couple of valuable h'caps to be had with Labelthou(Fr)

When she runs in a h'cap over 20f on 'st grnd, she will be a serious Hot Ting Qualifier

she is being put away for a well earned rest but what's the bet that she returns in a handicap but of more import, what will her rating be?

I don't think anyone is trying to pull anything.

In which case, I have one more question - What is the actual point of this thread then? :doh

bigcumba
14th January 2007, 16:02
Why am I reminded of a preacher in an empty church? :rolleyes:

Godspot
23rd January 2007, 12:28
Amazing! +52! We don't see that very often in Weight Watcher but frankly I don't see how he (the handicapper) can do that purely on the basis of this last run - it must be a delayed reaction to some previous effort.

Trainer Alan King must hold Zilcash in some regard, letting him get anywhere near her & the +18 he received looks a little steep at this stage but he must be the highest rated maiden juvenile.

Flight Leader (now the highest rated novice hurdler in training) is set to take on Black Jack Ketchum in the Cleeve Hurdle on Saturday. The trainer says he'll be happy with second but I reckon he'll have to be 'thereabouts' to justify his lofty rating.

It's a bit disappointing that we only managed a measley odds on to crucify her rating but being a mare I suppose connections wanted the Black Type.

wb
17th February 2007, 12:15
You on Labelthou (1.25 Hay) today Godspot?

Godspot
17th February 2007, 12:27
I decided she wasn't a safe bet, the only time she has been beaten lately was when she tried 3m against Flight Leader. It's a pretty close call on all the ratings & she might just find another real, 3 miler here. The 7/4 about Turn On The Style @ Lingfield is a better bet I feel. I could be wrong but I was none too impressed last time, the bottom weight looks interesting.

PS, I've only just cottoned on to your h'cap thread, that's doing alright, well done bud.

Godspot
17th February 2007, 20:01
Sorry Wayne, I hope that wasn't too painful.

All I can say after that is that I think Blazing Bailey could be a good thing in the World Hurdle.

wb
17th February 2007, 21:26
No worries, I had him (to small stakes) on a system that I'm trying out. Ran another decent one allright.

Godspot
15th March 2007, 05:04
The Rendlesham Hurdle has produced three Stayers Hurdle winners in 20 years & three winners have gone on to be placed, so I wouldn't put anyone off from backing her EW today, if the ground had stayed soft-heavy, I would have thought she was a good thing for a place, although on a line through Flight Leader, she has a bit to find with Blazing Bailey.