PDA

View Full Version : Euromillions Value??

Healio
23rd January 2007, 22:40
Okay bear with me here, i know the sums may be a bit messed up:

So the euromillions draw has two parts, the main draw and lucky stars.
We'll forget about the main draw for the purpose of this post.

So the highstreet bookies allow bets on 1 lucky star or both lucky stars at 3/1 and 30/1 respectively. If you were to do 6 of the lucky stars numbers in a cross doubles (i.e. the 30/1 bet), that would be 15 bets. If you were to get the two up you would win 30 (15 profit).

This is the bit thats wrecking my head. Would you be getting even money on a 6/4 shot or a 4/6 shot??? Or what odds would you be getting to do this bet??

presto
23rd January 2007, 22:56
:laugh don't even attempt anything to do with the lottery, i think we have had a thread on this before, needless to say the lottery was ripped into as a con. you just can't beat it, no matter what you do.
i know the euro millions is the worst value lottery around, though not sure about anything else - though i will put my head on the line and call anything associated with it 'another big con'.

presto
23rd January 2007, 23:04
lets all rip into the lottery: :D

http://www.win2win.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=42357

Healio
23rd January 2007, 23:59
i know the euro millions is the worst value lottery around,

Ah that is my whole point. Doing it down the bookies you can narrow the odds in your favour by doing my example below:

Using these: 1 3 5 7 8 9 numbers for the euro luckystars since the 21st April 2006, you would have matched both luckystars 22 times out of 40, matched 1 15 times of 40, and lost 3 times out of 40. The were two cases of a 6 week winning streak, with the worst losing streak being 4 weeks.

Now if you had them done through the lotto agents, you'd have lost everytime 40/40 unless you had matched a number in the main draw as well. But down the bookies you'd have backed a 30/1 winner 22 times. Or won 15 units - 22 times(with six in a row twice.) A Clever staking plan could exploit this to a nice profit.

presto
24th January 2007, 00:09
not familiar with how it works. but using past data is completely useless as every number drawn is completely random, YES - previous sequences could emerge but, they have no impact on future draws.

eg, roulette:
8 red's 2 black in the last 10 spins.
now if you come to the conclusion that red has an 80% SR, you could devise staking for this which woold look fantastic on paper (using previous results), but in reality - every previous spin was a one off, and no future predictions can be made. well apart from the chances are around 48% / 48% black red - with an evens payout.

Healio
24th January 2007, 00:21
not familiar with how it works. but using past data is completely useless as every number drawn is completely random, YES - previous sequences could emerge but, they have no impact on future draws.

And there is the logical thinker i needed to see! I knew there had to be something to it.

Well im still going to sell it on ebay, cant argue with 15 unit profit a week GUARANTEED. :laugh