PDA

View Full Version : Mondays Golden Lay

Win2Win
20th February 2007, 13:47
:ermmm Told you at least one folk would moan about not including the result, so I'll explain as simply as possible;

1) The results on the site have ALWAYS been those I have bet myself, this has been the way since launch back around 2000. If I DO NOT back or lay a selction for any reason, I do not include it in the results, as they are my personal result. Yesterday Betfair was offline when I checked, so could not bet. Simple. Even if it came back on a few minutes before, an unstable market would form, and you should not get involved with them Win or Lay.

2) The prices are the AVERAGE price I get on Betfair. Some folk contact me asking why I put up 6.8 on a horse when it won at 3/1 SP? Because 6.8 was the average price I got. Strange when on numerous occassions I put up a result at say 3.8 that won at 5/1 SP no one complaints. :doh

3) ALL profitable EW bets that are placed are added to the results as a LOSER. ALL profitable win PLACE bets are listed in the results as LOSER. ALL profitable PLACE lays are not even included in the results. This means profit of well into double figures is missing from the results, has anyone complained? :(

4) The Golden Lays are in profit, huge profit for FREE, and is a better service than the vast majority of pay for services elsewhere, so why would I want to 'fiddle' the figures, when they are already proven long term? If I take 4pts off the 112pts profit to keep one person happy....they are still FREE and still 108pts in profit!! Let me know where else you can get that sort of profit for FREE. :mover

If I start adding Win & Lay results to the site of bets I DO NOT do, then that is misleading, not the other way round.

5) I am currently on holdiay, and DO NOT have to give out any information, especially the free stuff, so maybe I should just have my holiday, and the next update will be 2nd March. Everyone happy with that? At least then I can't be accussed of misleading folk! :ermmm

I have CLEARLY put up an explanation in hopefully easy to understand English on the Golden Lay & results pages of what the rules are.

The other day, although not a selection on here I had a 5/1 winning win bet. I should have had £80 on it, but breakfast was more important. If it had been a slection on here it would NOT have been included in the results.

vegyjones
20th February 2007, 13:51
Shouldn't you be in your car trying to jump from one side of the Grand Canyon to the other? :doh

Win2Win
20th February 2007, 13:56
Do you want to be BANNED? I need my breakfast, and now I've had to come on the forum, so have to go through all the posts :(

Nick777
20th February 2007, 14:50
Luckily, I was on line myself and managed to log in on my speedy computer......got the bets on just in time......cruel espcially when on Friday last week I got caught up in a meeting till 15h00 and missed the first half of the racing.....which would have won me £400....as it turns out, got onto the last half of the racing which cost me £200.

The nett effect was a £600 Loss for me.....:splapme

on we go......:ooo

Street cry
20th February 2007, 15:47
cheers keith i wondered why it wasnt up thought i had laid an a bet or something ha ha , anyway it will even out i missed a winner 2 weeks a go cheers sc

Win2Win
21st February 2007, 00:22
The results are a true representation of the bets I place, so to do it any other way will distort the picture. If I start taking of lay points for bets I never placed, I may as well start adding random double figure points to the win bets for the EW bets that were placed and profitable that I never placed.

It is simple enough to keep a list of your own bets, and do some maths, we're not lazy Yanks :)

bigmazey
21st February 2007, 14:31
Your free information is excellent and i don't know why people are moaning . i keep my own stats and on your free bets i am up around £300 pounds. Free choice is a great thing. If i could afford to become a member i would but unfortunately this is not viable at present.

Thanks for your time and the free bets Keith.

you don't need to justify your justifications

Merlin
23rd February 2007, 04:54
Wots Keiths favoutie film?

Fiddler on the hoof :laugh

Win2Win
23rd February 2007, 13:25
Watch it boyo...I'm only a few miles North of you at the moment :bangb :D

Win2Win
23rd February 2007, 13:26
Just for information;
Yesterday Shardakhan placed at 9/1, given as an EW bet.......Listed in the results as a LOSER, even though it was a WINNING bet. No one has complained yet!! :doh