PDA

View Full Version : One For Ginge - Value

Vic
24th February 2007, 16:31
Before going any further I acknowledge an element of data mining here and as such cant actually recommend anyone following – but who knows :) , especially at exchange prices.

Using the last 10 full seasons on the NH
Rules in no particular order :
1. Void heavy going.
2. Hcap chase races only
3. Void sellers
4. max no of runners = 15
5. Age of horse 6,7 or 8.
6. No mares
7. No Novices
8. No blinkers or visor
9. Weight must be either bottom or equal bottom
10. No conditional or amateur jockies
11. Not ranked first in the forecast
12. If lost last race, must not have been within 1 length of winner
13. Must have run within the past 80 days

This has produced 9 profitable years from the 10, the loss year was 8 points and at exchange prices would definitely have been profitable.
10 year stats, 1953 qualifiers (so around 200 per season), 284 winners (14.5% strike), profit at SP a cool 771 points at an average win SP of 8.59/1 – my guess is getting on for 10/1 at exchange prices, and on that basis around 1170 points profit.

As I said, I cant recommend anyone to this – I do know that the first half of the current season netted around 20 points profit at SP, average win price over 12/1 SP.

If you fancy giving it a go - very best of luck Cheers Vic

Win2Win
24th February 2007, 17:28
I hate low SR systems, even though they have the highest ROI%. Luckily I just blend them in with the other few hundred odd systems I run. I only check on them every 3 months, and even that is short for the SR.

Vic
24th February 2007, 17:38
I hate low SR systems

Me too to be honest - ok for running in the background, but no good for bank building :)

Mavrick
24th February 2007, 22:24
I am the same now adays. When I'm old and grey and have a betting bank of a £million+, then I will re adopt them and only bet once a month or so.

Vic
15th June 2007, 08:36
When I put this system up on here I also put it on another site - the guys on the other site have run it and are quite happy, so far 43 selections, 11 winners and up 42.83 points at SP :D

gingertipster
25th June 2007, 22:30
You got a good one there vic.
That's a system I can really see working. Most of it is based purely on logic.

But if I understand right a horse can be backed if it won a race last time or finished second but only if it was beaten more than a length?

Or should No. 12 read only if finished within a length?

Will go through it thoroughly when I have more time Vic.

Ginge

Win2Win
26th June 2007, 09:39
MUST NOT HAVE BEEN means what in English?

bigcumba
26th June 2007, 09:58
MUST NOT HAVE BEEN means what in English?

I think you've taken that out of context there Keith... it could read something like " Ginger MUST NOT HAVE BEEN reading the system rules properly".

Vic
6th July 2007, 11:17
Can have won last time out, but if it lost it must have done so by at least one length.

The theory is that if it won, it will be good enough to do so again - if it lost within a length, then it was trying and not good enough, and probably either already has too much weight, and by now could be carrying more. And probably more to the point the stats show that if it were within a length it's not profitable to back them :D