PDA

View Full Version : When to ditch a system?

byepeeps
24th February 2007, 22:59
I've been following the free backing system Keith sent out in January and it's not doing well. Strike rate is currently 21.8% after 54 selections and am on a losing run of 7 in a row. I'm using 3% of my betting bank for each day's bets and am down around 32%.

Obviously I haven't been following it long but since starting I haven't got back to the original level of my starting bank. When do i drop a system?

Mavrick
24th February 2007, 23:12
Far too early to ditch it yet I would of thought.

marky72
24th February 2007, 23:19
ive been doing the lay,em system since beggining of december starting with £300 bank i went to £90 down at one point ive got it back to £40 down now there was a winner today if that hadnt won i would only be £5 down so i think you have to keep plugging away

presto
24th February 2007, 23:20
i would say - follow it untill it busts the bank (atleast), then maybe give it another go (possibly at a lower % stake). - you should always start systems with a sum you are willing to lose.
not sure what the system is, but i am sure that keith has checked it out thoroughly. all systems have bad patches and as you say you havn't been doing it very long.
for an example heres one of the members systems, since january 07 - it's been in the red for most of the time, and only came into profit after 112 bets, but is now doing well:

STARTING BANK £1,000
PROFIT £370
CURRENT BANK £1,370
SELECTIONS 144
WINS 65
LOSSES 79
STRIKE RATE 45%
ROI 9%
LIABILITY £3,972
ADV ODDS 3.24
% INCREASE 37.0%

byepeeps
25th February 2007, 01:23
Thanks I'll see how it goes. By the way the flat lay em I've been running concurrently has been doing really well. A strike rate of over 90% (or 9% winners, whichever way you like to look at it). Betting bank up 23%.

marky72
25th February 2007, 02:19
you must have either just started it or you,ve been doing it for ages but febuary has been a good month but i started on 5/12/06 but the other 3 systems are all flying for me thanx to keith

Win2Win
25th February 2007, 02:19
I wish you'd stop analysing me in such detail Presto...I feel naked :ooo

You should be using the System Manager software (free on the main page), as it has the Bank Barrier that prevents you losing all the dosh.

If I have a system that fails over 6 months, I'll look for the reason why. If I do not find one, I may switch to paper trading, or I may just keep going for a further 6 months. All depends on potential ROI%, SR, etc

byepeeps
25th February 2007, 14:28
Cheers, Keith I'll try to switch over to the System Manager. I've got all the results so I should be able to do that.

Marky what 3 other systems are you using?

marky72
26th February 2007, 00:38
running for proffit,jumping for profit,the nhpm:wiggle: