PDA

View Full Version : Idea!!!

Win2Win
3rd June 2007, 09:14
How about a Year End prize for the one with the most points? Publish monthly running totals once a month.....give the folk a carrot for the year :thumbs

I'll supply the prize....something a bit more value than a beer.

buddhabee
3rd June 2007, 12:41
I'm not gonna lose my driving licence through gaining points all for a carrot, matey.

mathare
3rd June 2007, 12:47
The only problem with this is what do we do about people who join in part way through the year?

TooTall
3rd June 2007, 12:58
Yes like that idea. What about people joining late they can still win the monthly prize.

scaaty
3rd June 2007, 13:19
Excellent idea - a prize that'll go to the genuine consistent tipsters on the forum rather than the lucky guessers like me ! :D

sparkyminer
3rd June 2007, 14:20
Excellent idea - a prize that'll go to the genuine consistent tipsters on the forum rather than the lucky guessers like me ! :D

Yes, but your lucky guesses appear to be very consistent.:D

sparkyminer
3rd June 2007, 14:21
The only problem with this is what do we do about people who join in part way through the year?

Same as what we do with those that join in part way through the month.:)

mathare
3rd June 2007, 14:24
Same as what we do with those that join in part way through the month.:)Treat them like social lepers? :doh

sparkyminer
3rd June 2007, 14:25
Treat them like social lepers? :doh

They'd be level with Vegy anyhow.:wink :spinning

bigcumba
3rd June 2007, 14:25
Treat them like social lepers? :doh

I thought we just gave them a sound spanking?

piggy
3rd June 2007, 14:26
could be a bit difficult the rules might need tweaking a bit, i.e. if somebody starts 3 months in do they start at -90 or just counted in every day [wether they post or not] from their first day of posting? or forget the the 1pt stake and just count winners? discuss:D

bigcumba
3rd June 2007, 14:33
How about doing an average rather than a total, so that those who join mid way through can at least have a chance - but stipulate that they must be in for a minimum period for their average to count - say at least 4 months ?

sparkyminer
3rd June 2007, 14:38
just counted in every day [wether they post or not] from their first day of posting?

That would be my way of doing it. Just count the number of winnings. Start counting from the day they start.:doh

I think.:)

Win2Win
3rd June 2007, 17:51
:ermmm Why do folk make things so difficult;

Rules.
Point are carried forward from the end of each month from Jan 1st to Dec 31st. Most points at end of the year is the winner. :thumbs

That's it...simple.

If folk start late, they still have a chance of winning....the prize is a BONUS for those who do it every month of the year, and give two fights for prizes in December.

piggy
3rd June 2007, 18:03
can' t do it retrospectivly i only keep the scores of people in profit , the best i can do is from may 1st unless you let people keep their scores and everyone else starts at zero on that day.

Win2Win
3rd June 2007, 20:26
Maybe Mat can do you a spreadsheet to make it easier....:D

Micky T
4th June 2007, 12:35
Are you starting a new section for these?

May start posting my lay selections again if lays are allowed

Win2Win
4th June 2007, 12:36
:doh

piggy
4th June 2007, 14:57
if this is acceptable to everyone this year would work like this
1st june is day zero and the annual competition will be run excactly the same as the monthly one, so anyone starting later than june 1st would start on a negative score.
all points profit before june 1st will be credited to the players concerned so their good work so far will give them an advantage but everyone would have a chance at least.
i know this is not perfect but anything else would tax my poor little brain to much :D
i'm willing to run this if everyone agrees it is fair and not just for the massive amount of rep i'm bound to recieve :thumbs now that's rep whoreing :laugh

Win2Win
4th June 2007, 15:41
How you got an award I'll never know......:ermmm :D