PDA

View Full Version : naps information needed for trial system

tommy tipster
18th June 2007, 22:36
lads,i was wondering could somebody help me.I am looking into something that involves following certain tipsters naps.
Although it is easy enough to find all the daily selections,are there any sites that show results going back over a period of time?
Or are there results i can find which would show me the best 'nappers' in the last few years.
Also,do the naps tables run from jan-dec.
I am a little unsure,could somebody please help me out.
I'm 4 k in the red,and have hope with this plan!:headbange

mathare
18th June 2007, 22:43
Although it is easy enough to find all the daily selections,are there any sites that show results going back over a period of time?I'm pretty sure the answer is no. Who has tipped what is recorded when the cards are published and ditched when the cards are taken down as it is no longer relevant.

Or are there results i can find which would show me the best 'nappers' in the last few years.Try the Racing Post, I think they have a tipster competition so may have archives of it. Maybe.

Also,do the naps tables run from jan-dec.As far as I know they do.

I'm 4 k in the red,and have hope with this plan!:headbangeI'm also pretty sure that this isn't the route out of debt for you. You're looking for the best nappers - as are 90%+ of the punting public so all the prices on the napped horses are artifically low because the mug punters have plunged on the naps. It's a losing proposition I'd say. You won't make money following the crowd.

paul183195
18th June 2007, 22:48
instead of looking at naps tom find a proven system on here i.e. w2w main page & follow it but most of all be patient you wont pull 4k back overnight :wink

tommy tipster
18th June 2007, 23:09
Cheers lads,your very helpful.
Just to let you know,not 4k in the red from gambling,i'm actually sensible enough that way!

Lithium
19th June 2007, 12:50
I started looking at the possibilities of something similar in early 2006 (Jan/Feb) and I note only one of the tipsters at the top of the table then is also in the top ten now - Robin Goodfellow of the Daily Mail. TT; If you are able to find an angle using newspaper tipsters then all well and good but the likelihood is that it's almost certain that these will be overbet and very short and profits if any, will be marginal.

Vic
19th June 2007, 20:32
Goodfellow from back then is not the Goodfellow of now - the results might be good but it's not the same man doing the selections, just like pricewise of yesteryear isn't pricewise of today.

I'd follow Pauls advice - have a good look at the systems results on this site, decide which one(s) to follow and stick at it. You MUST however get your staking plan sorted and stick to that as well - you will at some point lose at least half your bank, but just check back on the history and you'll see that despite half bank or more losses the future is bright :)

tommy tipster
22nd June 2007, 13:23
Could anybody enlighten me as to who the colossus ( karl hedley ) is?
He picked up a 33/1 winner yesterday,but i don't have a clue who he is!
Also,if anybody would know what the odds were on Betfair,i would truly appreciate it.
Been doing some research into naps this past week!

Merlin
22nd June 2007, 13:57
Also,if anybody would know what the odds were on Betfair,i would truly appreciate it.

Racing Post's 2007 Search For A Tipster WINNER

Merlin
22nd June 2007, 13:58
Karl is from Belfast

buddhabee
23rd June 2007, 15:22
He picked up a 33/1 winner yesterday

I would think most of us have had at least one 33/1 winner in our betting careers. It doesn't mean that he's a top tipper.

MattR
23rd June 2007, 15:33

Don't know what the odds were but you'd have been matched at over 50 almost for certain at some stage and probably higher.

Buddhaabee is right though and also any system that doesn't use just favourites will periodically throw up winners like that.

DavidDR
9th October 2007, 03:02
lads,i was wondering could somebody help me.I am looking into something that involves following certain tipsters naps.
Although it is easy enough to find all the daily selections,are there any sites that show results going back over a period of time?
Or are there results i can find which would show me the best 'nappers' in the last few years.

Hi mate,

you could try www.dailynaps.co.uk (http://www.dailynaps.co.uk)
which shows a racecard of all the papers naps. They've started archiving the
naps as well, but have only been doing it since September so I don't think you'd be able to back-test too far. But it might help?

DavidDR
9th October 2007, 16:53

I'm guessing the last post got "binned" coz of the link! :yikes:

sorry mods! :splapme

Try Dailynaps mate......racecard of all naps plus archive for back-testing

TheOldhamWhisper
9th October 2007, 17:45
I'm guessing the last post got "binned" coz of the link! :yikes:

sorry mods! :splapme

Try Dailynaps mate......racecard of all naps plus archive for back-testing

No - it just didn't appear because it was still in the moderated posts queue. Things posted at 3am GMT tend to take a little longer to process based on the fact that one or two of the mods have sleep and work to attend to as well as the every waking need of the members :laugh:wiggle:

profit-maker
21st October 2009, 10:34
Hi mate,

you could try www.dailynaps.co.uk (http://www.dailynaps.co.uk)
which shows a racecard of all the papers naps.

Does anyone know of an equivalent of this site for Irish racing? Been googling but no joy :ermmm

bigcumba
21st October 2009, 18:18
Been googling but no joy :ermmm

Have you tried Vaseline? :wink