PDA

View Full Version : Difference between System Banker and Odds On software

alright
1st July 2007, 00:24
As in the subject. They look the same to me.:splapme Can anyone clarify please? Thanks

presto
1st July 2007, 01:17
different staking,
different selections.

Healio
1st July 2007, 05:55

Win2Win
1st July 2007, 09:05
No difference, just a bad run and your questioning the method!!!!

:doh What bad run!!! You don't seem to understand how it works do you? :ermmm And have you read the information? It actually states you can lose your bank, as with any system/method. I lose plenty a year on level, 3%, ratchet, etc. Never a zero risk, and your so called 'bad runs' have more than enough statistical redundancy programmed in to give the 99.99% chance of bank breakage.

Some of my systems have a 60% chance of breaking the bank, but I still do them, and can have losing runs up to 90!!! It does not mean that the risk outweighs the potential for profit.

And as with all betting, if you take out the initial bank when it first doubles, you can never lose anything.

Plus the fact unlike silly eBay systems that say back Daily Mail tips, or random Favs, the selections are controlled by me for specific SR's, and average odds.

alright
1st July 2007, 09:44
Some of my systems have a 60% chance of breaking the bank, but I still do them, and can have losing runs up to 90!!! It does not mean that the risk outweighs the potential for profit.
After reading this statement, a question comes to my mind: how and when do we decide if a system is not profitable anymore? In time, as we all know, the market can change and turn a valid system into a useless one. What would the breaking point be? Again, sorry for my naive questions.:)

Win2Win
1st July 2007, 10:02
After reading this statement, a question comes to my mind: how and when do we decide if a system is not profitable anymore?

I use Bank Barriers so never lose the full bank, but if a profitable system loses in a year, when it has been profitable for many years beforehand, I look for the reason as to why it fails. If one stands out and it is a changing trend, then the system is adjusted.

If a reason can not be found, I put the system on the back burner for another 12 months to see what happens, that is paper trading.

If it shows a loss again, it then goes in the Bin. This is not the end of it, as I then check it every 12 months to see if it has changed. Eventually it is binned for ever :)

Healio
1st July 2007, 11:55
Sorry man, dont know what i was up to this morning.