PDA

View Full Version : AndyP's Profitable Predictions

andyp
8th August 2007, 17:09
Hi guys and gals, i have been a member on here for a couple of years now and whilst i openly admit i am as bad as VEGY at picking a winning horse, i am reasonably clued up on football!! I like to think that through out a football season, i can make a reasonable profit.

I will have a starting bank of £1000 and will make selections from any league through europe, and maybe some internationals too.

I tend to wait until the 5th or 6th game of the season before i place any bets to let the teams settle into their true form, but i may just have a bet for you this saturday, so keep your eyes on this thread on friday when i update it.

Anyone who follows these bets, please dont risk all your hard earned cash on em! :D Oh, and good luck

Jonny2621
8th August 2007, 17:25
Good luck Andy :thumbs

peza2605
8th August 2007, 17:40
prove it by having a go at my new football comps........starting soon:wink

Win2Win
8th August 2007, 17:50
Hi guys and gals, i have been a member on here for a couple of years now and whilst i openly admit i am as bad as VEGY at picking a winning horse

Even OFF wouldn't disagree with that :laugh

andyp
10th August 2007, 12:14
As mentioned above, i usually wait a few weeks before betting on football, but i feel we have a reasonable bet here.

Thanks to Virgin Media, i now get setanta sports channels for free, meaning i can catch up on more premier league games, portuguese, italian and french games, as well as games in Scotland...which leads us to our first bet....

On monday i watched the Edinburgh derby between Hearts and Hibs, it was a typical frantic and enjoyable derby which provided plenty of end to end action. What impressed me the most was Hibs display, they did not let their opponents any time on the ball what so ever, their passing was sharp and crisp and as well as being organised, they looked good going forward. They have ex chelsea goalkeeper Ma-kalamby who looked to have good handling (although he does like to roam around his area), Jones at the back looked a man-mountain and good on the deck, whilst the creative skills of Zemmama stood out, the entertainment and flair of Benji will be a threat to any team.

Dont expect Gretna to get battered here like they did against Falkirk, they will do their upmost to prevent another hammering and will tighten things up at the back. So expect a 1 or 2 goal win for the home side.

BET £50 = HIBERNIAN to WIN V Gretna @ 4/9 (Ladbrokes) :wiggle: WIN 4-2 :wiggle:

mathare
10th August 2007, 12:17
Jones at the back looked a man-mountain and good on the deckA great player. Wish we still had him but I'm pleased he has done well for himself up there

andyp
19th September 2007, 23:48
We had our first win a few weeks ago with hibs beating gretna 4-2, hope some of you got on it!

Ok now the season is settling down and the players are playing to their full potential, i am going to start betting more frequently. We have just got the internationals out of the way, so here goes with the league football.

Our first bet is a double containing 2 teams that have competed in the champs league. Normally i dont bet on teams who have had such hard games, but these 2 teams have such strength in depth and play great football. So, the first bet is:

BET £60 = ARSENAL + LIVERPOOL WIN DOUBLE @ 2/9 + 1/6 (william hill) win 5-0 :wiggle: + Drew 0-0 ;fire = losing bet

Our second bet is from the scotish 1st division where Hamilton host Livingston. Hamilton are romping away and are in good form showing some great results and are just to good to resist against lowly Livingston...however, dont underestimate the away side. Their league position doesnt do them justice, they will be a tough, resilliant side and are hard to get a result against. But i feel the home side will be just too strong:

BET £30 = HAMILTON TO WIN V Livingston @ 8/13 (william hill) draw 1-1;fire

Merlin
19th September 2007, 23:56
Good Luck, Andy...and nice first win ....

glynners
21st September 2007, 09:09
Good luck mate :thumbs

I promise not to bet on these though, we know what happened last time I followed your tips :laugh

andyp
24th September 2007, 22:18
I will comment on the losing bets tomorrow. :(

But onwards and upwards...Tuesdays bet comes from the lowly non-league. This division isn't exactly full of talent, and the top teams seem to be taken it in their stride. Torquay are one of these clubs, they are unbeaten at home and have scored 10 goals in their last 2 games. Their ability to score goals in this division as well as being too good for most of the other teams makes thes my stand out bet for tuesday, as they face a lowly weymouth side.

BET £50 = TORQUAY to WIN V Weymouth @4/9 (Ladbrokes) win 3-2:wiggle:

andyp
25th September 2007, 23:06
We had our first win a few weeks ago with hibs beating gretna 4-2, hope some of you got on it!

Ok now the season is settling down and the players are playing to their full potential, i am going to start betting more frequently. We have just got the internationals out of the way, so here goes with the league football.

Our first bet is a double containing 2 teams that have competed in the champs league. Normally i dont bet on teams who have had such hard games, but these 2 teams have such strength in depth and play great football. So, the first bet is:

BET £60 = ARSENAL + LIVERPOOL WIN DOUBLE @ 2/9 + 1/6 (william hill)

Our second bet is from the scotish 1st division where Hamilton host Livingston. Hamilton are romping away and are in good form showing some great results and are just to good to resist against lowly Livingston...however, dont underestimate the away side. Their league position doesnt do them justice, they will be a tough, resilliant side and are hard to get a result against. But i feel the home side will be just too strong:

BET £30 = HAMILTON TO WIN V Livingston @ 8/13 (william hill)

:splapme Arsenal held up to their end of the deal...however, Liverpool decide to drop the awesome Torres and fail to score against birmingham, which lose us £60. Then Hamilton batter the resilliant Livingston, but an apparent amazing display fom the Livi keeper earns them a draw and loses us another £30. ;fire

andyp
25th September 2007, 23:08
I will comment on the losing bets tomorrow. :(

But onwards and upwards...Tuesdays bet comes from the lowly non-league. This division isn't exactly full of talent, and the top teams seem to be taken it in their stride. Torquay are one of these clubs, they are unbeaten at home and have scored 10 goals in their last 2 games. Their ability to score goals in this division as well as being too good for most of the other teams makes thes my stand out bet for tuesday, as they face a lowly weymouth side.

BET £50 = TORQUAY to WIN V Weymouth @4/9 (Ladbrokes) win 3-2 :wiggle:

The high scoring/flying Torquay leave it quite late to get our winning bets back on the go as they triumph 3-2. And win us £22.22:wiggle:

Merlin
25th September 2007, 23:14
Well done with the win.....got you back in the winning groove...only just though....:laugh

andyp
29th September 2007, 03:08
Well done with the win.....got you back in the winning groove...only just though....:laugh

:laugh thanks mate

andyp
29th September 2007, 03:19
Lets hope we can get a winning streak together with these bets.

Todays bets are as follows:

Hartlepool will be there and there abouts come the end of the season, so therfore we can take advantage of their next fixture against bottom club walsall. The visitors have 4 or so playes missing in action for this fixture, whilst hartlepool have 3 players coming back from their impressive win over Vegys Orient.

BET £30 = HARTLEPOOL to WIN V Walsall @ 4/6 (William Hill)

Our next bet will be for a team, who came up with the goods the other night (all be it they did it late) and that team is the high scoring Torquay. They play hosts to bottom of the league Droylsden, i used to play football with one of the visitors players and to be honest, i expect Torquay to steam roll them.

BET £70 = TORQUAY to WIN V Droylsden @ 2/7 (William Hill)

monty
29th September 2007, 09:07
Good Luck Mate...:thumbs

Mug OUFC
29th September 2007, 09:12
Good luck....if torquay dont win today its time for us all to pack it in i think

andyp
30th September 2007, 00:16
Good luck....if torquay dont win today its time for us all to pack it in i think

:ooo was sooooo close to packing it in!!!!:D

Merlin
30th September 2007, 00:40
Torquay again……nearly done you…haven’t looked at the fixtures but must be worth opposing away next time…..

vegyjones
30th September 2007, 00:48
Hartleppol... beat [ table topping :D ] Leyton Orient AWAY one week... then lose to bottom of the table Walsall at HOME the next! :doh

andyp
30th September 2007, 00:54
Torquay again……nearly done you…haven’t looked at the fixtures but must be worth opposing away next time…..

Torquay are either one lucky side, or one very fit side?....they always score in the last 10 mins, which tells me their energy and concentration levels are far superior to their opponents. It just aint good fo my nerves

Mug OUFC
30th September 2007, 10:29
Mirror image of oxfords start to the season last year. In fact they have many of our old players and coaches from last year. It was put down to fitness, but i think it is experienced players. For us, it lasted till the fa cup 2nd round, which we lost, and then we didnt win a game for about 6 months as teams worked out how to play against us and our experienced players ran out of legs.

andyp
10th November 2007, 01:17
I have 3 predictions for this weekends football....

We start at vicarage road where Watford take on Colchester. Watford are flyig high at the minute and lead their league by 12 points. They are still a strong, physical, direct team who gets results. I fancy them to be too strong for the visiting team who find it difficult to win on the road!

BET £100 = WATFORD to WIN Vs Colchester @ 1/2 (Coral)

BET NO.2....

Although Spurs are still struggling to field a quality back 4, i still fancy them to take maximum points of the visitig wigan side. Tottenham now have a new quality manager, and have the flair to unlock any defence! I fancy a few goals in this game but with the result goin to the home team.

BET £100 = TOTENHAM to WIN Vs Wigan @ 1/2 (Coral)

BET NO.3...

I fancy Dundee to be victorious against bottom side Clyde on sunday. Whilst Dundee are unbeaten in 3 games, clyde are yet to win in 3! Dundee have beat clyde once already this season away from home, now i fancy them to do it again on their own turf. Clydes preparation may not be what it should, due to their manager not being available this week due to a family illness.

BET £100 = DUNDEE to WIN Vs Clyde @1/2 (coral)

good luck :thumbs