PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Serbia

MaxySerb
14th August 2007, 00:25
Hi, my name is Marko, I'm here by Merlin's recommendation.
Like i said, I'm from Serbia - Belgrade. I am a student so I'm taking betting very serious because I have no other ways to earn money (At least not an any easy way :wink).
I'm supporter of Red Star Belgrade and I'm absolutely enjoying football in every way.
I'll try to help with some domestic and international picks and with some various info's whenever Serbian representation or Serbian teams are playing.

I like this site more than any other site so I'm here to stay.

Cheers and good luck to all of us!

Merlin
14th August 2007, 00:29
Nice one Maxy...sure your input will be appreciated mate.....

scoobydoo
14th August 2007, 00:38
Hi Maxy, :Helooo

Welcome to the forum....reading on Merlins thread you sound as if you know your onions (sorry dont know the serbian for that! :D)

Good luck to you....look forward to your posts. :thumbs

MaxySerb
14th August 2007, 00:42
Thanks for the warm welcome.

P.S.

"You know your onions" on serbian is: Ti(you) znas (know) tvoj (your) lukac (onions). :)

scoobydoo
14th August 2007, 00:47

P.S.

"You know your onions" on serbian is: Ti(you) znas (know) tvoj (your) lukac (onions). :)

Hey...thanks for that Maxy...my first Serbian words! :) Although when I am saying it...it may sound anything but! :doh

Merlin
14th August 2007, 00:52

P.S.

Imati te dobiven jedan ljubazan nogomet guy umjesto sutrašnji dan?

MaxySerb
14th August 2007, 01:14
Hm...Merlin...whole sentence is a bit without sense... :)
I understand first part until "nogomet guy", rest of it doesn't have anything to do with the first part. :)
But, it's a nice try, on Croatian though, but it is quite the same language, we understand each other perfectly. With Slovenian and Macedonian it's a bit harder...

@to Scoobydoo

It is pronouncing something like this: Ty zneish twouy lukats. :thumbs

scoobydoo
14th August 2007, 01:16
I tried to find Serbian translation...I got this back Merl.....

Have you assigned a affable football guy instead tomorrow?

Merlin
14th August 2007, 01:22
I tried to find Serbian translation...I got this back Merl.....

Have you assigned a affable football guy instead tomorrow?

:yikes:…..I used (of course) one of the online supposedly Serbian translators…

It was supposed to be:

Have you got a winning football bet for tomorrow…

MaxySerb
14th August 2007, 01:22
I'll try... :)

Oi Merlin, tudo bem?
Muito prazer! Obrigado por tudo!
Onde vocę mora?

sparkyminer
14th August 2007, 01:24
Hm...Merlin...whole sentence is a bit without sense... :)

Nothing new there then.:D:wink:thumbs

Merlin
14th August 2007, 01:25
Your welcome, mate…..Recife…

Merlin
14th August 2007, 01:25
Nothing new there then.:D:wink:thumbs

Oi….:laugh

MaxySerb
14th August 2007, 01:28
Scoobydoo, where are you from m8?

Merlin, I see that you are playing on Nautico quite often. It must be from some love or connection with that club?

MaxySerb
14th August 2007, 01:31
@Merlin

Recife? West coast, it must be very cool town...

Como se chama?

Merlin
14th August 2007, 01:39
Yes…Nautico are one of the 3 teams in the City where I live (Nautico – Esporte & Santa Cruz)…all 3 ground are within 2 to 3 miles from where I live…

However, Nautico is the team I support…My father-in-law used to be their goalkeeper..(in the days of Noah)…and through that connection the whole family have special privelages at the club…..regarding seats, tickets (if required, etc)……..

Nautico are the oldest club in Recife..and one of the oldest in Brazil…..it was elitist when it was established(as all Brazilian clubs were)..only white middle-class boys were allowed to play footy in them days……

The club still kind of has that elitist tag….but that’s because the masses , as it were, follow the other 2 clubs…..

MaxySerb
14th August 2007, 01:45
I understand...are they really bad as the table shows? Can you talk with some of the players and ask them something like: "What a hell guyz?"
I mean, in Brazil everybody can beat everybody, especially mid-table teams..

Merlin
14th August 2007, 01:52
That’s one of the problems with the unpredictability of Brazilian league..is teams beating each other……when on form and stats it shouldn’t happen…..

But its South America, and its volatile….emotions run high…..there are frequent management changes…….Its hard to get an handle on Brazilian league….but when you do get it right the rewards are high…coz the prices are usually wrong….

I have found its better to analyse many other things in Brazilian football..the mentality etc…for instance…Nautico would hate to lose against a team that Esporte has already beaten…..

MaxySerb
14th August 2007, 02:08
Nice...be sure to notify us when that's happen... :)

I'm going to bed now, it's 3:00 AM in Belgrade right now.
Good night everybody!
C U tomorrow with some new tips! :thumbs

peza2605
14th August 2007, 08:04
i would like to thank your country for vidic.

also i hope red star belgrade(as i call them) get through in the champions league. it would be nice if manchester united could play them in the 50th anniversary of munich.............if united get that far.

scoobydoo
14th August 2007, 08:33
Scoobydoo, where are you from m8?

Im from Lincolnshire in England mate....local club today is Lincoln City who play in the 2nd Division....got hammered 4-0 at home to Shrewsbury on opening day of the season! :)

paul183195
14th August 2007, 08:34
Scoobydoo, where are you?
:laugh

welcome maxyserb :thumbs

MattR
14th August 2007, 12:03
Maxy,

Where is Zvonimir Vukic playing now? We had him at Portsmouth a couple of years back and he looked like quite a good player but didn't really get a good run in the team and never quite settled to English football. We also have the croatian player Nico Kranjcar who I'm hoping will have a good season once he's over his injury.

MaxySerb
14th August 2007, 12:04
He, he... that was on purpose m8. :)

@to peza
Yes, Vidic is outstanding defender. We have another similar defender, Bane Ivanovic, captain of young representation, he should sign for Juve in next few days...

@to MattR
Zvone is in the Shakhtyor Donetsk again. Yes, Serbian players can't succeed in Portsmouth. Koroman was back in Red Star from Portsmouth last year...but they both accusing Redknapp for discrimination. Who will no is it true...I think that they are just furious, because, in my opinion, why the hell he signed them in? I think that they are quality players (but not too good) but they just didn't gel...

You see, when I'm looking Red Star, it is obvious that Koroman is some 2 classes better then the others...