PDA

View Full Version : Have a system- first post- couple of qu's

barrelmaniac
26th August 2007, 09:25
Hello there,

I have a current system running a small profit after intermittant betting over the last 2 months (plus another month of paper betting only), many of you would slate this system untill the cows come home but i can sustain upto 3 long loosing streaks (well over 16 loses each) before my gambling bank will be gone, also i am only betting small money and treating it as a learning process untill i know more about how to increase my strike rate which is currently running at about 19%. If I loose the money i loose the money its no big deal and i would start again with another small betting bank and put a new system in place (i have a few ideas)

Where do all you guys get your horse info from which makes you decide which is a good bet or not? Ive been using turftrax so far.

Also what does the best win mean? i shall give you an example G3 or C??? - thats got me baffled as i cant seem to get info on that anywhere.

sorry if i come across a bit of a divvy but as i said im new and trying to learn more and actually put a more long term viable system in place, but untill then i shall continue having fun doing it this way and learning as i go along.

mathare
26th August 2007, 10:22
Where do all you guys get your horse info from which makes you decide which is a good bet or not? Ive been using turftrax so far.I use the Racing Post, as do most people I would suggest. I reckon Turtrax would be third on any list at best, behind Sporting Life but I could be wrong on that front. The RP has long been considered the place to get the form though.

Also what does the best win mean? i shall give you an example G3 or C??? - thats got me baffled as i cant seem to get info on that anywhere.Is this a Turftrax thing because I have never heard of it. I would guess that it is the highest class of race that the horse has won in.

buddhabee
26th August 2007, 13:09
You sound rather nonchalent about losing your money. Why don't you paper trade the system over a longer period to give you more idea of it's ROI? ROI is more important than strike rate.

Also there are ways to compare the system with previous results going back years. Try that before you go throwing your money away. All the information you need is here somewhere.

Good luck. :)

barrelmaniac
27th August 2007, 12:31
yes, i suppose that i am rather nonchalent about loosing my betting bank, however its only a small amount of money and money that has been long forgotten about- i am super carefull with my money so the system that i have in place is the most cautious that i could come up with and all the calculations i have done are all pesamistic. From what i have read here the system will fail, but i have tweaked it and made it my own- im not going to say that i know exactly what im doing because i dont- all i know is that it looks good on paper- win or loose its good fun and i wouldnt even consider betting money that i cant afford to loose.

Unless i can find a page off odds when the odds are first calculated on racing day i will be unable to chase back and find out if the system will work through past months- i suppose i have a rather unique selection process but thats he most im going to say on that. I will continue to gain knowledge on increasing a possible strike rate, if possible i would want to have a number of systems running side by side to spread the risk, but first i would need to build up the betting bank