PDA

View Full Version : Hi all

thadon1503
27th August 2007, 22:44
Hi

I have finally managed to pull myself away from all of the useful information on here for a couple of minutes and write my first post!

I registered on win2win forums a couple of days ago, after becoming a win2win member, and I have to say, so far so good!

Basically I stumbled accross the site when searching for some information on a trading system (which I have now learned is just basically an interface, and an infearior one at that by the sounds of it), so needless to say I will be returning this interface for a refund. But after researching further into the alternatives; betangel, betIE... and reading around on this forum, I decided to look into some of the laying systems, and join as a member. I have now gone on to buy betIE, and have already had a go at the dutching utility over the past couple of days, more on that later.

Just to give you a bit more of a background, my history with betfair begain when I started matched betting (taking advantage of free-bet offers at bookies) and I made a quick 4 figure profit without too much pain and suffer.

I have always had the odd punt on sports, such as football and F1, lost some won some, but nothing big either way.

I did give 1 system a try on horses. Basically it was a loss-chasing system, backing the favourite in every race, and to the formula X+£20 profit from each race, X being the accumilation of previous lost stakes. The theory being that after enough races the favourite is going to come in, so you will always make a £20 profit. Needless to say I broke the bank within days, losing several hundred pounds, after which I labelled (as 90% of those uneducated in the horse betting world) that gambling is a mugs game, and I was glad the bad experience had put me off, and potentially saved me the thousands of £ losses that betting addicts all eventually seem to incur.

Hence my interest in trading, as I had seen the trends on horses before the race start, and it seemed like a way to almoast guarentee a return.

However, upon joining the win2win club, and taking in a lot of information on here, I have decided to give betting one more go. I have started Monthly Flat, NH Double Top, and Pro-Losers systems, and dutching with the BetIE, but using a variation, which I will go into more detail about later.

Certainly spreading your risk over a number of approaches seems to be the way to go, as my first day 3 systems were down and 1 was up, and the same today, however the system that was up was a different system.

So what about the trading? Well as far as I am aware, BetIE is not the best software for it, and BetAngel seems a bit pricey, considering I will not be at it full time (as I work 9-5). I also found it riskier than I imagined on the eTrends, the odds would often turn against me, and I was unable to make profits in the few days I tested it. And thirdly it is quite time consuming. Having said that, I do still plan on giving it ago, with the right software and once I have the time to really dedicate to getting the knack of it.

I am also very interested in the hedging function (I think!), the one whereby I will lay one of the runners at shortish odds that I expect to be behind in the race, then back at higher odds. However I will probably need some more advice on this from "Win2Win", as he seems to be the master at it.

Also due to my work, I would like to eventually set-up some bots to back/lay/dutch for me, but one step at a time.

I have plenty of questions, so no doubt I will catch some of you on the forums over the next few months.

I must say I have leart a ton of knowledge already, and I look forward to learning a lot more! Great job with the site, really have done well with it!

Cheers

Simon

Win2Win
28th August 2007, 09:04
:Helooo Hello

I must say I have leart a ton of knowledge already

Maybe I should charge £499 a month like some services :wink :yikes:

You need to read Easy Trader Pro (review http://www.win2win.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=50430 ), start trading the easy way, not the way you think you need to trade. This eBook shows you profitable methods that do work, not some waffling crap as many other eBooks do.

You can always use the free Betangel.

thadon1503
28th August 2007, 17:55
Hi win2win

Would you recommend the free Betangel over BetIE for trading?