PDA

View Full Version : Tool Bar Icons

susanwells
30th August 2007, 19:33
My tool bar icons - the ones that are for Refresh, Home etc. used to be, until yesterday, along the top of the desktop, horizontally. Now they have vanished, since booting up this morning. They are at the top, hidden and OI have to click on a double headed small black arrow which drops them down vertically. This is a pain as I need to have them up there visible. I have tried dragging - they won`t. I havent changed anything or installed anything and the toolbars are all checked - I looked under View. Any idea what has happened and how I can restore them ? I have looked everywhere, tried everything. ;fire

Sandman
30th August 2007, 22:02
Susan,

Go to your VIEW menu and select Toolbars. If "Lock Toolbars" is ticked, try to untick it and then drag your standard toolbar to where you want it.

If it is not ticked, try deselecting all your other toolbars except the Standard, and see where it goes then.

Once you have them where you want them, I suggest that you lock them again. It is a complete pain when this happens!!

susanwells
30th August 2007, 22:47
Thanks,Alas, it wasn`t Locked but I did all you said. No change. INFURIATING thing is that a minute ago I googled something I wanted, went to the site and the whole toolbar came back to normal. When I moved away.. bingo, it all disappeared again.
So I don`t know what I am / it is doing... it`s driving me nuts.
I also no longer have the drop down panel which shows the last sites you visited.. that`s vanished too. HEEEEELLLP ;fire

Win2Win
31st August 2007, 08:42
Do a SYSTEM RESTORE to before it went cuckoo.....you don't lose any data.

susanwells
31st August 2007, 09:07
How please ? I have XP :hearty xxx

Win2Win
31st August 2007, 09:45
Control Panel>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore

...and select the day before it went cuckoo.....

susanwells
31st August 2007, 11:49
there is no 'accessories.' under control panel

TheOldhamWhisper
31st August 2007, 11:51
Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore

susanwells
31st August 2007, 13:31
It tells me it can`t do it and has changed nothibg. I have tried doing it for 3 separate dates.
It only happens on Internet Explorer... Firefox is OK.,

any more suggestions please ? I`m stumped.:hearty

susanwells
31st August 2007, 14:18
Now in INTERNET EXPLORER (6) I have also lost FILE EDIT VIEW etc.. from the toolbar.. they are only visible if I click on a double chevron on the left and then in a drop-down box. The IE icons like Refresh etc are also still only visible if I click on a double chevron on the right and then they drop down .. but I want al these visible all the time AND the address bar... they are in Firefox. GRRRRR;fire

Win2Win
31st August 2007, 14:21
If I were you I'd download the free 'Google Pack' and install 'Spyware Doctor' and do a scan very quickly.

TheOldhamWhisper
31st August 2007, 15:28
Susan, first unlock your toolbars (right click on a blank space on the toolbar). Then look to see if there is a column of 'dots' - if there is, you should be able to hover over them til movement arrows appear (<-->). This should allow you to resize the toolbar to your liking. You can lock the toolbar again after doing this.

susanwells
31st August 2007, 16:47
If I were you I'd download the free 'Google Pack' and install 'Spyware Doctor' and do a scan very quickly.

Been there, then, got the T shirt... it found a few low grade things and fixed them but I can`t see my icons still I`m afraid,:hearty

susanwells
31st August 2007, 16:51
Oldham, I want to have your babies.:yikes:...you are the most WONDERFUL PERSON IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE. It worked, it worked, it worked. :spinning:spinning:spinning:spinning:spinning:spinning:spinning:spinning:spinning:
:happyboun:happyboun:happyboun:happyboun:happyboun:happyboun:happyboun:happyboun:happybounspinning:happyboun:happyboun:happyboun

Mavrick
31st August 2007, 16:54
Now in INTERNET EXPLORER (6) I have also lost FILE EDIT VIEW etc.. from the toolbar..

Do you also have IE 7? If not maybe try downloading and using that.

TheOldhamWhisper
31st August 2007, 16:57
Oldham, I want to have your babies.:yikes:...you are the most WONDERFUL PERSON IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE.

Aw...tweren't nothin' :hearty

Win2Win
31st August 2007, 17:32
I think we should have laws against little old ladies using computers...

:peeky :Bolt: