PDA

View Full Version : Merlin Footy Bets (September)

Pages : [1] 2 3

Merlin
1st September 2007, 02:44
NEW THREAD SEPTEMBER 1ST :yikes:

SATURDAY BETS

Liverpool v Derby
Liverpool half-time and full-time @ 1.61
6 POINTS

Swansea v Doncaster
HOME WIN @ 2.04
8 POINTS

monty
1st September 2007, 08:57
I'll take you up on those two Merlin and I'll also add Ayr Utd to make up the treble.

Good Luck

Merlin
1st September 2007, 13:56
You fishing today - I presume...:yikes:.....

monty
1st September 2007, 21:15
You fishing today - I presume...:yikes:.....

Yes! I was away fishing today and it was really crap, I should have stayed at home.

Merlin
1st September 2007, 22:49
Didnt get anything biting then , mate.......:yikes:…….Never mind, bet the whisky was good…..:laugh

Well, Swansea let me down….were 1-0 up and looking good….had a player sent of midway second half…which ended the story as Doncaster scored 2 after that….

I seem to pick an awful lot of games that end up with 10 men…:laugh

Liverpool are AWESOME………hope they win the league…and stick it up man u and Chelski….

SATURDAY NIGHT BET
…………………………..

I was going to bet Sao Paulo but have been out…and missed the kick-off…

Its Major League Soccer

New York Red Bulls v Chicago Fire

I fancy the home team….so its 6 Points at 1.95 with Centrebet….

However, 2 side bets @ reverse result half-time full time……The odds for this seem high..and it does happen…not often…but it doesn’t need to happen too much to make a profit….

So its…

New York Red Bulls / Chicago Fire @ 40/1
Chicago Fire / New York Red Bulls @ 28/1
½ Point on each

All in all a 7 POINT BET…

Good luck if you play…

Merlin
2nd September 2007, 04:22
NEW YORK WON 1-0

SUNDAY BETS
Arsenal got to be the Sunday banker – I am tempted to go for better odds and take them half-time full-time…but sometimes they are notoriously slow starters……and it may not come off….so will just stick a point on that…with the rest on a straight win…

Arsenal V Portsmouth
HOME @ 1.56
8 POINTS

ARSENAL HALF TIME & FULL TIME @ 2.56
1 POINT
…………………………………………………………………………

The other 2 Premiership games could be candidates for the reverse half time full time….so will play 0.25 of a point on each result…1 Point staked…

Blackburn/M City @ 44.00
Man City/Blackburn @ 32.00

A Villa/Chelsea @ 30.00
Chelsea/A Villa @ 65.00

……………………………..

10 Points staked in total…

Merlin
2nd September 2007, 04:36
Stats
September + 0.36 Points

August - 9.48 Points
(*24)

Mug OUFC
2nd September 2007, 09:03
Hey merl

swansea dont seem as reliable without trundle huh :headbange

Merlin
2nd September 2007, 10:36
Hey merl

swansea dont seem as reliable without trundle huh :headbange

Yeah - his golas were important.......dont like the manager either....they should have picked someone else...there were others after the job..who may have done better....

Merlin
2nd September 2007, 17:14
Well done to the Gunners....:laugh...

Just quickly before I go out…in case I dont get back in time….Will be betting NAUTICO later…their home….probably go to the game…

NAUTICO V INTERNATIONAL…kick 0ff 10.10pm UK time
HOME WIN @ 2.75

3 Points

Merlin
2nd September 2007, 23:21
Friggin hell...just got in to see that Náutico are down to 10 men ...AGAIN...for the whole (almost) of the 2nd half........and losing 0-1......

Merlin
3rd September 2007, 00:54
Nautico ended 1-1...

They had 10 men for almost na hour........and went 0-1 down….

I didn’t go to the game…but my daughter did…and she just came back and said they played very well today….best for a while….trying very hard….running, running..running…discipline is a problem…but perhaps they may make a great escape from the drop zone…:yikes:

Merlin
3rd September 2007, 10:00
MONDAY

DROGHEDA V UCD
HOME @ 1.53
8 POINTS
…………………………

Add the follwing for a 1 Point Treble

Blackpool v Hull
HOME @ 2.25

Motherwell v Hearts
AWAY @ 2.75

monty
3rd September 2007, 11:31
MONDAY

DROGHEDA V UCD
HOME @ 1.53
8 POINTS
…………………………

Blackpool v Hull
HOME @ 2.25

Motherwell v Hearts
AWAY @ 2.75

Hi Merlin

Here is my thoughts on your picks...:yikes:

Drogheda Utd v's UCD .... The Home win is a definate Monty Bet....:D Can't see anything other than a drogheda win. I had forgot about this game, so thank's M for the reminder....:thumbs

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blackpool v's Hull.... I've got this match down as a score draw....:rolleyes: but you know how much I like home wins, so I'll probably go with you on this one.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Motherwell v's Hearts ... This is a very tricky match to pick. Motherwell signed a couple of decent players just before the transfer deadline, while Hearts are a nice price, but they have too many players missing....:yikes: so it's a No-Bet for me...:ermmm

Merlin
3rd September 2007, 12:01
Monty Bet....woo hoo....

M...one of the the reasosn I have gone for Hearts away….is that Motherwell , according to the stats I found…have not won a head-to-head….its 5 to Hearts and 1 draw….

Besides this….you of course have noticed that they are in a 1 Point teble….so its not as if I am staking a relative high stake on them…

monty
3rd September 2007, 12:10
:rolleyes: M ...I noticed that they were part of a treble, of course i did, didn't, did, didn't .....ok I didn't... :blac4

Merlin
3rd September 2007, 22:08
MONDAY

DROGHEDA V UCD
HOME @ 1.53
8 POINTS
…………………………

Blackpool v Hull
HOME @ 2.25

Motherwell v Hearts
AWAY @ 2.75

:yikes:Through early morning fog I see
visions of the things to be
the pains that are withheld for me
I realize and I can see...
'Cause suicide is painless
it brings on many changes
and I can take or leave it if I please.:yikes:

Skittle
4th September 2007, 01:33
I see Merlin has now taken to singing for his supper.:laugh :helper

Mug OUFC
4th September 2007, 08:49
Is that the Mandel and Altman original or the manic street preachers cover merlin? gosh

Merlin
4th September 2007, 10:49
:laugh

TUESDAY
…………..

Nottm Forest v Peterborough
HOME @ 1.83
8 POINTS

Cambridge Utd v Grays Athletic
OVER 2.50 Goals @ 1.94

NO SINGLE but DOUBLE with the above = 2 POINT DOUBLE

Merlin
4th September 2007, 10:50
Stats
September -11.64 Points

August - 9.48 Points
(*24)

monty
4th September 2007, 14:21
Stats
September -11.64 Points

August - 9.48 Points
(*24)

:dung ...Your stats much the same as my own recently. I just can't get a run going at the moment. But we'll take it on the chin :punch1 and come back fighting... :punch2

Skittle
4th September 2007, 14:27
Will be surprised if we don't see a mention for your lot tonight. At 1.75 ish, it could be worth a shout, but I'll wait for words from the main man in that area.

monty
4th September 2007, 14:34
Will be surprised if we don't see a mention for your lot tonight. At 1.83 ish, it could be worth a shout, but I'll wait for words from the main man in that area.

Well Skittle

I can tell you that I'm going to be on Ayr Utd tonight as Forfar have a player out injured and another two first team regulars suspended after a double sending off at the weekend, while Ayr welcome back their main stiker Andy Mclaren. Don't get me wrong Forfar Athletic could play well but I like the price Ayr are tonight. If this bet comes in I'll be happy because I'm starting to hate September just as much as I hate UCD. On the other hand if this one is a loser I'm taking 3-4 days off....:D

I'm taking Ayr Utd to win 1.75 @ Sportingbet

Merlin
4th September 2007, 14:41
Yep - its a struggle ...M...

May bet Sata Cruz at home tonight to Fortaleza....the odds are a bit skinny at 4/7...but the half-time full time..is 7/4....may take that...

Merlin
4th September 2007, 20:50
TUESDAY EVENING @ 1.45am UK TIME

Santa Cruz V Fortaleza

Half-time-Full-Time HOME WIN @ 2.75

6 POINTS

Merlin
4th September 2007, 21:09
Forest 2 - 3 Peterbro

I have def lost my way at the minute......making the wrong picks.....what a nightmare...turning down teams that are winning at good odds.....been there...sound familiar?....:laugh

monty
4th September 2007, 21:54
Well Skittle

I can tell you that I'm going to be on Ayr Utd tonight as Forfar have a player out injured and another two first team regulars suspended after a double sending off at the weekend, while Ayr welcome back their main stiker Andy Mclaren. Don't get me wrong Forfar Athletic could play well but I like the price Ayr are tonight. If this bet comes in I'll be happy because I'm starting to hate September just as much as I hate UCD. On the other hand if this one is a loser I'm taking 3-4 days off....:D

I'm taking Ayr Utd to win 1.75 @ Sportingbet

Full-Time Score:

Forfar Athletic 0 Ayr United 2 ...:REGamblMo

September is looking a lot better tonight .....:laugh:laugh:laugh

Merlin
4th September 2007, 22:14
Great M...I mentioned it in Cageds thread......well done......nice to see the bookie take a hit…..

monty
4th September 2007, 22:34
Great M...I mentioned it in Cageds thread......well done......nice to see the bookie take a hit…..

Cheers Mate... :waver

I really needed that winner tonight, my September bank had taken a few bad hits in the last couple of days. It was all my own fault because I had placed a couple of silly bets on other sports and they all ended up losing.

Merlin
5th September 2007, 00:02
Gonna have a combo bet on the following..earliest kick-off is 12.30 UK time…(This is in addition to my main bet on Santa Cruz)

Brasiliense v Santo Andre
HOME @ 1.36

Marilia SP v Criciuma
HOME @ 1.75

Ponte Preta v CRB
HOME @ 1.45

Ituano SP v Gama DF
DRAW @ 3.20

Sao Caetano v Coritiba
DRAW @ 3.50

Santa Cruz PE v Fortaleza
HOME @ 1.55

15 x quarter point 4 timers
1 x quarter point acca

4 Points Staked

Merlin
5th September 2007, 02:50
So far – so good…:yikes:…makes a change…got 4 in out of combo (1 let me down)..and 1 to go...

And Santa Cruz to go…who are winning 1-0 at half time…if they hold on it will be a very good night…with the main single bet copping….and 5 x quarter point 4 timers

Merlin
5th September 2007, 03:48
Turned out a brilliant night….with 5 out of 6 in the combo bet and the main single hitting the net, too…

29.05 Points for the quarter point combo

+ 16.50 for the single

Minus the 10 point stake = 35.55 Profit tonight….puts me right back in the game….

monty
5th September 2007, 07:08
Turned out a brilliant night….with 5 out of 6 in the combo bet and the main single hitting the net, too…

29.05 Points for the quarter point combo

+ 16.50 for the single

Minus the 10 point stake = 35.55 Profit tonight….puts me right back in the game….

September is looking a lot better now....lol :D

Mug OUFC
5th September 2007, 08:47
A profitable evening for everybody :REDanceda

Good work :drinkme

Merlin
5th September 2007, 11:00
Some Brazilian Seria A tonight....

But first a Scottish Cup bet…

Clyde v Dunfermline

I am going for the home win @ 3.50...odds which seem pretty good....despite the fact that Clyde havent started well in the league........notwihstanding, both sides have their injuries and problems....:yikes:

HOME WIN @ 3.50 = 4 POINTS

monty
5th September 2007, 11:09
Some Brazilian Seria A tonight....

But first a Scottish Cup bet…

Clyde v Dunfermline

I am going for the home win @ 3.50...odds which seem pretty good....despite the fact that Clyde havent started well in the league........notwihstanding, both sides have their injuries and problems....:yikes:

HOME WIN @ 3.50 = 4 POINTS

Merlin

Well done with lasts night games, everyone seemed to finish up with good profit, and as for tonights games? anythings possible in that Cup...:laugh

Good Luck Mate...:thumbs

Merlin
5th September 2007, 11:15
Merlin

anythings possible in that Cup...:laugh

Good Luck Mate...:thumbs

:laugh...that makes the 3.50 a decent bet then....

monty
5th September 2007, 11:33
:laugh...that makes the 3.50 a decent bet then....

Yes! that's why I've went against the favourites as well, but I'm going to be taking the draw on both of tonights games .... http://www.win2win.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=53592

Skittle
5th September 2007, 13:57
The football is so exciting tonight..................I'm having a night off.:ermmm

Merlin
5th September 2007, 21:22
WEDNESDAY NIGHT BRAZIL SERIE A

Corinthians v America
América are the whipping boys of Serie A...and Corinthians are 1.25 for the win...too low for me.....bit the half-time full-time is 1.73 with Paddy Power…which is a damn sight better than the 1.57 with Badbrookes….

Santos v Internacional
Santos are a fair 1.80 with Stan James….but for treble purposes with the above….Paddy Power are 1.73 for the home win….

Juventude v Cruzeiro
Cruzeiro to win away…a general 2.20 is available…

My Bet is a Straight Treble
……………..
Corinthians v America
Half-time full time Corinthians @ 1.73

Santos v Internacional
HOME WIN @ 1.73

Juventude v Cruzeiro
AWAY @ 2.20

Bet with Paddy Power
1 x 3 Point Treble
…………………..

The treble pays 6.50 ish

monty
5th September 2007, 22:41
I've taken you up on the Santos and Cruzeiro matches, I've placed 2 singles and a double.

So good luck mate...:thumbs I need it....:splapme

Merlin
5th September 2007, 22:51
Good Luck..M....to us...

Here is the league standings: http://www.soccerway.com/national/brazil/serie-a/

You may have already seen it…but Cruzeiro need to win some games to have any chance of catching Sao Paulo…Santos wont be winning the league….but they should beat Internacional

Merlin
6th September 2007, 01:33
Gonna single the SANTOS match

SANTOS to beat INTERNACIONAL @ 1.85

8 POINTS

Kick-off 15 minutes

Merlin
6th September 2007, 01:35
Full Time
Corinthians 1 – 0 America (1-0)

Merlin
6th September 2007, 03:46
FULL TIME
Juventude 1-0 Cruzeiro
Santos 2-1 Internacional

Small profit for me as I went in on the Santos single....I guess you lost a bit..M...as only Santos won....Cruz , lost - B*******...

monty
6th September 2007, 08:25
FULL TIME
Juventude 1-0 Cruzeiro
Santos 2-1 Internacional

I guess you lost a bit..M...as only Santos won....Cruz , lost - B*******...

Yes! I did lose Merlin, :dung

But don't worry about it mate, I never go daft with my through the night :snooze bets, as they are usually always for small stakes. I must say the last few weeks my bets have been poor, but I've had times like that before, and I'm sure I'll get back on track soon....:D

Merlin
6th September 2007, 12:21
2 Footy bets today

The away win bet on Halifax was partly inspired by the following article – which indicates they will be up for this...and hopefully motivated to win....

http://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/local/Match-preview--Stafford-Rangers.3179063.jp

Stafford Rangers v Halifax Town
AWAY WIN @ 2.50 with Betfred/Ladbrokes/Skybet
5 POINTS

Sport v Fluminense
Home @ 2.10 Victor Chandler
Havent decided stake on this game yet…..will check out team news later…..

Merlin
6th September 2007, 12:27
Stats
September +23.71 Points :laugh
(*8)

August - 9.48 Points :yikes:
(*24)

monty
6th September 2007, 16:11
I've been looking at tonights fixtures all day, and I can't see anything worth taking, esspecially the way my luck is going. All the Brazilian matches look like a draw to me, as does the Non League game. So I've decided to do a Skittle and take the night off.

Merlin

Good Luck with your bets ....:football21:

Merlin
6th September 2007, 16:22
I've been looking at tonights fixtures all day, and I can't see anything worth taking, esspecially the way my luck is going. All the Brazilian matches look like a draw to me, as does the Non League game. So I've decided to do a Skittle and take the night off.

Merlin

Good Luck with your bets ....:football21:

Come on you coward - :laugh….take the Sport Recife game…..:yikes:…

monty
6th September 2007, 17:28
Ok, well if I'm going to be taking one, I might as well take both...:happyboun

Merlin
6th September 2007, 21:49
2 Footy bets today

The away win bet on Halifax was partly inspired by the following article – which indicates they will be up for this...and hopefully motivated to win....

http://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/local/Match-preview--Stafford-Rangers.3179063.jp

Stafford Rangers v Halifax Town
AWAY WIN @ 2.50 with Betfred/Ladbrokes/Skybet
5 POINTS

Sport v Fluminense
Home @ 2.10 Victor Chandler
Havent decided stake on this game yet…..will check out team news later…..

Halifax in - Sport to go...

Bet on Sport is 4 POINTS @ 2.38 ....This ensures that the day is profitable should it go pear-shape here.

monty
6th September 2007, 22:07
Cheers Mate .... :thumbs thanks for changing my mind...:laugh

Merlin
7th September 2007, 00:05
M...I sent you a PM using the other forum system PM System…….shame I cant do it from here…but as I understand it due to past abuse here…Kieth has disabled it for non-paying members like us…:yikes:

monty
7th September 2007, 01:45
M...I sent you a PM using the other forum system PM System…….shame I cant do it from here…but as I understand it due to past abuse here…Kieth has disabled it for non-paying members like us…:yikes:

Got it...:thumbs

Merlin
7th September 2007, 02:24
The Sport bet is down the pan.....lost 0-2........and guess what.....looks as if Nautico have won away 2-4....a minute left......:yikes:...

Not to dissapointd with Sport...as Halifax won earlier...but as I have said before, when you think you got this Brazilian league sused it kicks you....:laugh

monty
7th September 2007, 02:37
Halifax was good winner earlier it got me some profit, so I can't complain. I'm off to bed now :snooze catch up with you all tomorrow.

Merlin
7th September 2007, 02:46
night night...:laugh

Skittle
7th September 2007, 03:20
............and yes, Skittle had another night off. Doesn't do any harm now and then when there's nothing interesting happening.

monty
7th September 2007, 07:16
............and yes, Skittle had another night off. Doesn't do any harm now and then when there's nothing interesting happening.

You were right to take the night off mate, I wish I had done the same the other night...:laugh

Merlin
7th September 2007, 11:43
FRIDAY

FINN HARPS MAX BET
Finn Harps v Kilkenny
Home @ 1.36
10 POINTS
…………………………

Galway United FC v Drogheda
Away @ 1.91

Northampton Town v Doncaster Rovers
Away @ 2.65

Santa Cruz v Marilla
HOME @ 1.85

1 POINT ACCA ON:
Finn Harps
Droheda
Doncaster
Santa Cruz

TOTAL STAKED = 11 POINTS

monty
7th September 2007, 12:11
I had picked out Finn Harps as one of my Monty Bets, but the price is crap, so my next Monty bet is going to be Limerick this week.
Hopefully their home form will pick up again as it has been at bit up and down at the moment, but I would expect them to win this one.

Limerick v's Monaghan Home Win @ 8/11 (1.72) W-Hill

Merlin
7th September 2007, 12:17
OK..mate...nearly went for Limerick myself....but will be on it now anyway, as its a Monty Monster.......

Yeah..the price is low on Finn…but on the face of , it should be a 36% easy turnover profit….:yikes:

Merlin
7th September 2007, 22:15
MAX wins 6-0…….

1 point acca down…but profit on the day….I do fancy Santa Cruz tonight…BUT…NO BET….as I want to preserve the days profit….

I cant see any point in having a max bet in the afternoon – collecting and then throwing it away on something I am not 100% sure of…..

MattR
7th September 2007, 22:21
Monty you don't happen to know what the draw price on betfair was (or bookie will do) for Derry v St Pats and Longford v Sligo tonight do you? I was going to do them on betfair but the site crashed before I got around to it but I want to keep a note of the price for my records.

Merlin
7th September 2007, 22:29
Derry City 11 - 10
Draw 11 - 5
St Patrick's Athletic 21 - 10

Longford Town 11 - 8
Draw 21 - 10
Sligo Rovers 17 - 10

The above odds were from Paddy Power

MattR
7th September 2007, 22:32
Thanks Merlin :)

Merlin
7th September 2007, 22:37
A LITTLE TIP FOR GETTING THE ODDS AFTER THE MATCH....

Search for the game using Google….

For instance:

Derry v Sligo

On the results page look for the game….click on cache – bingo…

However, you wont get this for all games and all searches , because it does depend on a number of other things…which are not wort goimg into…but it will work most of the time….

Merlin
8th September 2007, 04:40
SATURDAY
………………

MAIN BET SINGLE
Leeds v Hartlepool
HOME @ 1.80
8 POINTS
……………………………..

1 POINT TREBLE with LEEDS

Altrincham v Oxford
Away @ 2.10

Exeter v Cambridge
OVERS 2.50 goals @ 1.96

9 POINTS STAKED

Skittle
8th September 2007, 05:02
Oi, I was looking at that Leeds game earlier.............and now you've robbed it. :yikes:

monty
8th September 2007, 07:46
Well Guys, as you know? my head is seemingly up my ass :butthead: at the moment, and believe me, it's kind of dark in there..:laugh So I'm unable to see what your bets are today, but good luck with them anyway......:D

MaxySerb
8th September 2007, 14:39
Hi guys! I'm back! :happyboun

I had to learn as hell past several days... And now it's over... :wink

This is your pick for today:

Serbia - Finland
Home win at 1.50

Price is not some, but...Nikola Zigic (Valencia) is back for this game so I think it won't be so hard for us to score this time...
Nemanja Vidic is suspended, but he played like ballerina against Belgium so it's not a big blow. I think he is not giving enough to representation since he become so well known in MU.

Serbia simply have to win this one, now EC2008 is in stake. It's very simply, if we win tonight we only have to have a draw with Portugal for getting trough the group. If we don't win today - we are out.

Merlin
8th September 2007, 14:44
Ooh.....Agree , think and hope Serbia will win too.....good luck, Maxy.....may have a dabble...

Merlin
8th September 2007, 15:54
SATURDAY BRAZIL SERIE A
……………………………………..

Santos v Juventude
HOME WIN @ HALF-TIME-FULL-TIME @ 2.00

Figueirense v Clube Atlético Mineiro
HOME WIN @ 2.00

Cruzeiro v Gremio
HOME WIN @ 1.73

Vasco da Gama v Sao Paulo
DRAW @ 3.25

BET
4 X ½ Point Trebles
1 x ½ Point Acca

2 and half Points Staked.

Skittle
8th September 2007, 16:08
You're persistent with the Brazilian stuff aren't you ?

Mind you, they are just 'fun' bets at those stakes.

monty
8th September 2007, 17:15
SATURDAY
………………

MAIN BET SINGLE
Leeds v Hartlepool
HOME @ 1.80
8 POINTS
……………………………..

:thumbs Nice one mate...:D

Merlin
8th September 2007, 23:39
USA MLS

Kick-off 1.30am (Saturday/Sunday)

Houston Dynamo v Real Salt Lake

Houston are really struggling at present…have about 4 key players out, and despite being home are very vulnerable …

REAL SALT LAKE are no great shakes, but have won their last 2…and the Asian Handicap of +1 @ 2.10 looks a very reasonable bet with Victor Chandler and Bet365

REAL SALT LAKE +1 @ 2.10

6 POINTS

RESULT
Houston Dynamo 4-3 Real Salt Lake

Merlin
9th September 2007, 00:02
Stats
*September +26.26 Points
(*8)

August - 9.48 Points
(*24)

*All bets paid for – including tonights…

Merlin
9th September 2007, 01:49
SATURDAY BRAZIL SERIE A
……………………………………..

Santos v Juventude
HOME WIN @ HALF-TIME-FULL-TIME @ 2.00

Figueirense v Clube Atlético Mineiro
HOME WIN @ 2.00

Cruzeiro v Gremio
HOME WIN @ 1.73

Vasco da Gama v Sao Paulo
DRAW @ 3.25

BET
4 X ½ Point Trebles
1 x ½ Point Acca

2 and half Points Staked.

Managed 1 treble on the Serie A bet...

2 and a half points staked
3.46 returned
so a small profit of almost a point (0.96)

Merlin
9th September 2007, 01:51
Stats
*September +26.26 Points
(*8)

August - 9.48 Points
(*24)

*All bets paid for – including tonights…

September +35.72 Points
(*8)

Merlin
9th September 2007, 02:55
SUNDAY BET
………………..

Wycombe v Brentford
AWAY WIN @ 3.25 with Bet365
5 POINTS

Nautico v Botafogo
HOME @ 3.20 generally available
4 POINTS

1 POINT DOUBLE ON THE 2 GAMES

10 POINTS STAKED

MaxySerb
9th September 2007, 06:41
Good job Merlin, especially for Leeds! :thumbs

Wow, I must say that we (Serbia) are bad as hell. We had such a good start in this qualifications...But now...one lose game and one draw in a row...my God...at least Portugal didn't win either... :laugh

But we are so bad...we simply can't score a goal...Because Portugal played draw, we still have a small chance...only thing we have to do is to win in Lisbon against them on Wednesday. Piece of cake... :lickme

They (Portugal) will kick our sorry butts so hard on Wed that we will wish we were never got into this qualifications...
With that H. Clemente (::swear) on bench we are never going to win, he is a coward...We all was terribly disappointed when we saw 4-5-1 formation against team like Finland on our home ground when we are in desperate need of a victory. And he is not even calling our second best striker Mateja Kezman (Fenerbahche) in squad...;fire

Skittle
9th September 2007, 14:44
Another day off.

Merlin
9th September 2007, 23:49
Your becoming very part-time....S :laugh

Almost half-time and Nautico are winning 2-1...went 1-0 down inside a minute...:yikes:

Didnt go to the game...but listening to commemtary - anyway...when theres a goal I know immediately from the crowd..which I can hear very clearly from my pad...

Its on the telly...but the deal is the teams on telly...are not shown in the state of the home team...

Hope they can hold on will make the day profitable....

Skittle
10th September 2007, 03:46
Just don't believe in forcing myself to do a bet for the sake of it. I only like to win money, it's much more enjoyable that way.

monty
10th September 2007, 07:49
SUNDAY BET
………………..

Nautico v Botafogo
HOME @ 3.20 generally available
4 POINTS

:thumbs Nice win M

Nautico won 4-1 it looks like you missed a good game with plenty of :goal :goal :goal :goal

Merlin
10th September 2007, 10:53
Lets hope it continues , M...they can get out the drop zone...:yikes:

MONDAY

CORK V UCD
HOME @1.66
9 POINTS
……………

BURTON V TORQUAY
DRAW @ 3.40
3 POINTS

monty
10th September 2007, 13:41
No bet on Stevenage tonight M ? Has the price dropped to much...:yikes:

Merlin
10th September 2007, 13:43
No bet on Stevenage tonight M ? Has the price dropped to much...:yikes:

No ,M..not worried about the price...they should win...but you know the score...cant bet everything....:laugh

monty
10th September 2007, 13:59
No ,M..not worried about the price...they should win...but you know the score...cant bet everything....:laugh

True...:D

Mug OUFC
10th September 2007, 16:04
Youve got the much surer draw in the burton game instead :lickme :laugh

monty
10th September 2007, 16:59
Merlin I've sent you a P.M on the other site.

Merlin
10th September 2007, 19:37
Merlin I've sent you a P.M on the other site.

Replied...

monty
10th September 2007, 19:48
Cheers Merlin.... :thumbs

I've went with Stevenage tonight and also taken Cork both bets singles. I've also took Stevenage to win Half-Time/Full-Time.

Mug OUFC
10th September 2007, 22:05
Nce work merl :thumbs You done for the night?

monty
10th September 2007, 22:11
:thumbs...Nice winner with Cork Mate...:D

Merlin
10th September 2007, 22:27
Nice Cork win…..they owed me…..went as near as I could to a Max..without Maxing…:laugh

Nothing else about tonight…no late night bets tonight……shame coz I feel lucky…….do you feel lucky…punk….?:laugh

Merlin
10th September 2007, 23:10
Stats
September + 41.46 Points
(*11)

August - 9.48 Points
(*24)

Merlin
11th September 2007, 02:06
Tuesday
Halifax v Woking
HOME @ 2.10 widely available
6 POINTS

Grays v Oxford
HOME @ 3.00 with Totesport
4 POINTS
………………………………

Mug OUFC
11th September 2007, 09:41
;fire

Merlin
11th September 2007, 10:40
;fire

:laugh....

Skittle
11th September 2007, 11:20
Oi, Merlin, I thought Mug was the Conference expert. Are you stealing his thunder ? Bit worried about the Halifax game as Woking seem to be the draw experts here. I'm a bit worried today as there is too much choice going on with the cricket and rugby opportunities

Good call on the Cork game. I couldn't be convinced myself. Don't like to be too greedy.

Mug OUFC
11th September 2007, 11:28
Nah merlin is probably better at the conference from brazil than i am from my seat in the kassam stadium :yikes:

I dont like it when he predicts oxford defeats though cos the bugger is usually right ;fire:laugh

Merlin
11th September 2007, 13:01
Oi, Merlin, I thought Mug was the Conference expert. Are you stealing his thunder ? Bit worried about the Halifax game as Woking seem to be the draw experts here. I'm a bit worried today as there is too much choice going on with the cricket and rugby opportunities

Good call on the Cork game. I couldn't be convinced myself. Don't like to be too greedy.

Been predicting the defeats and glories of the Yellows for almost a year now…S…..:yikes:…

The Gravelmen are Essex boys
Will play with Yellows just like toys
Caged and all the Kassam blowers
Be all at sea like Oxford rowers.

Predicted score is under 3
An unders bet for you and me
But value lies in Essex win
At 2/1 its in the bin….

Mug OUFC
11th September 2007, 13:56

MENTAL :ooo

monty
11th September 2007, 14:13
Tuesday
Halifax v Woking
HOME @ 2.10 widely available
6 POINTS

Grays v Oxford
HOME @ 3.00 with Totesport
4 POINTS
………………………………

Good thinking Merlin ...I can see where your coming from with your two picks, if one of the home teams win? your in profit? ... :thumbs Is that the way your thinking?

There is definitely value with Grays Ath price going by the stats so far this season.

Blue Square Premier:

Total Games: 95

Home Wins: 37 (39%)

Draws: 27 (28%)

Away Wins: 31 (33%)

Merlin
11th September 2007, 14:19
Good thinking Merlin ...I can see where your coming from with your two picks, if one of the home teams win? your in profit? ... :thumbs Is that the way your thinking?

There is definitely value with Grays Ath price going by the stats so far this season.

Blue Square Premier:

Total Games:

Home Wins: 35 (38%)

Draws: 27 (29%)

Away Wins: 31 (33%)

Spot on, M.....both have chances to win.......I think I would be unlucky for both to go down....:yikes:

Skittle
11th September 2007, 14:28
Been predicting the defeats and glories of the Yellows for almost a year now…S…..:yikes:…

The Gravelmen are Essex boys
Will play with Yellows just like toys
Caged and all the Kassam blowers
Be all at sea like Oxford rowers.

Predicted score is under 3
An unders bet for you and me
But value lies in Essex win
At 2/1 its in the bin….

That's all we need now, a bloody poet :splapme

monty
11th September 2007, 14:35
Spot on, M.....both have chances to win.......I think I would be unlucky for both to go down....:yikes:

It’s actually a higher percentage for the home win…:yikes: because I forgot to add last night’s games in, but it’s edited now.

I wasn’t going to have a bet tonight ... :ermmm but I might just do the same as you and take both the homes teams...:D

Mug OUFC
11th September 2007, 15:17
All sounds very speculative to me.

Im in :laugh

Merlin
11th September 2007, 15:32

monty
11th September 2007, 15:58

Now that was funny....:laugh

monty
11th September 2007, 21:51

Full-Time Score:

Grays 0 Oxford Utd 0

Halifax 1 Woking 0.............Profit Mate...Well Done....:thumbs

Mug OUFC
11th September 2007, 22:01
I think we have all learnt something today :D

Merlin
11th September 2007, 22:07
Well done to the yellows for holding and getting a point...(buggers)…:laugh

But profit anyway…with the Halifax win….so objective achieved….

There are 2 games in Serie B Brazil tonight…but the Vitoria game is so one sided….and the oddes are even to low for me….:laugh…

The other game: Cricuima v Ipatinga looks a draw..price is OK @ 3.60 for a draw…but I am gonna give it a miss……no point in having a wining strategy in the afternoon …and risking the small profit gained on crap….:laugh

Merlin
12th September 2007, 00:26
WEDNESDAY

ENGLAND V RUSSIA

RUSSIA = DRAW NO BET @ 5.00 with Bet365
5 POINTS

In my opinion this is a value bet…….@ 4/1…

Another bet to follow….

Skittle
12th September 2007, 01:25
Funny old day, bit of womens football followed by cricket and rugby at the same time. Won anyway, off to look around for Wednesdays titbits.

Merlin
12th September 2007, 10:59
WEDNESDAY

ENGLAND V RUSSIA

5 POINTS

Another bet to follow….

FRANCE V SCOTLAND

MAIN BET = FRANCE FULL TIME & HALF-TIME @ 1.83 Paddy Power
8 POINTS

Side Bets
………….
Half-time – full-time
Scotland / France @ 34.00 Victor Chandler = quarter point
France / Scotland @ 176.00 Paddy Power = quarter point

monty
12th September 2007, 12:06
FRANCE V SCOTLAND

8 POINTS ;fire

Side Bets
………….
Half-time – full-time
Scotland / France @ 34.00 Victor Chandler = quarter point ;fire
France / Scotland @ 176.00 Paddy Power = quarter point :yikes:...:happyboun

C'Mon the Scotland

Merlin
12th September 2007, 12:21

That 176.00 with Paddy Power is ever so unlikely...but possible.....worth a quarter point.....

Do you really think Scotland can get a result in Paris...M...?.:yikes:....

monty
12th September 2007, 12:48

That 176.00 with Paddy Power is ever so unlikely...but possible.....worth a quarter point.....

Do you really think Scotland can get a result in Paris...M...?.:yikes:....

Yes! we can win in Paris, but probably not at football maybe Curling or Snooker, it's about all we're good at...lol :laugh

I still find it hard to believe the position that Scotland are in just now, it would be good if we managed to get any sort of result against France. It's still possible that we can get through to the finals, which would be fantastic especially when you look at the teams in our group. World Cup finalists France & Italy and Ukraine got to the quarter final. When the draw was made I honestly didn't expect very much and I would say the team has played excellent to get to where they are just now.

monty
12th September 2007, 13:02
These are the teams that I'm thinking about betting today...(singles).
The prices below are from W-Hills, but I'm sure I'll get better odds once I look around.

Czech R 1.61
Slovenia 1.83
Slovakia 1.66

Skittle
12th September 2007, 16:05
Not convinced about either of those three. I can't really find anything on the footy to tickle my fancy tonight. It's the damn cricket 20/20 taking over my betting. You've got to be watching the game and bet 'in play', but it seems so easy.

monty
12th September 2007, 16:16
Your probably right Skittle, the prices in the Internationals don't look very good, but I'll stick with the homes I've picked. I'm not putting much on anyway, these bets are just on for more of an interest tonight.

Merlin
12th September 2007, 19:57
The prices below are from W-Hills, but I'm sure I'll get better odds once I look around.
Slovakia 1.66

Slovakia 1.66 :laugh

Merlin
12th September 2007, 20:51
FRANCE V SCOTLAND

8 POINTS

Side Bets
………….
Half-time – full-time

WEDNESDAY

ENGLAND V RUSSIA

5 POINTS

Looks as if I am gonna take my first drubbling of the month…..have to accept it….not gonna chase it………..flippin internatationals…….

monty
12th September 2007, 20:54
Slovakia 1.66 :laugh

That's what I get for betting on teams that I know nothing about...:laugh:laugh:laugh

Merlin
12th September 2007, 20:54
Stats
September + 31.06 Points
(*16)

August - 9.48 Points
(*24)

monty
12th September 2007, 21:35

Czech R 1.61 :yahoo1
Slovenia 1.83 :yahoo1
Slovakia 1.66 :cryer

2 correct from 3 picks ... just a tiny bit of profit, but I'll not complain..:D

Merlin
12th September 2007, 21:48
Nice one ..M...beter than I did......

Hope Scotland can hold on…….should have done draw no bet Scotland…..:yikes:

monty
12th September 2007, 21:55
FRANCE V SCOTLAND

8 POINTS

Side Bets
………….
Half-time – full-time

France...:laugh

Merlin
12th September 2007, 22:00
You heathen......:laugh

monty
12th September 2007, 22:07
Merlin.... I thought you might have covered the Draw Half-Time/Scotland Full-Time?

Merlin
12th September 2007, 22:13
Merlin.... I thought you might have covered the Draw Half-Time/Scotland Full-Time?

I should have married my sister-in-law too mate...but I didnt...:laugh

monty
12th September 2007, 22:37
Merlin have you got any bets picked out for later or for tomorrow?

Merlin
12th September 2007, 22:46
I am playing this game...tonight…

Flamengo v Cruzeiro

AWAY WIN @ 2.70 with Sporting Bet
4 POINTS

Merlin
12th September 2007, 22:48
Kick-off 12.30 UK time

monty
12th September 2007, 22:56
Cheers Mate... I might as well have a shot at it as well. I've just read on G.G that gooner played 1900 units on his International bets...:yikes: I must be doing something wrong, my single bets only go to 10 units/points and my Acca bets are always just 0.25-3pts My Doubles can go from 1-5pts and from 1-10pts are always for Singles only, and any bets from 5pts to 10pts are only placed on singles.

1900 units :splapme

I don't bet heavy maybe thats what's wrong

Merlin
12th September 2007, 23:05
Cheers Mate... I might as well have a shot at it as well. I've just read on G.G that gooner played 1900 units on his International bets...:yikes: I must be doing something wrong, my single bets only go to 10 units/points and my Acca bets are always just 0.25-3pts My Doubles can go from 1-5pts and from 5-10pts are always for Singles only.

1900 units :splapme

I don't bet heavy maybe thats what's wrong

No...dont mean anything mate....

A unit could be absolutely anything….could be one Euro…I dollar…50 cents…..anything…

Whats important is not the unit amount…but the scale you use when staking the units…

Foe instance , my bets are inbetween 1 and 10 units(sometimes less than a point for multiples or long shots)..

1 one of my units could be worth 40 units of Gooner..or someone else…..have I made sense…:laugh

monty
12th September 2007, 23:37
I've got it now, but I'm sure he said on G.G once before that he usually bets around 100euro on each game? and tonight he bet 1900units, That makes me look and feel like a pure amateur...lol

Best of Luck to him , he got a hell of a lot of profit anyway whatever his stakes were.

Not to worry I'm happy the way I bet, as long as I keep in profit over the season....:D

Merlin
13th September 2007, 00:05
Best of Luck to him , he got a hell of a lot of profit anyway whatever his stakes were.

Not to worry I'm happy the way I bet, as long as I keep in profit over the season....:D

The return was good over the number of bets/games (9)....the return was 45%

It’s the same as having 10 Points on a 1.45 shot…which puts it in perspective...

monty
13th September 2007, 00:13
Merlin did you happen to see the Scotland goal? it was a cracker from about 30 yards. I still can't believe they won and I didn't have a bet on them. I usually place a few quid on them but I honestly thought they had no chance against France.

Merlin
13th September 2007, 00:15
No...I will have to have a look on You Tube..sure to be there...

Merlin
13th September 2007, 00:39

Flamengo v Cruzeiro

4 POINTS

http://globoesporte.globo.com/ESP/Futebol/TempoReal/0,,TEP16324-8646,00.html

Mug OUFC
13th September 2007, 08:01
Fcking Scotland ;fire

Err I mean congrats Monty great result :D

Gooner did say his level stakes on his sheet bets are 100 euro, why did he bet 1900 euro on this one? Unless its 19 bets at 100 euro each?

monty
13th September 2007, 08:13

Flamengo v Cruzeiro

4 POINTS

Full-Time Score:

Flamengo 3 Cruzeiro 1

Merlin

As we have said before this is a very unpredictable league, every single one of these teams seems to be able to beat each other? :yikes:

Merlin
13th September 2007, 10:43
Yeah---seems like a lottery on times...

Merlin
13th September 2007, 10:43
Stats
September + 27.06 Points
(*16)

August - 9.48 Points
(*24)

Merlin
13th September 2007, 11:37
THURSDAY
Forest Green Rovers vs Salisbury
OVER 2.50 GOALS @ 1.88

8 POINTS

monty
13th September 2007, 11:41
Hi Merlin

I been talking to quite a few people this morning about last nights Scotland game, and it seems like everyone I spoke to said they had lumped on France to win. It must have been a great result for the bookies, if the Scottish people were betting on the home win, I can only imagine that a very high percentage of betting people would be on France also?

Merlin
13th September 2007, 11:56
Was a great win..M…..the more I think about it now…I should have covered the draw Scotland…coz I did France | Scotland….but that’s life……

Hopefully, back on track today….

monty
13th September 2007, 12:10
Hopefully, back on track today….

I'm sure you will mate, September has still been a good month for you so far....:D wish I could say the same...:laugh

monty
13th September 2007, 14:19
Merlin

Sent you a P.M (Another Question)

Mug OUFC
13th September 2007, 14:22
I like overs in this one too. But I no longer bet on total goals :ermmm

Skittle
13th September 2007, 14:38
Another day off.

Merlin
13th September 2007, 15:31
Merlin

Sent you a P.M (Another Question)

Self-delusion :yikes:

monty
13th September 2007, 16:05
Self-delusion :yikes:

Thats it...lol...:laugh

Merlin
13th September 2007, 22:18
THURSDAY
Forest Green Rovers vs Salisbury
OVER 2.50 GOALS @ 1.88

8 POINTS

Did we win?

Course we did:laugh

PS: Looked na easy overs with 2-0 at half-time....but it was not easy at all......think the last goal was in time added-on:yikes:

Merlin
13th September 2007, 23:52
FRIDAY FOOTY BETS
………………………….

Bristol Rovers v Leeds
LEEDS @ 2.64
4 POINTS

Swansea v Carlisle
SWANSEA @ 2.00
6 POINTS

scoobydoo
14th September 2007, 00:30
Did we win?

Course we did:laugh

PS: Looked na easy overs with 2-0 at half-time....but it was not easy at all......think the last goal was in time added-on:yikes:

It was in the 95th and last minute youre right Merl....a tight one! Well done....bit of an upset as well as FGR were about 1.80 on betfair I think before kick off...:doh

Mug OUFC
14th September 2007, 10:27
Im starting to get a little suspicious of you picking swansea and leeds every week merl :D

Merlin
14th September 2007, 10:52
Im starting to get a little suspicious of you picking swansea and leeds every week merl :D

Me too

monty
14th September 2007, 21:47
FRIDAY FOOTY BETS
………………………….

Bristol Rovers v Leeds
LEEDS @ 2.64
4 POINTS

Swansea v Carlisle
SWANSEA @ 2.00
6 POINTS

:thumbs ........well done mate...:D

Merlin
14th September 2007, 21:48
Did u follow me in..M...?

Merlin
14th September 2007, 21:54
FRIDAY NIGHT SERIE B KICK-OFF 12.30AM UK TIME

Brazil - Serie B: Sao Caetano v Santa Cruz

3 POINTS SANTA CRUZ @ 5.50
2 POINTS SAVER ON THE DRAW @ 3.60

monty
14th September 2007, 22:09
FRIDAY FOOTY BETS
………………………….

Bristol Rovers v Leeds
LEEDS @ 2.64
4 POINTS

Swansea v Carlisle
SWANSEA @ 2.00
6 POINTS

:thumbs ........well done mate...:D

monty
14th September 2007, 22:15
Did u follow me in..M...?

Hi Merlin

I took Leeds but then my laptop crashed, it's still playing up f~~k knows what its playing at. It turned itself off and wouldn't come back on for ages by that time it was too late for any other bets. I'm not complaining as I got a good winner tonight.

monty
14th September 2007, 22:17
see what I mean mate, it's posted the same reply twice and theres over 20 mins of a difference between the posts.

Merlin
14th September 2007, 23:49
People have had this kind of problem with laptops before....check out the PC help forum , here:

http://www.win2win.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51

Maybe something there..if not, pose the problem...

Merlin
15th September 2007, 02:00
Stats
September + 41.10 Points
(*16)

August - 9.48 Points
(*24)

(Friday nights bet paid for too…)

Merlin
15th September 2007, 02:36
SATURDAY
…………….

Everton v Manchester United
HOME @ 5.20

Sunderland v Reading
HOME @ 2.44

Raith Rovers v Ross County
HOME @ 1.91

York v Stevenage
AWAY @ 2.25

6 X 2 POINT DOUBLES
1 X 1 POINT ACCA

Merlin
15th September 2007, 02:53
FRIDAY NIGHT SERIE B KICK-OFF 12.30AM UK TIME

Brazil - Serie B: Sao Caetano v Santa Cruz

3 POINTS SANTA CRUZ @ 5.50
2 POINTS SAVER ON THE DRAW @ 3.60

FULL TIME 2-2

Stats
September + 48.30 Points
(*16)

August - 9.48 Points
(*24)

Skittle
15th September 2007, 05:56
Merlin........well done on the picks :thumbs. Wasn't convinced enough myself.

Monty........problem solved.........buy a new one :yikes:. Dell are brilliant, got a new laptop recently, can't fault them in any department.

Mug OUFC
15th September 2007, 08:29
Followed on leeds merlin, nice one :thumbs

monty
15th September 2007, 09:26
Merlin........well done on the picks :thumbs. Wasn't convinced enough myself.

Monty........problem solved.........buy a new one :yikes:. Dell are brilliant, got a new laptop recently, can't fault them in any department.

It is sort of new...My kids bought me it for my 40th in April...:yikes:

When I'm on Internet Explorer aol also open up in the back ground then the screen freezes, then I have to restart it and goes through all sort of things before it comes back on. It's due to get a right good Scottish Kicking .... ;fire

monty
15th September 2007, 09:47
Sunderland v Reading
HOME @ 2.44

Wigan v Fulham
HOME @2.28

Cowdenbeath v Ayr Utd
AWAY @ 2.48

3 X 3pt singles
1 X 1pt treble

I haven't had any spare time to study the weekend games, so it's just a hit or a miss for me this week. I like the look of Sunderland as well Merlin.

Good Luck Guys.....:thumbs

Merlin
15th September 2007, 15:38
BRAZIL SERIE A SATURDAY NIGHT
KICK OFF 10.10PM UK TIME

Goias v Náutico
AWAY @ 5.00 with Paddy Power
2 POINTS

Fluminense FC v América
HOME WIN @ HALF TIME & FULL TIME @ 1.53 with Paddy Power
9 POINTS

Merlin
15th September 2007, 23:48
Sunderland v Reading
HOME @ 2.44

Wigan v Fulham
HOME @2.28

Cowdenbeath v Ayr Utd
AWAY @ 2.48

3 X 3pt singles
1 X 1pt treble

I haven't had any spare time to study the weekend games, so it's just a hit or a miss for me this week. I like the look of Sunderland as well Merlin.

Good Luck Guys.....:thumbs

Sunderland was a strong one..we should have singled it....M...

Merlin
15th September 2007, 23:50
SATURDAY
…………….

Everton v Manchester United
HOME @ 5.20

Sunderland v Reading
HOME @ 2.44

Raith Rovers v Ross County
HOME @ 1.91

York v Stevenage
AWAY @ 2.25

6 X 2 POINT DOUBLES
1 X 1 POINT ACCA

Not a total disaster with only 2 POINTS lost in the afternoon...
1 double….another one was needed for good profit…

Merlin
15th September 2007, 23:54
BRAZIL SERIE A SATURDAY NIGHT
KICK OFF 10.10PM UK TIME

Goias v Náutico
AWAY @ 5.00 with Paddy Power
2 POINTS

Fluminense FC v América
HOME WIN @ HALF TIME & FULL TIME @ 1.53 with Paddy Power
9 POINTS

Well looks like its gonna be a kinda break even night ...with Nautico winning 0-3.....10 minutes left...

Fluminense are winning 1-0 but failed to lead at half-time…

All in all a loss of 3.02 Points on the day…..I will accept that on a Saturday….which is usually not my best day……

Merlin
15th September 2007, 23:55
Stats
September + 45.28 Points
(*16)

August - 9.48 Points
(*24)

Merlin
15th September 2007, 23:59
SUNDAY EARLY GAME...

Watford v Southampton,
HOME WIN @ 2.00
8 POINTS

Skittle
16th September 2007, 05:29
Have you ever thought of taking Saturdays off seeing as you say they are not good for you.

I don't like them much myself as I feel there is too much choice and it means a ton of research.

Mug OUFC
16th September 2007, 14:39
Saturdays are crap for me too. Too much choice and I end up doing lots of stupid bets.

Skittle
16th September 2007, 14:51
I feel that Saturdays are my biggest test of discipline. Sundays are coming close as well. The week ends are when I have less free time available, so I have to be concentrated.

Merlin
16th September 2007, 15:02
SUNDAY AFTERNOON DABBLE
MAN CITY v ASTON VILLA
Reverse result half-time-full-time

MAN CITY/VILLA @ 35.00 = HALF POINT
VILLA/MAN CITY @ 30.00 = HALF POINT

………………………………..

SUNDAY EVENING DABBLE
………………………………….

BRAZIL SERIE A

SPORT v PARANA

I think Sport will win this, but weighing the options I do think the over 2.50 goals is the better bet;;;

SPORT TO WIN ARE 1.85
Over 2.50 goals IS 1.76

My bet is overs @ 1.76 = 9 POINTS

…………………………………………

TOTAL STAKED = 10 POINTS

Merlin
16th September 2007, 15:03
Have you ever thought of taking Saturdays off seeing as you say they are not good for you.

I don't like them much myself as I feel there is too much choice and it means a ton of research.

Yeah…may just do a small acca bet in future….although I only lost about 3 points yesterday…so no huge disaster….

Mug OUFC
16th September 2007, 15:13
Followed you on watford merl. The old merlin magic was in full flow coming back from 2-1 down with a last minute winner :thumbs

Merlin
16th September 2007, 15:16
Followed you on watford merl. The old merlin magic was in full flow coming back from 2-1 down with a last minute winner :thumbs

Don’t be facetious…you bitch…:laugh…..

Merlin
16th September 2007, 20:50
SUNDAY EVENING DABBLE
………………………………….

BRAZIL SERIE A

SPORT v PARANA

I think Sport will win this, but weighing the options I do think the over 2.50 goals is the better bet;;;

SPORT TO WIN ARE 1.85
Over 2.50 goals IS 1.76

…………………………………………

TOTAL STAKED = 10 POINTS

Its 2-0 half-time.....I would hope the overs will come in now...

monty
16th September 2007, 20:51
[QUOTE=Merlin;438487]

SUNDAY EVENING DABBLE
………………………………….

BRAZIL SERIE A

SPORT v PARANA

SPORT TO WIN ARE 1.85
Over 2.50 goals IS 1.76

…………………………………………

Looking good at Half-Time

Sport Recife 2 Parana 0

Merlin
16th September 2007, 20:54
Did you dabble...M?

monty
16th September 2007, 20:54
Merlin

You would be very, very unlucky if you didn't get your bet up, I really think this bet will win for you mate...:happyboun

monty
16th September 2007, 20:56
Yes just on the win, but all my bets have small today.

monty
16th September 2007, 21:04
Parma V Cagliari
Wexford Youths V Limerick 37
Osasuna V Barcelona
Sport Recife V Parana
Salamanca V Granada 74
Gremio V Internacional

These are the bets that I have on tonight tonight

Merlin
16th September 2007, 21:09
Good luck mate...may have a dabble on that Gremio game later…

monty
16th September 2007, 21:16
That :censored: Limerick have cost me a fortune this season,they owe me big time, it's 1-1 at the moment as is the Parma match, 1-1 Draws yesterday and it looks like more today...:headbange

Merlin
16th September 2007, 21:16
Gremio v Internacional
HOME WIN @ 2.25 Generally available...
4 POINTS

(Copied bet off Monty) :laugh

monty
16th September 2007, 21:31
Gremio v Internacional
HOME WIN @ 2.25 Generally available...
4 POINTS

(Copied bet off Monty) :laugh

You had better cover the 1-1 draw then..:laugh

Most games I touch seem to finish with that :censored: score....lol

Merlin
16th September 2007, 21:42
[QUOTE=Merlin;438487]

SUNDAY EVENING DABBLE
………………………………….

BRAZIL SERIE A

SPORT v PARANA

SPORT TO WIN ARE 1.85
Over 2.50 goals IS 1.76

…………………………………………

Looking good at Half-Time

Sport Recife 2 Parana 0

DID WE WIN?

.COURSE WE DID…..2-1 with 10 mins to go…

Off out now…what a great day today….2 large bets coming in…

monty
16th September 2007, 21:43
Well Done Mate.....:thumbs

Merlin
17th September 2007, 00:22
GREMIO 1-0….What a day……..

(Thanks Monty…copied you on the last bet…)….

Here is a link for the Brazil Serie A today…you can get all the goals on the video on the right….

http://globoesporte.globo.com/ESP/Futebol/TempoReal/0,,TEP16466-8646,00.html

monty
17th September 2007, 00:33
Cheers Merlin

(That's great mate...:thumbs we usually have to wait till the next day to get highlights of the games)

You must have done well today with your bets? I had a lot of bets on over the weekend, all small bets (just for an interest) and I'm in profit not much but in profit, so I can't complain. Most of my bets that were down all finished draws...:mad:

Merlin
17th September 2007, 00:49
Stats
September + 64.12 Points :laugh:laugh:laugh
(*16)

(*24)

monty
17th September 2007, 00:51
Parma V Cagliari :ermmm 1-1
Wexford Youths V Limerick 37 :ermmm 1-1
Osasuna V Barcelona :ermmm 0-0
Sport Recife V Parana :happyboun 3-1
Salamanca V Granada 74 :happyboun 3-1
Gremio V Internacional :happyboun 1-0

These are the bets that I have on tonight tonight

I hate draws...:headbange but never mind the 3 winning bets covered my bets....:)

monty
17th September 2007, 00:54
Stats
September + 64.12 Points :laugh:laugh:laugh
(*16)

(*24)

September + 64.12 Points.....fantastic mate, no wonder your laughing

Merlin
17th September 2007, 01:15
Well done to you , M…you made a profit today…..

My Points target for the season is 100…..Just need more winning months than losing ones….:laugh

Merlin
17th September 2007, 03:25
MONDAY FOOTY BETS

Bohemians v Shamrock Rovers
AWAY WIN @ 3.00 or better...
6 POINTS
(in running game with Betfair)
……………………………………………………………

THE DERBY GAME IS A PADDY POWER SPECIAL….
Any red card given to a player on the field – all losing home, draw and away stakes refunded…..

Derby County v Newcastle
HOME WIN @ 100/30 with Paddy Power = 3 POINTS
DRAW @ 9/4 with Paddy Power = 2 POINTS
………………………………………………………………………..

11 POINTS STAKED IN TOTAL…

Merlin
17th September 2007, 19:04

3.45 for this game

monty
17th September 2007, 19:16
Oops Sorry Mate ...:splapme

I've went against you tonight. I've went for the Draw in the Bohs game, and also a draw in the Derby match. 2 Singles and a Double. :Bolt:

Merlin
17th September 2007, 19:35
Good Luck, M....

Draws are real possibility......but that Shamrock price is big..and they are well capable.....

Derby...well.......Newcastle have a reputation being bad travellers...and lets hope they are not bad, bad diabolical travelers :laugh....but I do fancy Derby to get something......hence cover on the draw....but they may get hammered....again...:laugh

monty
17th September 2007, 19:45
I only went for the draw because my Irish sheet has it down as one, but as you said said Shamrock Rovers are a big price tonight, and they know how to score goals, so you could be onto a winner.

Good Luck Mate!

monty
17th September 2007, 21:54
MONDAY FOOTY BETS

6 POINTS
(in running game with Betfair)
……………………………………………………………

THE DERBY GAME IS A PADDY POWER SPECIAL….
Any red card given to a player on the field – all losing home, draw and away stakes refunded…..

Derby County v Newcastle
HOME WIN @ 100/30 with Paddy Power = 3 POINTS
DRAW @ 9/4 with Paddy Power = 2 POINTS
………………………………………………………………………..

11 POINTS STAKED IN TOTAL…

Well Done Midas....:D

Merlin
17th September 2007, 21:56
What another great day……wahoo…….:laugh:laugh:laugh

Mug OUFC
17th September 2007, 21:57
Incredible pick on derby merlin, where the **** did that come from :yikes::thumbs

Merlin
17th September 2007, 21:59
Incredible pick on derby merlin, where the **** did that come from :yikes::thumbs

You gotta have faith…:yikes:….

Mind you, they will get stuffed next time:laugh

I remember in the play-off final against West Brom…I backed them….everyman and his dog were on Brom…

Mug OUFC
17th September 2007, 22:01
Yeah..but why? :D

Merlin
17th September 2007, 22:08
We are in the zone for September…incredible month so far….:yikes:

Stats
September + 86.18 Points :laugh:laugh:laugh
(*16)

(*24)

monty
17th September 2007, 22:17
Stats
September + 86.18 Points :laugh:laugh:laugh
(*16)

And to think you were trying to get 100 points over the whole season...:laugh

Merlin mate, what's the (*16)

Merlin
17th September 2007, 22:20
Well , that’s what I set out to do…get 100 Points come May….hopefully I can retain the momentum..and get more…but I will have losing months, of course…

The * is just a personal reminder for me….the figure after the *star is what I consider I have lost on making bad bets for that month….

The idea is to see it decrease as the season unfolds…

monty
17th September 2007, 22:34
Eh! :yikes: you've made 86.18pts profit this month? and also had what you consider 16 bad bets. Have I got that right M? you've had 16 bad bets this month or is it 16 points lost doing bad bets?

Merlin
17th September 2007, 22:37
16 Points :laugh lost what I consider were bad...after the event of course...

monty
17th September 2007, 22:45
That's not so bad then, I thought you had 16 bad bets...lol

Merlin
18th September 2007, 00:00
TUESDAY FOOTY
…………………………..

Wolverhampton v Hull
HOME @ 1.67

Cheltenham v Swansea
AWAY @ 2.62

Scunthorpe v Preston
HOME @ 2.25

Halifax v Northwich
HOME @ 1.66

Stevenage v Farsley Celtic
HOME @ 1.40

5 X 2 POINT 4 TIMERS
1 X 1 POINT ACCA

11 POINT BET

Merlin
18th September 2007, 00:05
PLEASE NOTE THERE IS A BET CHANGE IN THE ABOVE – OR A STAKING CHANGE ANYWAY…

THE BET IS AS FOLLOWS:

5 X 1 POINT 4 TIMERS
1 X 1 POINT ACCA

6 POINT BET

Ps* Think I was being too ambitious laying out 11 points intitally….:laugh

monty
18th September 2007, 08:13
TUESDAY FOOTY
…………………………..

Wolverhampton v Hull
HOME @ 1.67

Cheltenham v Swansea
AWAY @ 2.62

Scunthorpe v Preston
HOME @ 2.25

Halifax v Northwich
HOME @ 1.66

Stevenage v Farsley Celtic
HOME @ 1.40

5 X 1 POINT 4 TIMERS
1 X 1 POINT ACCA

6 POINT BET

A big price for Swansea? that bet should pay well if they all come in..:D

Good Luck Mate

Mug OUFC
18th September 2007, 08:42
Merlin my good man. I am opening a blue square account as they are putting up big prices for the conference games. They have a £25 bet match offer for new accounts..but apparently it has to be a win single (although it does say "Multiple bets count as one bet." :geek ).

Could you suggest one of your selections as your most confident that i could put in that single?

One would be terrifically grateful, dont you know :happyboun

Mug OUFC
18th September 2007, 10:20
Any thoughts on the Celtic tonight monty?

monty
18th September 2007, 10:33
Any thoughts on the Celtic tonight monty?

I didn't even bother to look at that game because Celtic have a dreadful away record 1 draw 12 defeats. But you never know it could be worth a bet on the Asian Handicap +0.5 Price 1.90 This give you Celtic and the Draw?

I'm more interested to know why Morton are 1.60 tonight in the Challenge Cup against East Stirling. Morton are in the 1st Division and East Stirling are in the 3rd Division. Morton have been poor lately but I would have thought their squad being full time they should be good enough to beat the part timers of East Stirling.

Mug OUFC
18th September 2007, 10:47
Yeah i was looking at betting shaktar bearing in mind celtics home/away record. Evens looks a big price?

You know far more about the teams than me, and 1.6 does sound big if there is 2 divisons difference, but as a supporter of a full time team in a league which still contains part time teams, I can tell you it doesnt necessarily follow that the full timers will win, especially away from home :ermmm

monty
18th September 2007, 11:18
Yeah i was looking at betting shaktar bearing in mind celtics home/away record. Evens looks a big price?

You know far more about the teams than me, and 1.6 does sound big if there is 2 divisons difference, but as a supporter of a full time team in a league which still contains part time teams, I can tell you it doesnt necessarily follow that the full timers will win, especially away from home :ermmm

That's true.... but I think East Stirling might struggle against Morton tonight. Morton will take a hell of a big support to this game and I think they will win. I'm waiting on team sheets and info before placing any bets.

Merlin
18th September 2007, 11:48
Merlin my good man. I am opening a blue square account as they are putting up big prices for the conference games. They have a £25 bet match offer for new accounts..but apparently it has to be a win single (although it does say "Multiple bets count as one bet." :geek ).

Could you suggest one of your selections as your most confident that i could put in that single?

One would be terrifically grateful, dont you know :happyboun

:yikes:....Stevenage.......got to be...Stevenage

Did I say Stevenage..?

Skittle
18th September 2007, 11:51
East Stirling are resurgent this season, but the gulf should be too large. We await the team news before pressing ahead.

Mug OUFC
18th September 2007, 12:04
:yikes:....Stevenage.......got to be...Stevenage

Did I say Stevenage..?

Did someone say stevenage? :lickme

:thumbs

Mug OUFC
18th September 2007, 12:38
I feel that Saturdays are my biggest test of discipline. Sundays are coming close as well. The week ends are when I have less free time available, so I have to be concentrated.

Tonight is seriously testing my discipline

- Nearly a full programme in the conference so Im on three teams there and a single
- Merlin has put up some nice selections here and is on a roll, would like to follow him (although 2 selections are in my conference bet and i dont trust his swansea bets :D )
- Gooners stats sheets are putting up some decent historical profits too and i would like to follow those bets...and i will prob watch a champs league game if im in so would be nice to have money on for interest

Thats a lot of bets and eggs in baskets for a tuesday night...:yikes:

Skittle
18th September 2007, 19:37
I feel the same tonight, tread carefully.

Mug OUFC
18th September 2007, 19:43
Ive left gooners bets alone

monty
18th September 2007, 19:52
Where do you guys check your scores when your online?

Merlin
18th September 2007, 19:57
http://www.livexscores.com/index.php?p=&dlzka=2084

monty
18th September 2007, 20:08
Cheers M

I've been using:

www.flashscore.com

Merlin
18th September 2007, 21:45
A return of nearly 14 points for tonights bet…profit of 7.70POINTS…Yipee.......:laugh…..would have been a MASSIVE PAYDAY if Wolves would have won….

BET TONIGHT BRAZIL SERIE B

SANTA CRUZ v PAULISTA
HOME WIN @ 1.70 with Bet365
6 POINTS (ensures a profitable day if it góes tits-up)….

Mug OUFC
18th September 2007, 21:51
well done M :Kilt:

how do swansea keep coming back from a goal down

monty
18th September 2007, 21:56
Well Done Merlin...:thumbs

Merlin
18th September 2007, 22:07
Just went to place my bet on Santa Cruz with BET365…and they have put a limit on me of five pound :laugh……

So the bet is now with Centrebet @ 1.65

monty
18th September 2007, 23:05
Just went to place my bet on Santa Cruz with BET365…and they have put a limit on me of five pound :laugh……

So the bet is now with Centrebet @ 1.65

M......The word must be getting about. The bookies must have found out about your Midas touch...:D

Is that just £5 on that bet, or is it a fiver on all bets?

Merlin
18th September 2007, 23:23
Just the Brazil footy Markets….for now…

Merlin
19th September 2007, 00:20
WEDNESDAY FOOTY BET
……………………………………..

Southampton v Colchester
HOME @ 1.80
8 POINTS

St. Albans City v Thurrock
HOME @ 1.83
6 POINTS

14 POINTS STAKED

monty
19th September 2007, 02:35
A return of nearly 14 points for tonights bet…profit of 7.70POINTS…Yipee.......:laugh…..would have been a MASSIVE PAYDAY if Wolves would have won….

BET TONIGHT BRAZIL SERIE B

SANTA CRUZ v PAULISTA
HOME WIN @ 1.70 with Bet365
6 POINTS (ensures a profitable day if it góes tits-up)….

Well Done Mate....:thumbs

Skittle
19th September 2007, 02:43
I held my discipline admirably, and I'm miffed. Everything I looked at and thought about went in. Limited things to Milan, Stevenage and a lay of Porto, so I'll have to be happy with some winnings.