PDA

View Full Version : money question cos im THAT stupid.

peza2605
27th November 2007, 19:54
im too tired to think at the moment , anyway if you open a bank account is it better to have interest paid monthly or annually, and what does AER mean?

and any good recommendations for what type of account? say for about 9 years?

cheers.

TheOldhamWhisper
27th November 2007, 20:01
<LI type=disc>AER is totally different - It's only used in relation to savings and interest based investments <LI type=disc>It's all about the rate of interest you'll receive on your money <LI type=disc>AER means “annual equivalent rate”. It shows the true rate of interest you will have received by the end of the year taking into account the regularity of which interest is added to the account (as the payment frequency has a compounding affect on the amount of interest you receive) <LI type=disc>The AER calculation also removes the affect of any promotional offer that disappear after a few months - a popular trick used by banks and other institutions to boost their savings products to the top of the Best Buy tables
(extract from www.investorprofit.com (http://www.investorprofit.com))

Probably the best bet long term is tha ISA http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/leaflets/isa.htm

Littlegaz
27th November 2007, 20:11
AER - what TOW said.
As for interest, generally you'll get a better rate if you take it less frequently. Monthly interest means more admin for the banks so they'll recover their enormous back-breaking costs by offering a lower rate, the poor impoverished little lambs :anger

peza2605
27th November 2007, 21:56
thanks geezers... i shall read this properly when im having my massage tomorrow..

Win2Win
27th November 2007, 23:06
AER - what TOW said.
As for interest, generally you'll get a better rate if you take it less frequently. Monthly interest means more admin for the banks so they'll recover their enormous back-breaking costs by offering a lower rate, the poor impoverished little lambs :anger

:laugh

samantha1303
27th November 2007, 23:09
thanks geezers... i shall read this properly when im having my massage tomorrow..

Massage ?? When?? Where?? From whom ???

mathare
27th November 2007, 23:17
Massage ?? When?? Where?? From whom ???9am. Peza's house. You.

Don't be late, eh. :wink

scoobydoo
27th November 2007, 23:19
Massage ?? When?? Where?? From whom ???

9am. Peza's house. You.

Don't be late, eh. :wink

& dont forget your Beechams! :wink Get well soon Sam..:)

samantha1303
27th November 2007, 23:20
:) I'll be there at 8.30am

I'll take me straws for the medicine, I'm not getting disturbed :thumbs

peza2605
27th November 2007, 23:20
eh?

peza2605
27th November 2007, 23:29
yes,1pm, here ,lianne

Littlegaz
28th November 2007, 19:52
yes,1pm, here ,lianne
So how was it for you Peza?

Did you get any .... erm ... "extras"?

peza2605
29th November 2007, 11:41
certainly not:yikes: the missus was sitting on the sofa, blood would have been spilt:D

seriously though it was really good, although i was quite tense as i know her,(she works nights where i work) so it was a bit weird. and she is nice looking too. had to be er.......careful shall we say.especially when she was doing my knees.:D