PDA

View Full Version : I Am Legend

piggy
25th December 2007, 19:21
i watched a screener of this last night and was dissapointed, if they were going to do a remake of charlton heston's - the omega man why not just do a remake and not a repackaging, lets be fair as nice as will smith is he's no charlton heston and the slight changes to the plot were not an improvement to the original. even the advances in special effects were just a titilation and did nothing to improve on the original film. to be fair it's not a bad film just not a very good one so save the cinema money and rent the original and watch a real classic.

bigcumba
26th December 2007, 08:01
I'm going to be pedantic here.... the Heston film is actually a remake of an earlier movie called The Last Man ON Earth with Vincent Price... all based on the classic Richard Matheson book... so really the new version isn't so much a remake of the Heston film as a re-telling of the Matheson story. It is getting rave reviews, and has the highest IMDB rating of the 3 versions... strangely the Heston version is rated lowest of the 3.... though I think it is a classic.