PDA

View Full Version : FAO Iron Chris

vegyjones
29th January 2008, 12:44
I saw Billy Sharp came off the bench for Sheffield United in their FA Cup game t'other day. and it got me to wondering.

I haven't seen his name on the scoresheet too often for the Blades. Why hasn't he been a success up there? In comparison, Andy Keogh seems to be making a good name for himself up at Wolves. I always assumed it would be Sharp who was more likely to be Pemiership bound than Keogh!

mathare
29th January 2008, 13:33
And I hear Norwich (?) are after Martin Paterson too. Who needs strikers, eh?

Iron Chris
29th January 2008, 22:01
VEGY - I think his problem was going to a club with a lot of strikers and not getting off the mark early. They haven't played to his strengths either, he seems to drop off a lot and be played right up looking for everything that comes his way. Maybe he made the wrong move, but he went to the team he has supported throughout his life.

MAT - A bit worried about this one Mat, we have seriously derailed after a promising start to the season and I thnik that losing Paterson in the next couple of days would be the final nail.

VEGY - Further talk in the Paterson transfer is a possible chance of us getting Ryan Jarvis as part of the deal, wasn't he on fire with you on loan at the end of last season?

vegyjones
29th January 2008, 22:33
VEGY - Further talk in the Paterson transfer is a possible chance of us getting Ryan Jarvis as part of the deal, wasn't he on fire with you on loan at the end of last season?

Yes... he came and scored a hat trick in his second game, 2 in the game after that and then 1 in his next 11.

Funny you should mention him, because there is talk that we are one of the teams after getting him back on loan!

... FIGHT :D

vegyjones
31st January 2008, 23:16
Jarvis has gone on loan to Notts County :doh

And Neil Lennon has signed for Wycombe :yikes: