scoobydoo
31st January 2008, 17:54
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/7220599.stm

vegyjones
31st January 2008, 18:58
Good coup for the Pompey I think!

mathare
31st January 2008, 21:30
Harry has worked with him before and has always said he'd love to have him at the club

MattR
31st January 2008, 21:31
No news of him actually signing yet though. Transfer agreed but it's all down to whether he wants to sign now. Fingers crossed! Benjani off to Man City if so.

Win2Win
31st January 2008, 21:47
All the agents phones must be warm tonight!

MattR
1st February 2008, 11:56
Really pleased with this signing, finally got a player that's a natural striker. The Benjani deal is still up in the air apparently as the Premier League are looking at it and it still may go through. If he stays he could be a good foil for Defoe but if not I still think we've got a much better deal out of it seeing as they appeared to go for similar prices. 8.5m for Benjani? Hard working, good team player, but fairly limited and regularly will go 10+ games without a goal. No wonder Harry snatched his hand off.

scoobydoo
1st February 2008, 12:07
Really pleased with this signing, finally got a player that's a natural striker. The Benjani deal is still up in the air apparently as the Premier League are looking at it and it still may go through. If he stays he could be a good foil for Defoe but if not I still think we've got a much better deal out of it seeing as they appeared to go for similar prices. 8.5m for Benjani? Hard working, good team player, but fairly limited and regularly will go 10+ games without a goal. No wonder Harry snatched his hand off.

Yes good buy Matt...he'll score a few for you...he does miss a bit but then he gets in the right places doesnt he. Was reading about Benjani this morning and they seem to blaming him for not getting to Manchester in time dont they? I bet Pompey will want the deal to go through alright...Im not sure I would pay that for him!

MattR
1st February 2008, 12:14
Yes, it makes you wonder if he doesn't want to go. It seemed yesterday that both deals hinged on each other but seemingly not as Defoe's is done and dusted. Although that may be true in which case I don't expect Gaydamak will be impressed with a 9m bill and no offsetting fee coming the other way! However he's continually put in the money for players so I don't think it was crucial that money came in before a player could be bought. He paid 5m for Diarra two weeks back so the money is obviously there.

When you look at it as a goal threat, last week we started with Nugent and Benjani, this week possibly with Defoe and Baros (assuming Benjani goes), I know which pair has more goals in it.

peza2605
1st February 2008, 13:48
with all these defenders spurs have bought, will they stop ronaldo tomorrow?, hope benjani scores tomorrow as well..

MattR
1st February 2008, 14:36
hope benjani scores tomorrow as well..

He's not due for a few games yet! :D