http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/wear/7291597.stm

Surprise surprise...he lost! :doh

Win2Win
12th March 2008, 12:25
Will he sue?

vegyjones
12th March 2008, 13:07
Bloody good job!

Now lets hope that fella claiming £300k off Marks and Spencer gets told where to shove it too!

Win2Win
12th March 2008, 13:31
Bloody good job!

Now lets hope that fella claiming £300k off Marks and Spencer gets told where to shove it too!

Years ago they'd have accepted a free bag of grapes & bunch of flowers and that was that. Accidents happen. Shouldn't M&S sue the plonker for destruction of non-paid for property?

scoobydoo
12th March 2008, 13:38
Bloody good job!

Just read that....its amazing what people will do today to make a few bucks isnt it? :rolleyes:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7289051.stm

Maybe they couldve offered him a night out with Dervla Kirwan as compo...I wouldve taken that! :thumbs

MattR
14th March 2008, 00:21
Just saw this. Wouldn't it be great if they threw it out and made him pay all the costs on top for being a :icon_tong

I can't stand this sue culture that we've picked up from America. Doesn't the word accident, mean it was just that? A grape on his shoe made him slip. So he carried it all the way from the shop until finally under the sheer danger he was under fate took it's course and brought him to the ground. :censored:

peza2605
14th March 2008, 00:25
Bloody good job!

i got a bra from marks and sparks. it chafes should i claim?

MattR
14th March 2008, 00:28
Only if you bought the food there that led to the root cause of the chafing. :D

vegyjones
14th March 2008, 00:32
The fella's case got thrown out and he has been left with £15k's worth of costs :D

Thge judge said that we must accept that "accidents do happen"

Finally, some common sense shown in the judiciary!

Win2Win
14th March 2008, 10:08
I would imagine M&S didn't do the right thing either though.

When that horse jumped into the enclosure at Lingfield (may have been Southwell) back in around 2001, and kicked the pram with the kid in it, the course management took them away, had them all checked, and gave them life-time free access to the track for the family.

If you nip it in the bud when it happens, it's all settled on the same day. Any problems I have with a customer, I sort it straight away, even if it costs me money.

MattR
14th March 2008, 14:44
The fella's case got thrown out and he has been left with £15k's worth of costs :D

Thge judge said that we must accept that "accidents do happen"

Finally, some common sense shown in the judiciary!

Yes! Finally!

eastyorkshireracing
14th March 2008, 15:40
Dunno what he's whinging about. It's only £2.1m, not as it he lost much :doh

Gordon