PDA

View Full Version : John Batchelor (Mansfield/Harchester)

mathare
9th April 2008, 14:11
Have a read of this Guardian blog article (http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2008/04/09/i_do_assetstrip_says_the_man_w.html)on the guy who used to own York City and now wants to buy, and rename, Mansfield Town. He apparently also approached Accrington Stanley looking to franchise them in the same way as happened to Wimbledon.

sparkyminer
9th April 2008, 15:01
WE DO NOT WANT THIS MAN ANYWHERE NEAR OUR CLUB.
The present owner is a crook but at least he keeps the club going to milk it it. This guy would put us under.:(

mathare
9th April 2008, 15:24
Yep - it would be horrible for any football club to have this man involved as it will inevitably go under

scoobydoo
9th April 2008, 15:48
Unless he wants to take over Liverpool of course :thumbs

MattR
10th April 2008, 14:56
Let's hope he doesn't get hold of them. They are in enough mess now as it is.

On a related note, it's a ridiculous state of affairs when you see clubs struggling and going out of business for sums that a player in the premier is earning in less than a month. There has to be something fundamentally wrong with that.

vegyjones
10th April 2008, 16:11
Let's hope he doesn't get hold of them. They are in enough mess now as it is.

On a related note, it's a ridiculous state of affairs when you see clubs struggling and going out of business for sums that a player in the premier is earning in less than a month. There has to be something fundamentally wrong with that.

There is...

Leyton Orient's playing budget is 1.7million pounds per season.
How can the Board justify that with an average gate of 5000.

W've got players on more than 100,000 per year which is :censored: rediculous considering we're in the third tier of English Football.

With average crowds of 5000, our top earners should be on no more than
£30-£40k per year!

Surely the idea of a Board of Directors is to make sure that the business is
financialy viable. It's a basic rule of don't spend more than you earn.

As soon as Barry Hearn :censored:'s off, we're gonna be lumbered with
a £4million debt to his Matchroom Company that he is using to subsidise
our yearly losses of £500,000.

Football is not like other businesses. Although the attraction is to fill your
ground and get to the prmiership, every team has their core support who
aren't going to disappear. This core support should be the basis of
what each club is allowed to spend so that we don't get teams chasing
the dream and falling flat on their faces and facing bankruptcy!

Street cry
10th April 2008, 16:41
batchelor is a complete moron in every way use to see him alot when he was a privateer
in the btcc, and being a regular at the crescent in those days was well aware of the consensus of opinion changed his namw to john b&q batchelor to get sponsorship in the btcc what a tool

MattR
10th April 2008, 18:44
There is...

Cut the inside out so the post wasn't too big!

That's right Vegy. And it's not just the small clubs either. Most of the Premier clubs are spending beyond their means just to try and keep up with the big four and stay on the Premier gravy train. We've spent the best part of 40 million on players since our new owner came in and I could never envisage a day when that would happen. This is a club who not so long ago went into administration. Here we are a few years on and our wage bill is over 20 million now which is just crazy. When the tv bubble bursts the walls will come crashing down on so many teams.

MattR
10th April 2008, 21:45
While we're on a footbal moan.....

1. Tickets for the cup final. Yet again a disgrace. Just under 25,000 each from a capacity of what? Almost 90,000? :ermmm

2. Prices for the fnal. Just had the semi there with tickets priced 25/35/45/55 and now for the final they are 35/60/80/95 :ermmm

mathare
10th April 2008, 21:54
1. Tickets for the cup final. Yet again a disgrace. Just under 25,000 each from a capacity of what? Almost 90,000? :ermmmDo the 10-year bond/season-ticket holders get tickets for the final but not the semis? And of course all clubs (or at least all league clubs) should get some sort of allocation for the final as they all entered the competition. And then there's the corporate jollies. But even so, 25000 each sounds a bit on the low side. Maybe the club can apply for more though, I dunno.

2. Prices for the fnal. Just had the semi there with tickets priced 25/35/45/55 and now for the final they are 35/60/80/95 :ermmmThat's just wrong! With no disrespect to either side involved, this isn't going to have the same level of attraction as it would have had were it two Premiership sides, certainly not to the neutrals. I could understand the most expensive tickets being around £70 but £95 is ridiculous!

MattR
10th April 2008, 23:25
Do the 10-year bond/season-ticket holders get tickets for the final but not the semis? And of course all clubs (or at least all league clubs) should get some sort of allocation for the final as they all entered the competition. And then there's the corporate jollies. But even so, 25000 each sounds a bit on the low side. Maybe the club can apply for more though, I dunno.

Yes the 10 year guys got tickets for the semis too. So the 'missing' 8000 odd less that each team are getting are the FA ones to clubs and corporate.

That's just wrong! With no disrespect to either side involved, this isn't going to have the same level of attraction as it would have had were it two Premiership sides, certainly not to the neutrals. I could understand the most expensive tickets being around £70 but £95 is ridiculous!

Not only that Mat, both teams have been given from about the edge of the penalty area around to the other side of the area, so an arc if you like. So it's not as if they are even the seats right in the middle of the pitch where the most expensive ones usually are.

The thing is they have you by the balls as there's not a chance I would miss this. If you support someone like Man Utd etc and you're here most years then maybe you could make a stand with your wallet but this could be a once in a lifetime thing for me and I'm not missing it! I guess they are trying to make back the money they paid for it as quickly as possible. :ermmm

I hope it backfires and they get 60,000 turn up.

vegyjones
11th April 2008, 09:13
I hope it backfires and they get 60,000 turn up.
No chance I'm afraid Mat,

Trouble is, the FA know they can get away with it just for the reasons you posted. Both Cardiff and Portsmouth could outsell 25,000 each. In fact I expect both clubs wil be applying for extra tickets.

Football realy is a dirty world at the moment!

MattR
11th April 2008, 10:04
Yep, unfortunately that's the case. As one of the 14000 odd season ticket holders it won't effect me getting a ticket but there are going to be 8000 people who were at the semi who can't go to the final which seems ridiculous.