PDA

View Full Version : Thursday (10 April) Early Races

eastyorkshireracing
10th April 2008, 12:44
Hi All,

Here are some for Thursday's early races.....

Thursday 10 April

2.10 Folkestone

Northern Tour is currently trading at 8/11 for this rubbish 5f 2-y-o Maiden. Can be seriously challenged on its poor 6th place in the Brocklesby on the opening day of the flat. Definitely bred to go further. I am going to take it on with Sorrel Ridge, purely on the Namid breeding. Namid was a top class sprinter in his day and could be the factor in helping this horse to take this rubbish race and 7/2 (and Eddie Ahern) sure does look a lot more tempting than a dodgy odds-on.

Selection: Sorrel Ridge WIN BET

2.15 Carlisle

Recent course and distance winner Royal Mackintosh is expected to go off favourite for this interesting opener at Carlisle. He did seem to have the race to himself when ridden out to win at a big price (14/1). May not find this as easy. I am going to take him on with Low Reactor (Each-Way). Not been at it's best form in recent races, but could benefit from the two month lay off. The distance should suit nicely and a price of around 8/1 makes it an interesting Each-way chance.....

Selection: Low Reactor EACH-WAY BET

2.20 Fontwell

It is hard to see past Tampa Boy an Irish import who has hit good form in this type of event. The Jockey booking looks interesting too, don't know a lot about Felix De Giles, but his record seems very good. The only question is the step up in distance (But an extra furlong or so should be ok).

Selection: Tampa Boy WIN BET

2.30 Towcester

Risky, dodgy, unpedictable..... Just about sums up this race. Looks to be between In Accord, Nikola, Polinamix & Stolen Moments. But the prices are all similar which makes it difficult. In Accord is a decent sort, but does seem to prefer further, so I am going to discount it (prob a big mistake). Polinamix is the other way and seems to be better over shorter races, so out it goes (oops). Stolen Moments always seems to find one horse better, so can be overlooked (???). That leaves Nikola, hmmmm, the trainer is not in the best of form. The Jockey is not so hot either! Should be OK over this distance and going though. So a very small stake at 4/1. Prob read that race all wrong, we shall see.....

Selection: Nikola WIN BET (Very small stakes)

Good Luck!

Gordon