PDA

View Full Version : Punter suffers agony in narrow jackpot miss at Southwell

scoobydoo
23rd April 2008, 12:51
Do you think they have found a big mountain this morning?! :ooo

A punter narrowly missed out on Tuesday on what would have been the biggest dividend in Tote Jackpot history.

His selection Graylyn Ruby was beaten a head by Ovthenight in the last race at Southwell, costing the Bet365 punter £535,472.

A massive £754,187 now rolls over to Nottingham on Wednesday and the Tote expect the pool to be near £1.5million.

Tote spokesman Paul Petrie said: "It must have been agony for this punter as it looked like Graylyn Ruby was going to get up and the bob of a head has cost him a record dividend of £535,472.

"With a jackpot of well over £1million expected on Wednesday, punters will be hoping for a bit more luck."

mathare
23rd April 2008, 12:56
I didn't have the jackpot ticket but I did have a few quid on Graylyn Ruby so I was annoyed it didn't win too!

Win2Win
23rd April 2008, 12:59
Ah well, statistically he may get another shot in his next life :)

MattR
23rd April 2008, 14:01
Did he know he was the only ticket holder left with a chance. Did they say before the race that there was only 1 person remaining? If it was me I'd have been laying it with my entire betfair balance!

Win2Win
23rd April 2008, 14:43
Did he know he was the only ticket holder left with a chance. Did they say before the race that there was only 1 person remaining? If it was me I'd have been laying it with my entire betfair balance!
£2.13 :doh

MattR
23rd April 2008, 18:34
:laugh

No, 2 million. I've been laying Vegy's tips. :D

John
24th April 2008, 22:01
Ah well, statistically he may get another shot in his next life :)

God help him! :yikes: