PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Woods

Win2Win
17th June 2008, 12:06
What a guy eh? And pulls it off with a knackered knee as well.....maybe it doesn't need fixing...Lucky Pain :yikes:

Only thing that confused me though is why they had to play am 18 hole play-off......and then play a play-off for the play-off!! :doh

bigcumba
18th June 2008, 09:27
Only thing that confused me though is why they had to play am 18 hole play-off......and then play a play-off for the play-off!! :doh

The British open used to have a full 18 hole play off until a few years back then they went to the current 4 holes followed by sudden death.... I remember Tom Watson won his first Open at Carnoustie in 1975 on an 18 hole play off against Jack Newton - this was back in the days when it ran from Wdnesay to Saturday and the play off was the Sunday.

Woods though is so far ahead of anyone else in the game these days it's difficult to see anyone challenging him for years to come. He'll certainly thrash Nicklaus' record of major wins in the next 2 or 3 years, though it has to be said competition was much tougher in the Golden Bear's day with Palmer and Player still playing well in the early days and the likes of Trevoni, Miller, Watson, Ballesteros, Irwin, Norman and Faldo all peaking during his career... Woods just doesn't have that sort of quality of competition... Mickelson, Els, Singh etc just compete with each other for next best. Take Woods out and it would be different, but while he's at the top of his game he's near as damn untouchable. It's a joy to watch, even if it's not always the most exciting of contests when he's way ahead.

Win2Win
18th June 2008, 17:51
Bloody 'ell!!! :ooo

He had a torn ligament, and a fractured tibia and still won :yikes: