PDA

View Full Version : Royal Ascot Preview - Thursday

Win2Win
19th June 2008, 10:01
2:30 Norfolk Stakes

WAFFLE looks to be outclassed, and hopefully with Frankie up it will keep the odds below 10.5 so I can lay it. As for the winner, statistically it will come from the first 4 in the RP betting F/c, and at the prices you can get a decent dutch bet on them.

3:05 Ribblesdale Stakes

MICHITA is the F/c Fav, and heavily tipped up, but like the race yesterday, this throws up random results. The Fav hasn't won since '98, and if no systems throw up the Fav, I'll be laying it.

3:45 Gold Cup

One reason I love racing (apart from for the money) is that you can watch history being made on a regular basis, and it would be fantastic to see Yeats go in again. The history of this race suggest he can as well, with a good number of horses having won it more than once. COASTAL PATH has plenty to prove yet, and is very low priced.

4:20 Britannia Stakes

Wouldn't it be great to see this race around Chester? :laugh
Fav's have won 4 out of the last years, although this race is more open than usual, and will probably split into 2 or 3 groups. I'm ignoring this race method wise.

4:55 Hampton Court

Another race with random results, and as it is a relatively new race, not many trends to go on. It would be nice to see Stoute or Cecil bag this one, and both have horses with a good chance.

5:30 King George V Stakes

Mark Johnston has already bagged 3 of the last 10 runnings of this race, and seldom leaves the Royal meeting without a winner, you can bet he's had this race worked out for a while now.

Win2Win
19th June 2008, 16:12
Well that's the forst 3 winners bagged, now for the hard races :yikes:

I ended up giving Michita out as a free A bet, and backed Yeats, and layed the 2nd. Wish it was always that easy though!

I'm backing 6 at big prices in the Britannia, not one unde 20.0 :ooo

Win2Win
19th June 2008, 16:32
43/1 Winner :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: (Members JTS)

.....anyone do any better? Someone usually does :thumbs

Win2Win
19th June 2008, 17:10
Collection.....I only got 6.8 :doh

Had all 5 winners so far :happyboun

Last race: Savarin, Colony, Missioner & Member's JTS :wink

Win2Win
19th June 2008, 17:39
:yikes: Could have had the Jackpot :ooo

Win2Win
19th June 2008, 21:23
Soooooo close, just had Lemonesse at 43/1 tonight finish 2nd :yikes:

Still, had my most profitable day of the year :REGamblMo ...now where did I put that :ReadIt: tax bill? :ass2

tophatter
19th June 2008, 22:13
nice work Keith :)

I still aint had a winner at Ascot this year. Ive backed 28 horses and they have all lost!

laffo16
20th June 2008, 00:23
had the jts system under bank barrier *DRATS*. Max Lays & System Banker performing very well lately.

Win2Win
20th June 2008, 09:01
had the jts system under bank barrier *DRATS*. Max Lays & System Banker performing very well lately.

Still counts though. Bank Barrier should only be around 30% as instructed for this one otherwise it can cost you.

Would have been nicely in profit if Lemonesse had won. :splapme

I have an idea for a new Golden Balls post :wink