PDA

View Full Version : kahn v gomez

Street cry
21st June 2008, 20:20
Amir Kahn talking big at the moment stating he would beat both diaz and Pacqiau !!!! very bold claims and personally i see that is optimistic at best and pharcicle in truth.

Kahn has plenty of speed and skill but as yet his defence and durability are questionable. Coaching change is upposed to have remedied this but with aview to tonights fight he is not abackable proposition. He should deal with Gomez but this is a decent opponent who flawed Alx arthur in five .
should meke for agood fight but Kahn must take care of business early here in my opinion to justify his pretentions as aserious contender for a world belt.

bigcumba
21st June 2008, 23:09
Jeez what a start! :yikes: Gomez is one tough nut to crack.... looks like Khan has some serious boxing to do to take this guy out

GlosRFC
21st June 2008, 23:23
No contest in the end...Gomez landed one punch but lost every other round convincingly. Ref did the right thing in my mind...Gomez is a fighter, rather than a boxer, which usually means they don't know when they're beaten and keep coming back for more punishment.

bigcumba
21st June 2008, 23:36
Agreed, Gomez was certainly more a fighter than a boxer, the sort that makes for an exciting fight to watch though. He gave Khan a bit of a fright with the semi-knockdown and that body shot, but not really doing much more than frustrating Khan - still a step in the right direction for Khan - but is he World class yet? I don't think so just yet, but he's getting there.... this time next year maybe?

scoobydoo
21st June 2008, 23:38
I think Gomez showed that Khan isnt the finished article yet, there are surely better fighters out there at world level who would have had him in big trouble tonight dont you think? It also cant feel very good when youre hitting someone with all you have and they keep coming back at you, but as said he got the job done in the end and Gomez will have a headache tomorrow I reckon! :D It was a good nights sport really on the tv.

Street cry
22nd June 2008, 10:15
Khan is a very long way from finished article he is very poor on the inside and is vulnerable .
He is not world class and never will be in my opinion Gomez is tough and emerged last night with huge credibility but he is a 31 year old past his best fighting at what was really the wrong weight.
A world titile shot is out of the question for at least ayear for Khan he can't fight on the inside and doesn't have one punch knockout power.
Look at the lightweight division and who would he fight on aworld stage ???? Cassamayor would be possibly the weakest of the belt holders and he would crush Khan.
Khan needs to display a solid allround performance on adomestic level against proven oponents before he attempts anything more but personally i see him as overhyped and the worst thing is he believes it himself.