PDA

View Full Version : Crosshair

vegyjones
29th June 2008, 23:31
I recently installed a printer.

Now, every time I try to select a section of text, the crosshair appears and then asks me if I want to print the selected area, it doesn't allow me to cut and paste the selected area.

How do I get rid of the corsshairs, as it often doesn't let me clik on an area to start typing now. I have to left click, click on properties, and the close that box to start typing.

If anyone knows how I can stop the crosshair appearing without removing my printer, I would be eternally greatful!

MattR
29th June 2008, 23:56
Vegy, have you tried printing something from notepad to see if that works? Just wondering if it's the printer or the software you're using that may be the problem. If you have the same problem in notepad it might be worth reinstalling the printer drivers. Failing that just accept that the printer doesn't work with a Spectrum :D

vegyjones
30th June 2008, 00:10
just accept that the printer doesn't work with a Spectrum :D

That's duelling talk where I come from partner!! :Blacklistnonono:

Win2Win
30th June 2008, 09:05
Did you install the driver from the disk or the manufacturer's website? Should be the latter.

vegyjones
30th June 2008, 09:10
From thwe disk that came with it... is that the problem then, the driver.

I just thought it may be a setting hidden somewhere that I hadn't located?

Win2Win
30th June 2008, 09:34
How old is the printer? The driver supplied is probably well out of date, download the latest from the maker in the SUPPORT section.

vegyjones
30th June 2008, 10:50
I bought the printer last week.

laffo16
30th June 2008, 12:58
what editor program are you using and have you tried a different editor

Win2Win
30th June 2008, 13:55
Are you using Windows 3.1 or 98? :D