According to whom Silax?

silax
2nd September 2008, 14:39
sky sports
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4085798,00.html
ball sacks

Win2Win
2nd September 2008, 15:00
Doesn't say he's resigned!!! They just think he has. :)

CharlesBarkley
2nd September 2008, 19:02
Wouldn`t be surprised. I wonder who the next manager will be this time

mathare
2nd September 2008, 19:03
Newcastle have just announced he has NOT been sacked and they still want him in charge

TheOldhamWhisper
2nd September 2008, 19:13
Rumour has it that he was last seen outside Sportcity Stadium holding out his cap :laugh

counterfeit
5th September 2008, 16:11
I don't know why the Newcastle fans are getting so upset about him going - he was so lucky that Viduka and Owen got fit for 5 games last season and saw off relegation. If those 2 had stayed injured, Newcastle would now be playing the likes of Doncaster and Preston.

I've never had any time for him - he was one of the most over rated players I've ever seen and he was no better as a manager.

Win2Win
5th September 2008, 16:38
Bring back McLaren & Hoddle :D

silax
5th September 2008, 17:40
I don't know why the Newcastle fans are getting so upset about him going - he was so lucky that Viduka and Owen got fit for 5 games last season and saw off relegation. If those 2 had stayed injured, Newcastle would now be playing the likes of Doncaster and Preston.

I've never had any time for him - he was one of the most over rated players I've ever seen and he was no better as a manager.
well the thing is with keegan and newcastle as a football supporter of a team thats lived in the doldrums for ever since i can remember to have someone come and turn your club around the way he did last time is enough to get you excited about it.
remember we were watching the kind of football that has never been seen before and proberbly never will again. you can have all the money in the world but i doubt you will ever see a team produce the kind of football we did in the keegan mark one team. now as a manager i guess nobody really rates him as he only ever did it for us so when this guy is treated badly like the board at newcastle have done we feel some kind of loyalty to the bloke ok he proberbly wouldn't have recaptured what he had going first time round but football supporters of any club can be fickle but they can also be extreamly proud people and support there heros to the end and people who treat there hero's badly are not well thought of.

bigcumba
5th September 2008, 18:28
Just as well he has his other career to fall back on.... anyone remember this ditty from 1979.... and you can singalonga-Kev :laugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8en5y3mLJcI

HEAD OVER HEELS IN LOVE

written by Chris Norman and Pete Spencer

You make me a stranger

that's what time can do
baby you mean ev'rything to me
darling there's no danger
for all that we've been through
that anyone could love you more than me.

I've got news for you babe
all the things you do babe
make me think of how it used to be.
And it looks like I'm falling all over again
head over heals in love with you.
Yes it looks like I'm falling all over again

Will I get through to you babe
I love ev'rything you do babe,
the same old feeling this time's feeling new.
And it looks like I'm falling all over again
Yes it looks like I'm falling all over again
In love with you, in love with you.

lowe1
5th September 2008, 18:29
he had a decent start to this season as well with a creditable draw against utd and a win with newcastle playing decent football (arsenal was a blip they cou;d have done that to anyone) he found a succesfull way to play all 3 strikers with owen behind the back 2 playing well and scoring

i would have had newcastle for a top 10 finish this season but not to sure now

silax
5th September 2008, 20:02
relegation fodder now perhaps obviously with the regime in place at present assit stripping would seem to be the order of the day