PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton

Win2Win
7th September 2008, 16:19
Well that's two of the best F1 races in the last 10 years, and both won recently by Hamilton after coming from behind (as the Welsh do with the sheep :ooo).

You gotta feel for Raiky.....:doh.....OK....maybe not :laugh

What a ploy by Heidfeld, change tyres for the last lap, gain 30 seconds, and take 3rd......must have planned that from the start :rolleyes:

....and tonight we finish the Indy car season with Dixon & Castroneves fighting it out to win the Championship. :happyboun .....Sod them though.....give me Danica ::hump :icon_tong

http://bittenandbound.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/danica-patrick-si.jpg

TooTall
7th September 2008, 17:33
Well never watching F1 again what utter :censored: it is.
Demoting Hamilton to 3rd:geek Might as well give it to Ferrari now :icon_tong

mathare
7th September 2008, 17:49
What a joke!

We finally get to see some proper racing with two excellent drivers battling it out at the front with Massa ready to pounce if either made a mistake and they punish Hamilton for it. I still don't really see what he did wrong as he gave the place back to Raikkonen as they crossed the line for the end of that lap

Win2Win
7th September 2008, 17:49
...and after the incidents Ferrari got away with last week!!!

Nothing wrong with what he done. How do they figure he'd have finished 3rd anyway? :doh

mathare
7th September 2008, 17:50
How do they figure he'd have finished 3rd anyway? :dohIt was a time penalty applied after the race, just as they should have applied to Ferrari last week but bottled and it and fined them a fiver or some equally irrelevant amount :rolleyes:

Win2Win
7th September 2008, 18:04
"Illegal maneuver"

Where??

Now if it was Indy racing on a street circuit you can't block, but they don't have that rule in F1.

So as Raiky went up Hamilton's :butthead: with about 3 laps to go, would he have been demoted at the end as well? NOPE!!!

scoobydoo
7th September 2008, 20:15
I know nothing about motor racing really so playing devils advocate, surely what Hamilton did was gaining an advantage by going straight over the grass?? I know it wasnt much of an advantage as the other man was nearly level with him when they appeared on the straight but is that why the 25 sec penalty has been applied? I might be wrong but at the time I thought something might happen about it... It was a great race though I agree.

Win2Win
7th September 2008, 22:32
He was forced off the track, came back on in front of Raiky, and then yielded to let him pass, which is what the rules state you must do. How many vehicles went off and on in that race, and then yielded and never got a penalty? Quite a few I'd say.

Is it cos he's black? :doh

They are appealing, so hopefully they have some brains.

vegyjones
7th September 2008, 22:37
The worst thing (for me) is I had money on Massa to win the race,

but William Hill treat the Podium as the equivalent to the "weigh in" :(

scoobydoo
7th September 2008, 23:15
He was forced off the track, came back on in front of Raiky, and then yielded to let him pass, which is what the rules state you must do. How many vehicles went off and on in that race, and then yielded and never got a penalty? Quite a few I'd say.

That is fair. Lets hope he gets the race back like the German used to do with the stewards! :D

Win2Win
9th September 2008, 16:24
Well....It now appears the stewards have pulled a fast on here. According to the rules you have no appeal over a 'stop n go' penalty.....as they take part during the race....the fact in this case it didn't is irrelevant!! :ermmm

If he'd known, he could have changed tyres on the last lap & made up 30 seconds...and still win...

From what I hear, McLaren will still appeal, but if that fails, which no looks likely, they will go to the European Appeals Court.....this means the Championship may not be resolved until 2009 :splapme

Nice to see it is not just F1, the Indy Car stewards messed up the Championship on that side of the Pond as well. :ermmm

mathare
9th September 2008, 16:30
The stewards are only part-time too apparently

Win2Win
9th September 2008, 16:48
The stewards are only part-time too apparently
:splapme

Remember the years of crap we went through with the horse racing for the same reason? :ermmm

mathare
9th September 2008, 17:24
I see one of the stewards has spoken out and said the penalty was fair and correct as Hamilton broke Appendix L Chapter 4 Article 2 (g) of the International Sporting Code which states "The racetrack alone shall be used by drivers during a race".

They had to get to Appendix L before they told drivers they had to use the track so what the hell is in Appendix A-K?

Win2Win
9th September 2008, 17:30
So they all should be thrown out then as I think everyone left the track at some point!!!

Win2Win
12th September 2008, 21:30
The stewards decision gets even more peculiar!! :lickme

Race Control at Belgium that are in communication with the pit crews, confirmed twice that Hamilton had given the position back. Tech data also shows Hamilton reduced revs to allow Kimi to pass, and at the start/finish line he was around 7kph quicker than Hammy.

Paddy Power have it about 1/2 it'll be overturned, if it isn't...I'll just stick with the Indy Car racing next year......

Castroneves & Dixon fighting out the Championship (last race of the season) over 200 laps, and they finished 1st & 2nd....split by 1000th of a second at the line!! :ooo In fact they finished so close, the computer called the wrong result :laugh

mathare
13th September 2008, 11:24
I see the FIA have now clarified the ruling that saw Hamilton penalised. You have to give the position back and also wait another corner. At least we all know now.

But the best bit is Mark Webber's comments on it: "It is pretty clear for people to probably not attack immediately again, which wasn't mega, mega clear in the past."

So it's pretty clear what you should probably do. Great. :rolleyes:

Win2Win
13th September 2008, 11:42
Are they making this up as they go? :doh

As it is the Race Controllers that are employed by the FIA to ensure all drivers stick to the rules during the race, it is them that should be penalised for giving McLaren the incorrect information during the race!

I suppose it is like the old Jockey Club....all mates stick together, and can do no wrong even if they are clearly wrong! :splapme

McLaren are still saying they'll take it all the way through the EU courts if this appeal fails....so the 2008 Championship winner may not be known until this time next year :laugh