PDA

View Full Version : Acquired...

John
13th September 2008, 15:00
...from work, and hopefully I can strike up a discussion or two about these:

Massive Attack - three albums - Blue Lines (1991), Mezzanine (1998), 100th Window (2003). Not really heard much of Massive Attack before and that I have heard didn't exactly send shivers down my spine. What I've listened to of Blue Lines today so far has been pretty good though.

Zero 7 - Simple Things - heard this album before and it's brilliant, can't get enough. 'In the Waiting Line' is probably the best track on the album.

The Life of Clutchy Hopkins - don't know what the album's called - folksy beats and little/zero lyrics. Nice music to work to, but that's about it... unless I'm missing something! Anyone heard of 'em?

The Duke Spirit - Neptune - heard of them after a friend introduced me and they remind me a little bit of Juliette and The Licks gone a little softer. Not a bad album, this one.

CSS - Cansei De Ser Sexy - weird... I don't rightly like it.

Hot Chip - Made In The Dark - superb album, another one I've seriously overplayed recently.

Anita O'Day - All The Sad Young Men (1962) - a fantastic album from someone way before my time - an extremely talented American jazz singer.

mathare
13th September 2008, 15:07
Of that lot I have only heard of Massive Attack. Mezzanine is a really good album - not sure I have heard the others

bigcumba
13th September 2008, 15:27
Same here, I really only know Massive Attack, and not really my cup of tea... quite liked a couple of their singles but not enough to want to check out more. Anita O'Day rings a bell.... might be something my dad would know more about.

Street cry
13th September 2008, 15:31
i quite like massive attack and hot chip