PDA

View Full Version : Mr Jones

Iron Chris
4th October 2008, 20:45
Did you go to the game today vegy?

Should we have had a penalty just after half-time to make it 3-0 and did we have a player covering the line when the referee sent off Murphy?

Seems like Ling thinks that you got out of jail today and would have lost if we had kept eleven players on the pitch.

vegyjones
4th October 2008, 21:21
Mr Ogg... I was at the gae... and

You were completely outclassed, we should have won by at least double figures, and you should have had at least 5 red cards.

Now I shall remove the red and white tinted glasses :D

We did get out of jail... the game was just drifting away until the sending off. We missed a good chance just before th break, but that was probably our only effort of the first half and every time you went forward our defence were at sixes and sevens.

Regarding the Scunny penalty, I can't seem to remember any particular incident where any Scunthorpe pleadee for a penalty. I saw it mentioned on the Orient message board also using the words "blatent" but I still can't seem to jog my memory to any specific incident. I'll see if I can read anything that triggers a memory of that particular moment and let you know. If it was in the second half, it would have been right in front of where I sit so my immediate thoughts are that it couldn't have been that clear cut a penalty if I can't even remember it!

The Scunny sending off was justified. Melligan skipped past the last defender and round the keeper with an open goal. He played the ball well wide of the keeper thogh and if he hadn't been tripped might have struggled to reach the ball at a diagonal angle before your defenders gt back. But he was tripped, and even then some referees give yellow. So it was a defeinite pen, but maybe 50-50 as to whether he should have gone. So it was a fair and harsh at the same time if you get what I mean.

The sub keeper actually saved the pen, but parried the ball straight back to Boyd! Oops.

When you went down to 10, there was a clear impression that you were going to defend for all you were worth and we actually began to play some enterprising football. After we equalised however, it was anyone's guess as to who would win. You became more offensive and I was disappointed at how much time the bal spent in our half in the closing stages. Indeed you were unlucky not to nick it at the end, a shot from a tight angle only kjust being kept out by our keepers legs!

The wind had an effect on the game, and it wasn't the best to watch, but it had moments of quality and definitely hinged on the sending off.

Iron Chris
4th October 2008, 21:26
Thanks mate, a good honest verdict delivered there...:thumbs

Adkins says that the "Penalty" not given at the start of the second half was the the most blatant that he has seen when Hayes was pushed as he was about to head the ball in....................allegedly...:wink

vegyjones
4th October 2008, 21:31
Adkins says that the "Penalty" not given at the start of the second half was the the most blatant that he has seen when Hayes was pushed as he was about to head the ball in....................allegedly...:wink

Hmm, I remember one of your players gesticulating wildly, I thought that was because he thought he should have had a corner instead of the goal kick the refereee gave. I don't remember any of tyour other lads appealing, and if it is the incident I'm thinking of, then that would have been extremely harsh I think!

Iron Chris
4th October 2008, 21:35
Always interesting to get the view form the other side of the fence and how differently incidents are seen.

At least Murphy should only miss the JPT game against Grimsby on Tuesday but I think we lose Pearce & McCann to internationals for next weeks league game so enforced changes for us then.

How do you see your season going now that things are taking shape?

vegyjones
4th October 2008, 22:10
Not too good. We're severly lacking in squad depth. Every team that come have a longer list of players in the programme. Looks like the people upstairs have gone from having quantity to having quality which is a good thing but eaves us vulnerable.

We can play really well, but too often we are having off days this season, and things look dodgy at the back.

The fans seem to have lost patience with the club and Martin Ling's inability to bring players in over the sumnmer, which is quite rediculous considering we have iproved year on year under Martin Ling's 5 year reign.

There may be some unsettement within the club as it looks as though Lingy could be off anytime soon. He's being linked with every single job that comes up lately, and he normally doesn't outright deny that he wants to move which is a worry!

If he leaves, I think we'll end up in a dog fight. If he stays, I think we'll have to settle for mid-table this season!