PDA

View Full Version : Man City v Hull City

jonahjones
26th December 2008, 20:15
I don't know whether anyone saw this earlier but quite an unusual thing happened at haf-time during this match.

With his team 4-0 down, Hull manager Phil Brown decided to give his teamtalk on the pitch, with his players sitting down in one of the penalty areas!

He was pointing and gesturing towards every player and, because it was cold, you could see the steam coming out of his ears. :)

I think it is fair to say that he wasn't a happy bunny.

I wouldn't mind, they had only lost one away game prior to today - and that was at Old Trafford. They have already played at The Emirates and Anfield securing a win and a draw respectively. :yikes:

John
26th December 2008, 20:33
Heard about that and thought it was a bit out of order to be honest. Why humiliate your players further? Doesn't matter how badly they play, at least take them into the dressing room to give the half time talk. I thought what the manager did was completely out of character to be honest.

Win2Win
26th December 2008, 20:41
I'd let anyone humiliate me for £100,000 a week :)

counterfeit
27th December 2008, 11:20
I'd let anyone humiliate me for £100,000 a week :)

Wouldn't we all but I doubt anybody at Hull is on half that.

It was an interesting thing to do and maybe the point was to make sure they didn't get warm andrelaxed in the dressing room (or maybe Phil Brown coaches his son's Under 12s on a sunday morning and forgot where he was).

A lot of fuss has been made about it but to be honest all of us park players put up with that every week.