PDA

View Full Version : Grimsby complete double signing

John
9th January 2009, 02:10
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/g/grimsby_town/7817491.stm

Wow! :yikes: Are they any good? Stuart Elliot rings a bell, I think he's played for a Premiership team before. Or maybe I'm thinking of somebody else...

lowe1
9th January 2009, 09:11
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/g/grimsby_town/7817491.stm

Wow! :yikes: Are they any good? Stuart Elliot rings a bell, I think he's played for a Premiership team before. Or maybe I'm thinking of somebody else...

Stuart elliot played for hull in championship john was pretty good put suffered with poor stamina league 2 about his level but should be a good signing for you

mathare
9th January 2009, 10:48
These are both excellent signings.

Elliott will probably sign on a permanent deal as he still lives in Ull and isn't get a look in at his current club. He apparently has an asthma condition (which could be why he seems to have stamina issues) but he's a great signing. We needed more goal threat and that's what he provides.

Sinclair is trying to put himself in the shop window so he won't be a long-term signing but we should get some good performances out of him if he is really trying to attract a new employer

mathare
9th January 2009, 10:49
Oh, and we've also started to make the loan deals we had before permanent. JPK and Proudlock have signed I think, and hopefull Atkinson will follow too.

Newell is building an excellent squad for next season. Forget the rest of this one really, it's all about next season now.

John
9th January 2009, 11:30
That's great to know that a lot of the loan deals are being made permanent Mat. I don't know an awful lot about JPK other than that he's a striker and he scores a couple now and again. Anyway it's pleasing to know about Elliot - he's a great player by the sounds of it... even if he only plays 60 minutes per game he could be a massive threat.

mathare
9th January 2009, 11:41
That's great to know that a lot of the loan deals are being made permanent Mat. I don't know an awful lot about JPK other than that he's a striker and he scores a couple now and again. He's more a combative midfielder I'd say. He's a very popular player and seems to shine for us. It also sounds like Oldham don't want him any more so I think he'll make the move permanent if he hasn't already.

Anyway it's pleasing to know about Elliot - he's a great player by the sounds of it... even if he only plays 60 minutes per game he could be a massive threat.Certainly sounds like a great signing. I've been impressed by Newell's activity in the transfer market