PDA

View Full Version : Benitez launches Ferguson attack

scoobydoo
9th January 2009, 16:09
Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez has launched a furious attack on Manchester United counterpart Sir Alex Ferguson. Benitez claims that Ferguson is "the only manager who will not be punished" for verbally attacking referees."We had a meeting about the respect campaign and I was very clear - forget about it, because Mr Ferguson is killing the referees," said Benitez.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/7820615.stm

In the next paragraph,

'Ferguson was given a two-game touchline ban and fined £10,000 in November for remonstrating with referee Mike Dean.' :ermmm:icon_tong

John
9th January 2009, 16:11
Does Benitez ever stop :censored: whinging? He's nearly as Arsey as Wenger. :rolleyes:

scoobydoo
9th January 2009, 16:31
Does Benitez ever stop :censored: whinging? He's nearly as Arsey as Wenger. :rolleyes:

After reading the full version now, it looks like he has fallen into Fergies masterplan! Will they never learn? :laugh

vegyjones
9th January 2009, 17:07
Fergie does know how to rile them doesn't he!

jonahjones
10th January 2009, 12:51
Benitez has bitten on the smallest and most predictable bait imaginable.

Fergie is a master of mind games and, because Liverpool appear to be mounting a serious challenge for once, he is obviously grateful to have a new player in the game having grown bored with Wenger, Mourinho, Grant et al.

jonahjones
10th January 2009, 12:58
"I want to talk about facts," said Benitez.

"Mr Ferguson is killing the referees," said Benitez.

I wonder if the Police will get involved?! :)

Win2Win
10th January 2009, 13:09
Referees are killing the game - FACT :D

bigcumba
10th January 2009, 13:17
Fergie is a master of mind games and, because Liverpool appear to be mounting a serious challenge for once, he is obviously grateful to have a new player in the game having grown bored with Wenger, Mourinho, Grant et al.

That pretty much sums it up. Fergie has seen off all the others when it comes to the psychological battles... he's in a different league altogether, and the rest of them seem to keep falling for it time after time. As Scooby says as well, they never learn, and now he has a different opponent to torment he's upped his game again.