PDA

View Full Version : Premier Relegation Betting

lowe1
29th January 2009, 00:20
Just looking on will hill and had a small flutter on hull to finish in the bottom 3

odds are

Stoke 4/11
West Brom 2/5
Middlesbrough 9/4
Portsmouth 5/2
Hull 11/4
Newcastle 3/1
Bolton 9/2
Blackburn 9/2

i honestly think middlebrough and portsmouth will be strong enough in the long run to ecape the battle and bolton and blackburn are picking up points and still have to play stoke and west brom

i think it will be between hull and newcastle

Newcastle will lose given this week to man city and that will be a devastating blow the only upshot is that harper has signed a new deal but i just cannot see them winning games under Kinear

Hull Havent won in 9 games and dont look like winning at the minute, only 6 points behind west brom who are bottom and have the 3rd worst goal difference with -15, they done so well to begin with as they were unknown and now team have found them out they are rapidly sliding down the table.

so therefore anyone looking to have a bet i would say best options are
newcastle @ 3/1 or hull @ 11/4

MattR
29th January 2009, 11:47
i honestly think middlebrough and portsmouth will be strong enough in the long run to ecape the battle

If we play like we did against Villa then I think we'll be ok. However I am tempted to bet the 4.20 on betfair with a view to lay off in 5 games time as the next 5 games are Fulham (A) Liverpool (H) Stoke (A) Man Utd (A) Chelsea (H). Stoke away is looking a massive game in that run, especially if we get nothing at Fulham.

I think Stoke, who are the worst team I have ever seen in the Premier (and how they kept Liverpool to two clean sheets I'll never know) will go down and West Brom. Hull are possibles for the third spot but it's very tight and could be as low as 36/37 pts to stay up with everyone beating everyone else.

scoobydoo
29th January 2009, 14:04
If we play like we did against Villa then I think we'll be ok. However I am tempted to bet the 4.20 on betfair with a view to lay off in 5 games time as the next 5 games are Fulham (A) Liverpool (H) Stoke (A) Man Utd (A) Chelsea (H). Stoke away is looking a massive game in that run, especially if we get nothing at Fulham.

I think Stoke, who are the worst team I have ever seen in the Premier (and how they kept Liverpool to two clean sheets I'll never know) will go down and West Brom. Hull are possibles for the third spot but it's very tight and could be as low as 36/37 pts to stay up with everyone beating everyone else.

By all accounts you battered Villa didnt you Matt? I reckon it'll be a close thing and normally one of the teams who look doomed manage to pull away. I think Stoke and Hull will go but any of the others mentioned could go this season, its that close.
Do you reckon Stoke are worse than Derby last season? They were pretty bad. :D

MattR
29th January 2009, 16:29
On the way they played against us earlier in the season, then yes. They could barely pass without giving the ball away and their entire gameplan consisted of winning throw ins. More effective than Derby, probably yes.

lowe1
29th January 2009, 21:21
I think is a good time for you to play liverpool, they are playing like a mid table team with some strange subs and team selections, bringing of a striker and putting a winger on when you are 1-1 and have a 20million striker on the bench is not the actions of a team chasing the premier title

I can see crouch scoring and Portsmouth getting the draw