PDA

View Full Version : Some interesting Devilfish facts u may find..er, interesting...

Profit Seeker
4th February 2009, 00:55
Always been a hero of mine, love the way he can make all the big mouth yanks look small! And blimey wikipedia seem to cover everything on this planet..how on earth do they do this? Must have like millions of people all researching the facts!!! crazy :yikes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Ulliott

counterfeit
4th February 2009, 13:51
All of which are portrayed far more accurately in Swimming With The Devilfish (a book he co-operated with).

It is a brilliant read for anybody interested in Poker but it's not a book on how to play. It is about the characters in Poker.

mathare
4th February 2009, 14:40
I've read a few books about poker that aren't strategy books. Nice to get a view of the characters around the tables too. I recently read Amarillo Slim's book - not bad. Been meaning to get Sleeping with the Devilfish for a while now

MattR
4th February 2009, 15:33
. Been meaning to get Sleeping with the Devilfish for a while now

Is that a sequel Mat? Not a freudian slip I hope :laugh

mathare
4th February 2009, 15:45
Is that a sequl Mat? Not a freudian slip I hope :laugh:splapme My brain is in a very confused state today :helper

gallopscope
20th February 2009, 01:23
I Was in the bookies in Maidstone kent when i got talking to a fella - devilfish as i found out .
As we got chatting he asked me if there was another bookies about - i explained to him where it was . He asked me if i mind showing him where it was - i thought we were walking down - but no - we got in his car ( some 200k thing ) and drove to the bookies.
He then parked on double yellow lines and said ah that dont matter i will pay the fine.
We were in the bookies and he told me his mate was coming up - tony g - sitting there and this tony g said this horse would win - i had £200 win at 4s , Devilfish £2000 and tony g phoned his bet through , later teling devilfish he had $40k australian dollars on it - it won !!
That evening they were playing poker at maidstone tv studios and asked me if i wanted to go along - so i did.
Anyway i ended up in the greenroom with about 20 pros - and any conversation discussed was money. I had a pizza with all of them lol - and not really being into poker i found it quite boring but the conversations were terrific..oh there was a women player there about 25 who won a big tourney in london.
Anyway ive told people about that and some dont beleive me lol ..its no big deal - hes not celeb or world famous ( only in poker world ) but a decent chap all the same.................................he also owned a racehorse called DEVILFISHPOKERDOTCOM which won a couple.........

Profit Seeker
24th February 2009, 11:22
If that story IS true then ur one lucky mofo! And if you were into ur poker ud have needed ur pants changing by the time u got home that's for sure! Though I can't quite imagine that him, Tony G and most other poker players are a huuuuge amount down in sports gamblings. A girl won the London WSOP main event in 2007 who was 18...not sure if that's who u saw and they wound u up about her age...name's Annette.

mathare
1st March 2009, 21:35
I've only just got back from a long holiday and in reading up on what I have missed I have seen all sorts of claims and stories from our new member and I'm sorry but this smacks of complete crap!

Actually, scrap that, I'm not sorry at all.

Profit Seeker
4th March 2009, 17:51
lol oh I see, bit of a jackanory eh? oh well, interesting fantasy all the same :ooo