PDA

View Full Version : The 'new' Reggie Perrin

bigcumba
24th April 2009, 22:07
The first I heard that this was on the way I initially thought it was sacrilege to even try and remake such a landmark series and iconic character that Leonard Rossiter so brilliantly made his own.... but then I heard it was Martin Clunes who was taking the lead role... he's a brilliant comedy actor so I was a bit more open minded about the new version. Then it came out that the original series writer was heavily involved in shaping the scripts for this one too.... even more promising! I just watched the first episode and was mightily impressed. The writing is on a par with the original, Clunes is superb and there were a lot of bellylaugh moments through it. If you missed it I suggest you catch it on iPlayer! I do imagine though it will seriously divide opinion among those old enough to remember the classic original, but I'm hooked already.

peza2605
24th April 2009, 22:47
is it a series or a one off?

vegyjones
24th April 2009, 23:17
It got slated in the London Light today (a free London newspaper).

Not that that particular critic is anyone who should be listened to, in fact I've never heard him say a good word aboiut any TV show!

bigcumba
24th April 2009, 23:21
is it a series or a one off?

It's a full new series Peza. Ah, critics Vegy... what do they know!? I reckoned this would be shot down by plonkers like that.:rolleyes:

Win2Win
25th April 2009, 08:36
I've never seen the point in remaking anything, especially comedy programs.

Faulty Towers II, main star, Alastair Darling