PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Flights!

Win2Win
1st June 2009, 20:37
:rolleyes:

Not being morbid here, but after a major air accident the company involved always faces a downturn in business, resulting in empty seats. As they must have as many bums on the planes as possible, you can get some very cheap tickets if you hold out, or call them direct and barter.

This has been proven after every major incident, but hardly anyone does it, choosing to ignore the airline for awhile, when the chances of 2 major distasters in a row is extremely small (unless it is Afghan airlines!!)

barrelmaniac
2nd June 2009, 10:23
im already booked up with air france for a flight across the atlantic at the end of june- could have been the plane i was due to fly on that crashed!

Win2Win
9th June 2009, 11:04
I just realised, that was the model of plane I flew on last time :omg:

Odds on they find the boxes. They found them a few 1000ft down from a downed plane in the Indian Ocean a few years back and we have better technology now.

What I don't understand it, if the plane gives out automated messages via satellite, why does it not transmit its GPS position, and aircraft data? It only uses a few bytes of bandwidth.

vegyjones
9th June 2009, 11:34
You should suggest it, might make you millions! (On top of the millions you already have :D )

MattR
9th June 2009, 12:38
Suggest they make them able to float while you're at it

Win2Win
9th June 2009, 13:44
Suggest they make them able to float while you're at it
...and make them bigger so all the people can climb in for safety :thumbs