PDA

View Full Version : Setanta goes into administration

scoobydoo
23rd June 2009, 16:21
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8115360.stm

I'm shocked by this news :rolleyes: No more Burley & McManaman...how will Saturdays ever be the same? :)

I wonder if Virgin will do same deal with ESPN as they had with Setanta for XL customers...I suspect not but would be nice once they get rid of these useless channels.

Win2Win
23rd June 2009, 16:25
That'll be the useless Setanta that supplied RUK then? :splapme

scoobydoo
23rd June 2009, 16:38
That'll be the useless Setanta that supplied RUK then? :splapme

That'll carry on as a standalone channel apparently...for free for a while I read.....then they'll start charging heaps!

yerotsluap
23rd June 2009, 17:15
According to sky news setanta is going off the air at 6pm today

scoobydoo
23rd June 2009, 17:29
According to sky news setanta is going off the air at 6pm today

That is quick :omg:....Sky have been pretty quick on this story as well! :wink

Seriously I am gutted, was looking forward to have all of the channels free with my Virgin package. :ermmm

yerotsluap
23rd June 2009, 17:30
I was looking forward to the state of origin game tomorrow morning but guess that I'll have to find something else to do with my week off now

yerotsluap
23rd June 2009, 17:32
Find it mildly amusing that Setanta Sports news is acting as though none of this is happening and that everything is going as normal

lowe1
23rd June 2009, 17:36
That is quick :omg:....Sky have been pretty quick on this story as well! :wink

Seriously I am gutted, was looking forward to have all of the channels free with my Virgin package. :ermmm

Phone them up and tell them you want to cancel as you only got that package for setanta and you think it is overpriced now setanta has gone of air , they will offer you at cheaper rate for 6 or 12 months or even free

scoobydoo
23rd June 2009, 17:43
Phone them up and tell them you want to cancel as you only got that package for setanta and you think it is overpriced now setanta has gone of air , they will offer you at cheaper rate for 6 or 12 months or even free

Would think there would be quite a few doing that. I don't have a bad deal for 6 months so will wait till I know what is happening about RUK And ESPN etc I think.

scoobydoo
23rd June 2009, 17:47
Find it mildly amusing that Setanta Sports news is acting as though none of this is happening and that everything is going as normal

Just put it on and quite a few of them are standing behind with their arms crossed...maybe that is normal?? Must be pretty bad day fo them all.

Win2Win
23rd June 2009, 17:48
RUK is now free, probably for up to 2 months. Subscriptions will then be the old £20 month, but this time includes the online package which was a seperate subscription under Setanta.

scoobydoo
23rd June 2009, 17:49
They are just announcing now that it is all over, must be going as you say at 6.

scoobydoo
23rd June 2009, 18:01
RUK is now free, probably for up to 2 months. Subscriptions will then be the old £20 month, but this time includes the online package which was a seperate subscription under Setanta.

Yes just seen that on their website.

The channel is in discussions with Virgin Media to continue supplying cable customers.

Win2Win
23rd June 2009, 18:38
4000 Posts Mr Scooby :)

scoobydoo
23rd June 2009, 19:12
4000 Posts Mr Scooby :)

Yeah...trying to knock your 2nd "0" off to get ahead of you :doh :D

Win2Win
23rd June 2009, 19:13
Welcome to the 'Get a Life, and You Need to Go Out More Club" :)

yerotsluap
24th June 2009, 11:10
I was looking forward to the state of origin game tomorrow morning but guess that I'll have to find something else to do with my week off now

Turns out I can watch the State of Origin game on Setanta Ireland which is still broadcasting on sky

Win2Win
24th June 2009, 11:16
It's only the UK tax division that has gone.

vegyjones
24th June 2009, 20:51
I can't believe that they owe so much money.

I really hope that the Director reports are savaging because they shouldn't have been allowed to get into so much trouble!

Win2Win
24th June 2009, 21:00
I can't believe that they owe so much money.

I really hope that the Director reports are savaging because they shouldn't have been allowed to get into so much trouble!
Peanute compared to what Gordon Brown has done to us :ass2