PDA

View Full Version : Bahati(Ire)

Godspot
23rd July 2009, 14:17
I just read the Timeform race view of this, it don't quite say, 'Oi! She's going to win does it?' & like all other media outlets I have seen today, it don't mention:

The last two juvenile course record breakers at Newbury both went on to win at Listed level and the lesser of the two, Winged Cupid over a mile, earned an official rating of 109. As for the other, Haafhd over 7f, he went on to win the 2,000 Guineas, I’m not saying Bahati(Ire) is classic material just yet but

Any horse that shows signs of greeness on their debut and manages to win, that’s a good sign of improvement to come. It quite often pays to follow outsiders that win, given that they deserve a chance to prove it was no fluke, Rafta & Ghanaati being recent examples of that. Bahati(Ire) fits the bill on both those counts.

I have a sneaky feeling that the trainer J G Portman is setting up an across the card double with his two horses in the 5.10 at Bath but let’s face it, if she was trained by just about any of the other stables in this race, she would be half the 11/1 available now on Betfair.

Anyway, whatever happens today at Sandown 3.20, I just thought it might be interesting to see what becomes of the latest juvenile course record breaker from Newbury, that's er Bahati(Ire) over 6f, and er, neither of the last two managed such a feat on their racecourse debuts.

Godspot
1st August 2009, 06:29
Still green they said last time at Sandown & generally disappointing I thought but hold on, there's a modicum of hope here in the first, 2.10 @ Newmarket...

Firstly, she will strip fitter than at Sandown which came after a two month absence but

Secondly, here she is back at 6f & being joined by a stablemate to keep her company (& not drawn too far apart either) as she was in her winning debut & back with Frankie McDonald who rode her first time out.

Obviously this is quite a competitive little race but there are 4 places up for grabs, I saw 20/1 somewhere, that'll do for me!