PDA

View Full Version : Daily Waffle 27th July

mathare
27th July 2009, 16:34
I had been storming along quite nicely until Sundae won the 16.30 as it was a double lay at a big price (9.6)

jonahjones
27th July 2009, 16:37
The backs continue where they left off at the weekend with a triple system qualifier losing at 1.48 and now the lays are joining in with Sundae going in at 10.5 on my biggest lay bank. :(

jonahjones
27th July 2009, 16:54
And another lay wins in the next race. :(

jonahjones
27th July 2009, 21:06
Hollow Green winning in the last at Windsor turned a truly awful day into just a really bad one!

Consistently backing short-priced favourites on the flat all day without success (including 1.52 and 1.57) and the first NH involvement is a lay of the favourite at 7.0 which wins!

A 10.50 win on the W2W Lays and two other high-priced winning lays completed the misery.

mathare
27th July 2009, 22:47
The bizarre situation I have with some of the bookies continues. If I place a bet with Bet365 it stands a good chance of winning - my account there keeps soaring to new heights. If I place it with William Hill it's bound to lose, for some reason. Today was a Bet365 day for the backs as they had the best prices, or at least equal best and when possible I choose to use them for the confidence boost I normally get of the horses winning with them. It can be nothing but coincidence but I can't win any bet at William Hill yet can't stop winning at Bet365.

Anyway, 3 from 5 on the backs, up 3.2pts thanks to beating SP by a decent margin on all the winners.

Frustrating on the lays, as you may have gathered from the earlier post in this thread. 4 from 21, down 14.08pts

TheGoodGuy
27th July 2009, 23:41
Strangely enough I have the same problem with William Hill.
Out of all the Best Odds Guaranteed bookmaker accounts I have, it always seems to be Wiiliam Hill funds that I have to top-up, even though I initially deposited the same amount in all of them & use them all equally.
I can't remember the last time I had to top-up my best performing Paddy Power & Bet365 accounts.
My next best performing account is Victor Chandler......with Stan James next and then William Hill a poor last.
My Betdaq account always does better than my Betfair one for some reason as well.

:thumbs

mathare
28th July 2009, 09:21
That's it exactly Ada. My Betdaq account does much better than my Betfair account. I do well with Stan James and have done much better at Victor Chandler recently but William Hill has always been my weak link. If the prices are equal across several bookies I would use Bet365 and Stan James ahead of the others. When I can get into Stan James that is - I keep finding that when I try to log in I can't and get a message to place my bet via customer services.

Win2Win
28th July 2009, 09:50
At least your doing better than the majority of punters who have numerous accounts and top them up every day :splapme

Haven't finished the accounts yet but looks like I broke even on the day.