PDA

View Full Version : Daily Waffle 17th August

Win2Win
17th August 2009, 15:50
Not much doing today, night racing is approaching then end....winter is coming up fast......:doh .....haven't we gone straight from spring to autumn this year! :rolleyes:

NH steps up a gear in 2-3 weeks and I can't :censored: wait, this flat season has been pants, and every other pro I know has been finding it hard going.

Crap weather and the full force of the BHB/BHA's meddling came into play, the SR of Favs in the last 5 years has now slipped around 3% :omg:

Roll on the jump season money machine :thumbs

barrelmaniac
17th August 2009, 16:29
Not much doing today, night racing is approaching then end....winter is coming up fast......:doh .....haven't we gone straight from spring to autumn this year! :rolleyes:

NH steps up a gear in 2-3 weeks and I can't :censored: wait, this flat season has been pants, and every other pro I know has been finding it hard going.

Crap weather and the full force of the BHB/BHA's meddling came into play, the SR of Favs in the last 5 years has now slipped around 3% :omg:

Roll on the jump season money machine :thumbs

What meddling? Whats new in the world of racing this year? Im fairly new to racing so I wouldnt notice any changes.

Win2Win
17th August 2009, 17:02
About 4-5 years ago the BHB (BHA now!) decided to help the bookmakers make more money by making races more competitive by fiddling with the handicap rules of races, and bringing in a few new type of non-handicaps.

It has had a massive effect on the flat, but luckily the meddling has had a limited effect on the NH as the form is much more stable.

barrelmaniac
17th August 2009, 17:16
About 4-5 years ago the BHB (BHA now!) decided to help the bookmakers make more money by making races more competitive by fiddling with the handicap rules of races, and bringing in a few new type of non-handicaps.

It has had a massive effect on the flat, but luckily the meddling has had a limited effect on the NH as the form is much more stable.

Thanks Keith, I think that has helped in explaining a few things for me.

mathare
17th August 2009, 20:24
4 from 27 on the backs, including 3 late on, but a profit of 4.66pts all the same

1 from 9 on the backs, down 4.5pts almost exactly. Unfortunately that equates to a heftier loss than it otherwise might because two of the losers came on my biggest bank and the winner came on a much smaller bank

mathare
17th August 2009, 22:17
When I first did my figures I had 2 winners on the backs but then I spotted one was wrong so corrected my figures. Only I just realised I did have two winners, I had just put the Y next to the wrong horse :splapme

So 2 from 9 on the backs, down 2.52pts is what I should have said

Win2Win
18th August 2009, 08:33
You use a 'Y'? I use a an 'X' for losers, and write the SP next to the winners.

mathare
18th August 2009, 10:39
You use a 'Y'? I use a an 'X' for losers, and write the SP next to the winners.I use Y for winners and N for losers and have a separate column for the SP for all selections so I can get an accurate overbet/overlay for every system