PDA

View Full Version : Betfair while abroad.

barrelmaniac
6th September 2009, 12:05
I know this topic has come up from time to time, but even with the research I have one I am still having problems getting my head around using betfair whilst out of the country.

Basically I will be in Chile most of the year from now on, so far me and my father have been working together running the systems so that we more or less never miss a day, but He will also be on holiday in Spain for the occasional week here and there over the winter as and when he can afford a quick break.

The last time I was in Spain betfair worked fine for me, but when my day went out there in June the computers in the same hotel that I was staying in denied him access, the internet cafe allowed him to log onto the site but would not let him place any bets, fortunately that was a quiet week at work for me so we muddled through.

In Chile I have logged onto betfair ok, but as I remember t wouldnt take a bet that I tried to make out of interest.

I phoned betfair and they cant seem to give me any definitive answers.

Does anyone know how I can get bets placed from Spain, Chile etc????

Win2Win
6th September 2009, 12:49
Use 'Hide the IP', but you need to pay for the premium service to ensure a fast connection. In fact it is so good, you can even watch the live feed. :)

Not that you should be using Betfair in those countries :wink

lowe1
6th September 2009, 13:28
The other way is change all your systems to Betdaq ok the price is sometimes a bit lower than betfair but its better than not putting bets on

I have been in loads of countrys where i can log on to betfair but a message comes up saying sorry betfair is veiwing only in this country but betdaq works no problem

barrelmaniac
6th September 2009, 13:43
Use 'Hide the IP', but you need to pay for the premium service to ensure a fast connection. In fact it is so good, you can even watch the live feed. :)

Not that you should be using Betfair in those countries :wink

Of course, of course Keth, Its just a hypothetical situation of course :wink cough cough

Betfair said that it was the ISP providers abroad that block it, So if my isp address is blocked it should work for sure?

Also cheers for the tip lowe1 - I think I had better set up a betdaq account to give me another option as well.

Hopefully thats me sorted then while im away- thanks guys

barrelmaniac
6th September 2009, 15:26
Is it this one you are talking about Keith?

Have you used it? Is it safe to use in your opinion?

http://www.hide-the-ip.com/

Win2Win
6th September 2009, 16:00
That's the one. Of course it's safe, I use all the time when I'm out and about! :)

You just switch it on while out the country, and change the setting to UK (or any European country).

You need to register/pay for the Premium service if you want the super fast proxy. If you are just using the software as it, you need to select ELITE, which spoofs everything, the other 2 settings still show your country. The Premium is all Elite.

jonfromwigan
27th November 2009, 11:36
Additionally, you could sign the www.right2bet.net petition, linked to BefFair, which is campaigning for people to be able to use WHATEVER gambling service they wish anywhere in the EU. It's ludicrous that fellow EU states don't let each other's citizens move across borders for this service! Completely out of kilter with the free market. Once the petition gets to 1million it will go before the Commission.

Won't help with going on holiday to Chile, though, I'm afraid ;)

TheOldhamWhisper
5th December 2009, 10:07
Despite a previous warning, MrsC, you have again posted links without permission. This has earned you a lifetime ban. We do not tolerate SPAM on this forum.