PDA

View Full Version : oh no..........

peza2605
3rd December 2009, 10:48
City v United in League Cup semis :yikes: cant let them get there at our expense.

City will no doubt play their full strength side, but what will Fergie do, stick with the ressies that have got this far? It would be unfair on them to miss out, but 33 years of trophyless seasons is at stake here.

City will be so up for this after our smash and grab derby win and the chance of an open top bus parade round Stockport(sorry i meant Manchester) with the League cup.

If they beat us they will win it and to City fans it will be like winning the treble........3 seasons on the trot as i read somewhere.

Oh and also the final is 28th Feb....34 years to the day since they last won a trophy, the stars are alligning, their time has come.

Put your money on City.

Ive grown quite fond of my signature as well.:(

MattR
3rd December 2009, 10:53
City will be so up for this after our smash and grab derby win and the chance of an open top bus parade round Stockport(sorry i meant Manchester) with the League cup.

As opposed to Torquay if Utd win :wink :D :peeky

Seriously though it's going to be a big decision for Fergie. If he puts the same side as he has been doing and they lose what will the fans think about it? Will it give them a get out in the sense of we let you win it by playing our kids?

peza2605
3rd December 2009, 11:01
Now now Matt :D

I wont be happy if we put the ressies out and lose, wont matter because City would be in the final, some fans were going mad over last seasons FA cup semi because of the same thing.

Saying that though if the ressies did knock them out it would be hilarious. And would the first team beat City anyway? Id rather not take the risk of losing with the ressies. I hope he puts out the 1st team.

scoobydoo
3rd December 2009, 11:11
I reckon he will play same team as he has been playing, it's just so low down on his prorities I think and he won't change his mind now he has said he is going to play them. But City will have a great chance no doubt about it. I think Utd reserves could compete against them but it is the cutting edge as Arsenal found last night, City looked very sharp up front- although Arsenal were terrible in defence. Be afraid pez! :ermmm

scoobydoo
3rd December 2009, 11:12
As opposed to Torquay if Utd win :wink :D :peeky

Saw the Villa game last night... :peeky :laugh

peza2605
3rd December 2009, 11:23
Saw the Villa game last night... :peeky :laugh

meeeeeeeooowwwww:D

scoobydoo
3rd December 2009, 11:27
meeeeeeeooowwwww:D

It was just when he mentioned Torquay, thought of Pompey...being on the South Coast of course! :laugh :wink

peza2605
3rd December 2009, 11:28
Me too.

MattR
3rd December 2009, 11:28
You should have been there :laugh 2-4 flattered us somewhat!!! Not that you can blame Grant but we did at least let a lot less in under Hart :yikes: The midfield was shocking. I'm not sure what Basinas has done but he doesn't even get a look in. Maybe he looks poor in training I don't know, but he has a 100 odd Greek caps and he does have the creativity we need, I'd have thought he was at least worth a try. If Richard Hughes is getting in the side ahead of him he might as well hang up his boots.

MattR
3rd December 2009, 11:29
It was just when he mentioned Torquay, thought of Pompey...being on the South Coast of course! :laugh :wink

Thought you meant we'd be playing them soon :laugh

scoobydoo
3rd December 2009, 11:34
Claridge and Lawrensen were saying last night if you had played your first team strikers, you would've had a much better chance? It was obvious Villa wanted to win that game more than Pompey and that the Burnley game for you is far more important- it aint rocket science is it? The Carling Cup is pretty worthless now, staying in the premiership is like winning 5 Carling Cups I think now...sad really isnt it?

peza2605
3rd December 2009, 11:55
Since the draw has been made the Carling cup has suddenly become the most important trophy of the season to me :ooo:ooo

MattR
3rd December 2009, 12:38
Claridge and Lawrensen were saying last night if you had played your first team strikers, you would've had a much better chance? It was obvious Villa wanted to win that game more than Pompey and that the Burnley game for you is far more important- it aint rocket science is it? The Carling Cup is pretty worthless now, staying in the premiership is like winning 5 Carling Cups I think now...sad really isnt it?

If they think Piqiuonne would make a difference then they have not seen enough of him :laugh I don't know who scouted him, butwhy anyone would think that someone playing for Lyon reserves would make it in the Premier I don't know! Dindane is decent enough at holding up the ball and bringing people into play but he has that African forward shooting thing where it could go anywhere. Unfortunately O'Hara and Boateng are far and away our best players this season and as both are cup-tied we were never going to win that game if Villa put out anything resembling a first team. To be honest we were lucky to come second :D

I honestly can't see us beating Burnley either. We can't score and can't keep a clean sheet, not a good combination! Kanu is now our best striker and brilliant on the ball as he is, and we love him, he can barely move these days :laugh Even if the transfer embargo is sorted out for January I don't see how Grant is going to convince anyone to come to a team at the bottom of the league and possibly almost out of touch by then. We've also used a few loans already so I'm not sure how many we can get in on loan. Looking at the fixtures between now and the new year tell me where the points are coming from. If we don't beat Burnley we have had it.

Burnley (H)
Sunderland (A)
Chelsea (A)
Liverpool (H)
West Ham (A)
Arsenal (H)

If we have 11 points by Jan 1st I'll be amazed.

scoobydoo
3rd December 2009, 14:40
They are some tough fixtures Matt but I can see you beating Burnley at the weekend. They are not too good away from home are they and Pompey will be fully concentrated on that game. With your 'midfield' back, I see you winning by 1 goal. Mind you if you saw my footie predictions, this would not fill you with much confidence! So you're probably right after all. :laugh

peza2605
3rd December 2009, 16:39
Just found out 2nd leg is 19th January...............my birthday . noooooooooooooooo.

John
3rd December 2009, 16:55
Just found out 2nd leg is 19th January...............my birthday . noooooooooooooooo.

Happy Birthday to you now, well in advance. :laugh

peza2605
3rd December 2009, 16:58
Thank you much appreciated. :D I just sorted out what i was doing and going on the night , its all being cancelled now.