PDA

View Full Version : Daily waffle 15th December

mathare
15th December 2009, 17:57
It's a good job I have lays as well as backs in my portfolio else I would be going crazy by now. My record on the backs currently reads 30 consecutive losers! The winner before that sequence began was a winner at a massive 1.30!! One of the systems I recently added is a low SR system picking high priced winners so a run of many losers is not at all unexpected but it is annoying when everything else seems to be blanking out at the same time. The lays did the business today and have seen me into profit - despite the backs - with the football still to come this evening. Of course, diversifying into sports other than racing has helped my portfolio too.

W2W Systems: 0 from 1, down 1pt
W2W Lays: 5 from 5, up 4.79pts
Other: 12 from 19, down 0.44pts

mathare
15th December 2009, 18:23
Just another quick word on staking. I was staking this low-SR AW system to level stakes set to 2% of the starting bank. I have decided that that was too risky - I think I had underestimated the length of the average losing run and figured that having 50 bets was OK but now I'm not so sure so have halved stakes. Yes, it means I have once more lost points at bigger stakes that will take some making up at smaller stakes but I am also protecting the bank like I should have done in the first place. A mistake on my staking, and perhaps over-confidence too, but a lesson quickly learned, even if it has been expensive at this stage.

Incidentally, remember yesterday I mentioned wanting staking changes to have an immediate effect to reinforce the good work done? Today both my NHPM and Lay'em banks hit new highs. OK, they probably would have done so anyway on the old staking methods but even so it's a good feeling :)

Win2Win
15th December 2009, 18:25
I was nicely up today, although little betting again with the weather sticking it's dirty fingers in!!

I had a decent amount on LORD VICTOR 5/2 and I managed to get 4.6 :)

scoobydoo
15th December 2009, 19:17
It's a good job I have lays as well as backs in my portfolio else I would be going crazy by now. My record on the backs currently reads 30 consecutive losers! The winner before that sequence began was a winner at a massive 1.30!!

In the last 10 days, my backs are down 25pts, whereas the lays are up over 30pts. A lot of red figures on the back totals anyway. The NHPM and Lay'em systems are going very well, especially the NHPM. :thumbs Will update figures later on.

tophatter
15th December 2009, 21:16
Thought I had jinked the layem and NHPM when i started up on 20th November but December is going great so far.

As for backing, i have always found it more difficult. My mindset is definatley set towards winning little and often which is why i prefer laying. You can easily go 20 or 30 bets on a decent strike rate without a win when backing. Having said all that, if you can ensure you back every day and handle long losing runs then the ROI is usually greater than laying.

mathare
15th December 2009, 21:23
As for backing, i have always found it more difficult. My mindset is definatley set towards winning little and often which is why i prefer laying. You can easily go 20 or 30 bets on a decent strike rate without a win when backing. Having said all that, if you can ensure you back every day and handle long losing runs then the ROI is usually greater than laying.I am of a similar mindset to you TH, I prefer laying, but I also need to ensure I have balance if I am going to make a full-time go of this game so I try to have both backs and lays going. The ROIs are higher for backing systems but the turnover is usually greater for lays.

mathare
15th December 2009, 21:24
W2W Lays: 5 from 5, up 4.79pts
Other: 12 from 19, down 0.44ptsThose figures are wrong as they are calculated using the wrong staking :splapme

The correct figures are (with the football still to come):
W2W Lays: 5 from 5, up 6.53pts
Other: 12 from 19, down 0.44pts

scoobydoo
16th December 2009, 00:02
Small profit on the day with the lays continuing to outperform the backs in December.

Backs 0/3 -3pts
Lays 5/5 +4.75pts