PDA

View Full Version : snow system

mick56
9th January 2010, 11:08
I no it is not often we get a protracted period of no turf racing because of the snow,but i am wondering if when racing does resume if it will prove profitable to follow horses who have a run and are then turned out again quickly,

My thinking is that stables will have not been able to use thier training grounds during the same period so recent race course fitness might give any qualifiers a big edge.

jaceug
9th January 2010, 11:25
Makes sense to me...but, then, I am rather a bit of a novice.

mick56
9th January 2010, 11:43
Makes sense to me...but, then, I am rather a bit of a novice.

Aren't we all :thumbs

Win2Win
9th January 2010, 12:10
We have no way of checking as the only other long period was in the early 80's

Godspot
9th January 2010, 12:39
I was talking to a chap the other day, he said last time something like this happened, Martin Pipe, who had recently fitted an indoor swiming pool for his horses within his yard - he won everything!

Last night on the local news it showed Paul Nicholls' stable - they have a cleared all weather gallop amongst the fields of snow, they are gritting the roads around themselves and his horses are cantering twice a day.

No doubt a few h'cap hurdles will go to quick reappearance types and maybe a few juvenile novice winners will have recently had a spin on the flat...

Actually, come to think of it, watch out for DAN BUOY - I had him down as clear on all the figs for a race at Fakenham last week which got abandoned - he turned out & won a 12f h'cap @ Southwell on Thursday 20/1, gutted! He had no flat form to recommend but he'll be pretty fit when the jumps get back on...

The forecast doesn't look good though for at least another week ? ?

mick56
9th January 2010, 13:04
[QUOTE=Godspot;520625]I was talking to a chap the other day, he said last time something like this happened, Martin Pipe, who had recently fitted an indoor swiming pool for his horses within his yard - he won everything!

QUOTE]

Yes that's fair comment,i guess the answer is to pay close attention to the results of individual stables once racing recommences,the problem with this is that any pattern is soon picked up by the press and the value disappears.

Godspot
19th January 2010, 17:06
Actually, come to think of it, watch out for DAN BUOY - I had him down as clear on all the figs for a race at Fakenham last week which got abandoned - he turned out & won a 12f h'cap @ Southwell on Thursday 20/1, gutted! He had no flat form to recommend but he'll be pretty fit when the jumps get back on...

Crikey Mick! No offence like but you're starting way too many threads for me to keep tabs & reply to all, if any but....

Dan Buoy wins at 10/1 today, I gotta mate called Dan, he's gonna be cursing me! But I think I could have peeeed off a few Hobbs (he had the 11/4 fav 3rd) followers if I had ventured out with that one but that could have just as easily have gone on your speed figures thread or system vs method but

mick56
19th January 2010, 18:52
Crikey Mick! No offence like but you're starting way too many threads for me to keep tabs & reply to all, if any but....

but that could have just as easily have gone on your speed figures thread or system vs method but

Dear godspot i am not at all offended by your comment,i think i am posting to much at present.I have only been on line a few months,and this method of sharing views, knowledge and entertainment with other racing fans is still a bit of an novelty.

But in all seriousness it is one which i am enjoying and although i except your point that i could be getting a bit ahead of myself,i feel that all members should be encouraged in every way to post,that way we futher increase the odds of obtaining an even more interesting and informative forum. :thumbs

mick56
23rd January 2010, 21:56
I was talking to a chap the other day, he said last time something like this happened, Martin Pipe, who had recently fitted an indoor swiming pool for his horses within his yard - he won everything!

Interesting how well the son is doing since the end of the freeze.

mick56
28th January 2010, 18:55
Interesting how well the son is doing since the end of the freeze.

Godspot have you seen what he achieved at Ffos Las today?

and here is clever me not liking systems :headbange

mick56
29th January 2010, 12:44
Godspot have you seen what he achieved at Ffos Las today?

and here is clever me not liking systems :headbange

just to update during the past week his total is RUNS 25 WON 6 LSP 41 PTS