PDA

View Full Version : Russell Slade

vegyjones
5th April 2010, 18:31
After Geraint Williams was ousted following a lethargic performance against Hartlepool on Saturday, Russell Slade has been confirmed Orient manager until the end of the season.

He has 6 games to keep us up.

What is he like Mat? Not worth asking John. :D

I know he did well for your lot, indeed he was the manager who lots out to us in our promotion season. He went on to do well at Yeovil, and maybe not so well at Brighton.

I believe at Brighton that he had a not so good footballing philiospophy. Is direct football the sort of thing we have to look orward to under him Mat. Is that his approach?

mathare
5th April 2010, 19:11
What is he like Mat? Not worth asking John. :DReluctantly, I'd have taken him back last autumn when we needed a manager. He knows what it takes to get a team out of the lower divisions but League One may be his upper limit, to be honest.

His approach isn't so much direct football as no frills football but to some extent it depends on how much he is allowed to tinker. If he can't get involved in the transfer market and has to work with what he's got then you may be OK. He can be somewhat wasteful in the transfer market if I remember rightly.

John
6th April 2010, 01:30
What is he like Mat? Not worth asking John. :D

Couldn't agree more! Haven't really followed The Mariners closely enough for about 7 or 8 years now, to know anything about them whatsoever.