PDA

View Full Version : UK planes grounded for second day

Win2Win Racing
16th April 2010, 06:40
Most flights across the UK are to remain grounded for a second day as ash from a volcano in Iceland continues to drift across Europe.

More... (http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/uk/8623806.stm)

Win2Win
16th April 2010, 09:16
Anyone notice a major flaw in the current policy? Not including the fact that the research plane to check the cloud didn't take-off till 6:30pm last night :splapme .... instead of going the day before to check the cloud and then decide whether to ground everyone.

What if this volcano goes on for months doing the same thing, or getting worse, with the drift usually in the direction of the UK? Planes will have to end up flying at some point. What's wrong with the American flights going at 12,000ft over the Atlantic till they are away from the cloud instead of a mass grounding. Why aren't prop planes flying, they are fine.

peza2605
16th April 2010, 09:37
saturday 1am now. i must admit though from a selfish point of view its great not having planes flying directly over my house every 5 minutes..

vegyjones
16th April 2010, 10:37
I hope MI6 are watching this.

Peza has just all but admitted that he is responsible for the volcanic eruption! :yikes:

mathare
16th April 2010, 11:09
Peza has just all but admitted that he is responsible for the volcanic eruption! :yikes:That'll be the curry he had the other night :omg: