PDA

View Full Version : Daily waffle 1st May

mathare
1st May 2010, 11:25
I don't often feel this way but I am nervous already and racing is still several hours away. Today is the 1st of May and that means one of my biggest system banks comes back into play, and it does so with a bang today as it has thrown up 8 qualifiers! It's a profitable system but it can have a low SR (around 15%) so there can be long losing runs (I have recorded one of 29 selections). When the winners come they tend to be biggies though. If all 8 selections lose today that will obviously have a significant impact on the day's profit/loss figure, just from this one system. I hate having one system capable of determining my daily results to such a degree but the bank has grown and my staking has been reviewed and is sensible so I just have to go with it. Fingers crossed...

plater
1st May 2010, 12:40
I know what you feel l ke Mat, I have 41 points riding on one system today as you will have seen in my email and a total of 65 points in my backing banks.

As you say let us have everything crossed hoping that a couple of biggies do the business today and justify the outlay :thumbs

neilb7
1st May 2010, 13:58
1 out of 8 Mathare
great start to the system :D:D

mathare
1st May 2010, 14:00
That'll do :thumbs

Tartan Gigha wins at 12/1 :happyboun

lowe1
1st May 2010, 14:46
:happyboun:happyboun Jukebox Jury :happyboun:happyboun:happyboun

Could this be the start of something good :D:D

neilb7
1st May 2010, 14:49
:happyboun:happyboun Jukebox Jury :happyboun:happyboun:happyboun

Could this be the start of something good :D:D

lets hope so :thumbs:wiggle:

jonahjones
1st May 2010, 17:56
An absolute bloodbath for me.

Not sure I want to/can afford to carry on.

I shudder to think what it would have been like without the £2 on Tartan Gigha @ 17.0.

Seriously piddled off. :(

mathare
1st May 2010, 21:32
I hit a couple of Mark Johnston winners which settled the nerves a little but despite those it wasn't the best of days. Profitable, yes, but when you get a nice double-figure winner early on you expect the day to finish better than it did. Other back systems weren't quiting hitting the right notes (although I had a pretty close second at 20/1 SP) and the lays picked up a few winners too. Like I say though, a profitable day but one that could have delivered much more than it ultimately did.

W2W Systems: 2 from 13, up 4.22pts
W2W Lays: 8 from 10, down 6.79pts
Other: 26 from 43, up 0.47pts

Laf
1st May 2010, 21:52
Awful day on the horses with one of my worst ever points losses on the day I think. Actually managed to make a profit overall with a bet placed on the football last August paying out today.

W2W backs, 0/8, -8pts
W2W lays, 6/9, -10.18pts
Others, 1 from 11, +4.15pts

neilb7
2nd May 2010, 09:51
Not too bad a day for me,
ive started a couple of lay sytems and they hit a couple of winners :splapme
however i ended up around 2 pts down in total so a great deal better than it has been :thumbs